Earliest possible united Italy

Since there are no restrictions...

272 BC, with the surrender of Tarentum.

or alternatively

88 BC, with the end of the Social War and the granting of Roman citizenship to all Italians.

or

42 BC, when Cisalpine Gaul was merged with Roman Italy.

Maybe a local carloman created an early italo-roman empire in 700-800 kicking out ERE and unifying the península, or rome decay to just the boot and alps

Either Ladislaus of Naples or Joanna II, both of whom were members of the Neapolitan branch of the House of Anjou, married one of the members of influential Tuscan merchant families (either the Medici, Albizzi or even the Bonsignoris of Siena)...

Since there are no restrictions...

272 BC, with the surrender of Tarentum.

or alternatively

88 BC, with the end of the Social War and the granting of Roman citizenship to all Italians.

or

42 BC, when Cisalpine Gaul was merged with Roman Italy.

Since the question wasn't when it actually happened, but how much earlier could we make it, perhaps one way to interpret the question is as whether the reforms resulting from the Social War (which I would myself accept as creating a united Italy) could possibly have been implemented earlier. Maybe if the first or second Punic war drags on even longer than historically and the Romans get desperate for more sources of loyal men?

Since the question wasn't when it actually happened, but how much earlier could we make it, perhaps one way to interpret the question is as whether the reforms resulting from the Social War (which I would myself accept as creating a united Italy) could possibly have been implemented earlier. Maybe if the first or second Punic war drags on even longer than historically and the Romans get desperate for more sources of loyal men?

Alexander's empire spreads West instead of East and he incorporates the Italian peninsula into his empire.