DBWI:What if the World War III differently?

This has been troubling me as of late. These days we see German Fuhrers meet with American Presidents all of the time, but as late '70s the Slow War still existed. It was only 50 years ago today, in 1963, when the Newfoundland Missile Crisis occurred, as German nukes threatened New York and even D.C.. Although both sides prevented the near war from reaching the Public, the world almost blew apart then.

It would really have troubled me if these two great Aryan nations had gone to war against each other, instead of against the Japanese and Soviets.

So what would've happened if, say, a missile detector in Canada detects a false positive, and in response the U.S. unleashes its atomic arsenal on Europa? At that, the traitorous Japs were still pretending to be loyal to the Reich, so would they support Germania, or would they just back out earlier than OTL? And how dangerous were the nuclear stockpiles at this time?

Umm, I think the United Kingdom of Great Britain are still independent sovereign nation under the glorious rule of the Restored King Edward VIII. :cool:

Where is Britain in all of this nonsense?

Are you talking about modern Britain in modern events, or old Britain under Germanies thumb?

Do you mean Reichskommissariat Großbritannien?

Umm, I think the United Kingdom of Great Britain are still independent sovereign nation under the glorious rule of the Restored King Edward VIII. :cool:

I presume he means the old government in exile stationed in New York, if he's talking about "English" Britain, otherwise he'd have used the old RKGB standard like most people do.

And yes Spikey, we know how much you love Eddy Eight :rolleyes:, don't have to mention it on every board.

(OOC: Let's try and stick to one series of events, I shuffled it as best I could to make sense.)

This has been troubling me as of late. These days we see German Fuhrers meet with American Presidents all of the time, but as late '70s the Slow War still existed. It was only 50 years ago today, in 1963, when the Newfoundland Missile Crisis occurred, as German nukes threatened New York and even D.C.. Although both sides prevented the near war from reaching the Public, the world almost blew apart then.

It would really have troubled me if these two great Aryan nations had gone to war against each other, instead of against the Japanese and Soviets.

So what would've happened if, say, a missile detector in Canada detects a false positive, and in response the U.S. unleashes its atomic arsenal on Europa? At that, the traitorous Japs were still pretending to be loyal to the Reich, so would they support Germania, or would they just back out earlier than OTL? And how dangerous were the nuclear stockpiles at this time?

I think they should have gone to war against the Eire instead; they had more of the dictatorial power in the universe possible. This way the traitorous Japs would be scared of the great machine like force of the power of the Eire which dominated the realm of the Earth.

It's miraculous the Gestapo and SS didn't attempt to remove Fuhrer Kronecker when his Offenheit policy was costing Germany its entire European empire.

OOC: Kronecker is like Gorbachev, Offenheit is like Glasnost.

It's a good thing the situation did turn out the way it did! Otherwise we could have seen plenty of good Aryan blood spilled by the millions instead of those Chinese hordes the Soviets and Japs "recruited". We might have just seen nuclear craters in New York and Paris instead of Beijing and Pyongyang.