DWBI: WI Clinton had won in 1996?

After 8 glorious years of Bob Dole, and 4 years of having Newt Gingrich (he is running for a second term too! :)), The nation has went well. I was just wondering for some reason what the U.S. Would be like if Bill Clinton won a second term? What scandals would have happened in his second term? Who would be his successor? Would 9/11 be handled as good as Dole with the person after Clinton? Would we be in Iraq?

I heard something about him having an affair with his secretary. Something tells me Ken Starr would have brought that to the public's attention if he hadn't called off the Whitewater investigation following Clinton's defeat. All in all, I'd say we would have had a scandal ridden presidency and maybe even an impeachment. As for 9/11, somehow I doubt that would have happened. When Dole pursued Hamas after the 1999 embassy bombings, they had no luck. Any one of the 1,000 people who were killed in the White House or Sears tower building on September 11th, 2003 could have told you that. Perhaps Clinton would have pursued Hamas with greater vigor. The jury is still out on whether or no we'd be in Iraq, though.

After 8 glorious years of Bob Dole, and 4 years of having Newt Gingrich (he is running for a second term too! :)), The nation has went well.
Boy howdy, isn't America swell? Aren't Republicans swell? Isn't life swell? :rolleyes:
I was just wondering for some reason what the U.S. Would be like if Bill Clinton won a second term? What scandals would have happened in his second term?
Why, he would have been caught having an affair with his intern, of course. And then he would have been impeached by Congress, of course. Everyone knows that.
Who would be his successor?
Sadly, it's impossible to know. Ah, if only there were some way a successor could be indicated by some position in the Clinton Administration. Some sort of person who would be required to assume the duties of the Presidency if the President was to die or resign. Some sort of "Vice President", if you will...
Would 9/11 be handled as good as Dole with the person after Clinton? Would we be in Iraq?
Yep, Dole sure handled 9/11 good. I don't know what he did, but he did it good. As for Iraq, maaaaaaybe. I mean, it happened in OTL so of course the idea of a war in Iraq could come up here. :rolleyes:

:p

Bill?

Well, his first term was ok. But 2nd terms are usually tougher.

To answer your question, taxes are higher, nothing else changes.