DBWI: Who do you think was the best US president?

I have to go with Abraham Lincoln, 1861-1869, for best president. He kept the ship of state from sinking, and after the war ensured the speedy and efficient reintegration of the South.

Who do you think was the best US president?

(OOC: PoD is Booth's gun jamming/misfiring)

I liked Hannibal Hamlin (1869-1873), to be honest, though I wouldn't say he's the best. He did a good job of picking up where Lincoln left off, though.

Why him? He only served as president for 32 days.

Edit: Regarding William Henry Harrison obviously.

(OOC: Remember, PoD is Lincoln's second term.)

William Jennings Bryan, 1896-1901, His monetary policy with adding Silver to back the currency as well as Gold helped the economy for the common man.
His Assasination in at the Columbian Exposition cut short what promised to be an even better second term.

mowque

Banned
William Jennings Bryan, 1896-1901, His monetary policy with adding Silver to back the currency as well as Gold helped the economy for the common man.
His Assasination in at the Columbian Exposition cut short what promised to be an even better second term.

Overrated. He was clearly a racist, and helped cement all types of segregation and Jim Crow...

His reign was free of scandal, corruption, nepotism, and warmongering. How many American Presidents can make that claim?

(OOC: I know, bwahahahahahaha!)

(OOC: He must have been the first time traveling President also. The Columbian Exposition was in 1893.)

Andrew Jackson, for doing his best to discredit central banking.

Kennedy, for having the balls to do the right thing.

Well, during his (brief) term in office, he managed to offend nobody and make no real mess of governance. And his death lead to a basic resolution on what happens if the President dies in office (VP becomes full president and all that). Not to many presidents can claim to have settled a murky constitutional issue while staying out of the political line of fire.

OOC: Still true in OTL, as it happens.:cool: