Drunk on Bourbon

I love your maps, hope to see a world or an american soon. ;)

That... is a big problem. With Europe I had something to work with (I thank Valdemar for the original map, now heavily modified). Not so much with the Americas, where whatever map I may find is a very rough approximation. Borders were often based on faulty geography or simply consisted of land within cannon-shot of the colonial power's existing forts. I hinted at that with my comment on the ambiguity of whether or not Todos los Santos falls within the recognized territory of Carolina, but it goes much further. A good deal of post-decolonization conflicts in the Americas have roots in that sort of ambiguity, with borders drawn up as late as 1942 (Peru-Ecuador) suffering from a discordance between their description and actual geographic facts. Sorry, but for the foreseeable future you'll have to do with the links and the descriptions in the TL.

Wow, I promised an update this spring and it's already July! In my defense, I really have been busy. Here's an update consisting of everything in my working .txt file that doesn't require further work or additional details or just plain being put into words:

An earthquake and a tsunami cause thousands of deaths in the Edo area, among them Tokugawa Tsunayoshi. He is succeeded as shogun by Tokugawa Ienobu.

Aurangzeb dies while campaigning against the Marathas in the Deccan. The ensuing succession war between his sons is won by Shah Alam, aided by the Sikhs.

Shah Alam releases Shahuji, the son of slain Maratha leader Sambhaji, on the condition that he accept Mughal suzerainty. Shahuji challenges his aunt Tarabai for leadership of the Marathas.

Pro-Shahuji Marathas joined by Mughal forces lay siege to Pune. Tarabai and her son Shivaji II, for whom she was regent, are captured once the city falls.

John William Friso, Prince of Orange and Stadtholder of Friesland and Groningen, is married to Ulrica Eleanor, sister of the Swedish king.

The last bubonic plague epidemic in Europe hits Venice and reaches as far as Verona, Trent and Udine.

The Mughals, joined by Sikhs, Pashtuns and Baluchis, conquer Kandahar.

The Duke of Etruria marries Elisabeth Auguste of Neuburg.

James Stewart is married to Marie Louise Elisabeth of Orleans.

The Metropolitanate of Szentendre is moved to Sombor.

Ft Dauphin is established on the upper Winnipeg River.

The French establish Pekitanoui below the confluence of the Osage and Missouri.

An earthquake off the coast of Chile, followed by a tsunami, causes damage to Valparaiso and other parts of the captaincy.

The basin of Lake Winnipeg is formed into a separate colony within New France known as New Dauphiny, named after Ft Dauphin.