DPKdebator's Map Challenge Contest #1- A New England

Hello, hello, come one, come all! Come make a map, and have a ball!

This is not a ripoff of MotF. It's something a little different, as contests will only be a week and the criteria is different.

I challenge you to...
Create a scenario with an independent New England, and its effects.

A few rules...
Your map doesn't have to include all of New England (but this is recommended), but at least some of OTL New England has to be in it.
You do not have to use OTL borders- make the states of this country whatever you desire!

I wish you luck. This is both a discussion and an entry thread!

Last edited:
This is related to "the ASB" in my sig. The Dominion is either a sovereign federal monarchy within the loose confederation that is the ASB, or else it's from a closely parallel world but not actually part of that TL. Either way, it consists of five States: Connecticut, Saybrook, Rhode Island, Plymouth, and the Vineyards.

"Dominion New England," also called "Royalist New England" or "Tory New England," descends from those colonies that did not reject the English monarchy in the late 18th century. Its unification, and the treaties that bound it in friendship to "Republican New Enlgand," are a part of the ASB's origin story. The lozenge symbol on the map is the official logo of the country; there is also a coat of arms and flag used to represent New England.

The Dominion does not encompass everything that is considered New England, which includes Massachusetts Bay, New Hampshire, and Vermont. "Greater New England" includes all parts of North America heavily settled by Yankees, including St. John's Island and Upper Connecticut on Lake Erie, along with smaller traditional Yankee communities throughout the North.

Re-reading the Rules, it looks like this map does not qualify. Oh well.

dominion flattened.png

Last edited:
This is related to "the ASB" in my sig. The Dominion is either a sovereign federal monarchy within the loose confederation that is the ASB, or else it's from a closely parallel world but not actually part of that TL. Either way, it consists of five States: Connecticut, Saybrook, Rhode Island, Plymouth, and the Vineyards.

"Dominion New England," also called "Royalist New England" or "Tory New England," descends from those colonies that did not reject the English monarchy in the late 18th century. Its unification, and the treaties that bound it in friendship to "Republican New Enlgand," are a part of the ASB's origin story. The circular symbol on the map is the official logo of the country; there is also a coat of arms and flag used to represent New England.

The Dominion does not encompass everything that is considered New England, which includes Massachusetts Bay, New Hampshire, and Vermont. "Greater New England" includes all parts of North America heavily settled by Yankees, including St. John's Island and Upper Connecticut on Lake Erie, along with smaller traditional Yankee communities throughout the North.

Re-reading the Rules, it looks like this map does not qualify. Oh well.
I'll make an exception, since you're the first to enter! Plus, your version of New England is very original.