Earlier V Weapons

The Germans won't be able to tip ICBMs with nuclear warheads because they won't have any nuclear devices.
As to tipping 3 or 4 ICBMs with B or C warheads by early 1945, there is a very faint possibility of that. At a time when an Allied crop-duster can overfly most of Germany, it wouldn't be such a good idea, though.

I said maybe they will have nukes. Besides, a dirty bomb could also do the trick. Imagine an ICBM striking NYC, frightening lots of Americans...could have caused a change in policy.

I said maybe they will have nukes. Besides, a dirty bomb could also do the trick. Imagine an ICBM striking NYC, frightening lots of Americans...could have caused a change in policy.

bouscher

Even presuming an early ICBM could be that accurate a dirty weapon is not actually that destructive. Given the technology and knowledge of radiation at the time I'm not sure it would be recognised as such and attack. [Unless the Germans declared it openly, in which case I could see a very strong reaction by the western allies].

Steve

"Maybe" still expresses a possibility. This is an impossibility, so maybe you could explore it in the ASB forum.

Radiations were not fully understood, and a radiological device isn't particularly more frightening than the mere fact that the Germans are able to throw HE in the general direction of New York.

I agree that this will, alone, upset the US public opinion, but given that this happens at best around March 1945, any change in policy here actually means changes in postwar policy. A harsher treatment of Germany after the war is over. No significant effects on the war itself.