DEFCON

The Demo came out. It's very simple, but quite fun. Seeing all the little colored arcs ending in white circles over someoe else's country is quite satisfying.

I think (dunno for certain) that there's a leaked copy of the game out there in the webernets somewhere, although I don't know where for sure.
I do know, however, that DEFCON is a hit on 4Chan /b/ and that they play multiplayer there.

bump. The Mac version is out and boy is this game addictive.

Toss in the proper little models (B-52's and F-16's at the moment), and a couple other mod tweaks and I'm spending way too much time on it. Thank god exams just wrapped and I'm jobless for the moment (anyone know politicians hiring in Calgary?)

The AI sucks (2 on 1 makes for a decent challenge, though, and human/USSR versus AI/Europe&North America is both historical and fun to see communist missiles crush those damn capitalists into the dirt) but the multiplayer is good and games seem plentiful.

That's it really, but I highly suggest checking out the Demo at least. If you you're running multiple OS's the Mac key works on all versions, the Windows key (since it's cheaper) works on Windows/Linux.

By the way, Everybody Dies.

Pay no attention to the man below, he knows not of what he speaks :) (simplicity is a virtue)

Last edited:
Well it's kinda easy to figure out the game

-Nukes blow up city

-Air defence blow up missilles

-Subs blow up air defence

-Seaships blow up subs