DBWI: What if Anne Boleyn hadn't been assassinated

As we all know, in the morning of January 31st 1536, Queen Consort Anne Boleyn of England, wife of Henry VIII and mother of Queen Elizabeth I, was found in her bed with her neck broken, to this day her death remains one of history's greatest unsolved misteries. Henry VIII is said to have become tired of her before her death due to the lack of male children, just some days before she had a stillborn son, and had plans on setting her aside for his mistress (and short-lived wife) Jane Seymour, but after her death he seems to have become as infatuated with her as he was before their marriage, placing the Royal Court in mourning for over a year.
Now, what if she hadn't been murdered?

OOC: Based on a fanfic by ReganX on fanfiction.net where Thomas Boleyn murders his daughter after her last miscarriage so her daughter and her family wouldn't fall

Last edited:
OOC: damn...I know people are generally weary of Papa Boleyn but...killing his own daughter? IDK about that.
OOC:He did it on the inspiration (and later poisoned Mary Tudor so she wouldn't threaten his granddaughter, while poisoning a bunch of others to look like it was really a diesase), I don't say it was he who killed her on the DBWI, maybe he did, maybe he didn't, although he is, admitedly, considered a suspect by historians

Last edited:
Well, the idea that Anne Boleyn was assassinated by loyalists to Mary I and her mother Catherine of Aragon is something which is quite fascinating as well.

Well, the idea that Anne Boleyn was assassinated by loyalists to Mary I and her mother Catherine of Aragon is something which is quite fascinating as well.
Yeah, the supporters of the Duchess of Bedford were quite active in their fight against Anne during her time as Queen, besides being of high rank (they included even her successor, Queen)

Last edited:
How likely do you think is it that loyalists to Catherine of Aragon and her daughter killed Anne Boleyn?
Both likely and unlikely, while it is true that they probably plotted to do so, Anne seemed to be close to being set aside by Henry at the time of her death (after 3 failed pregnancies) and so they wouldn't really have a reason to get rid of her when the king seemed to be working on doing it himself...

A bit ironic if they did, since he ended up falling all over again for her when she died

I think it depends on how she doesn't die. If the assassin is caught in the act, I could see that devotion that Henry displayed OTL coming to the forefront and the marriage might be saved. If the assassination never happens, I'm guessing the divorce goes through and Anne retires to her estates.

Either way she'd have a significant effect on Queen Elizabeth's life.

OOC: It's a pretty good fic

Both likely and unlikely, while it is true that they probably plotted to do so, Anne seemed to be close to being set aside by Henry at the time of her death (after 3 failed pregnancies) and so they wouldn't really have a reason to get rid of her when the king seemed to be working on doing it himself...

A bit ironic if they did, since he ended up falling all over again for her when she died

They also wouldn't have had access to her. Might have been able to knock her off some other way, but not in her bed as she slept.

They also wouldn't have had access to her. Might have been able to knock her off some other way, but not in her bed as she slept.
Well Queen Anne was leaved alone by her ladies quite often in the days between her miscarriage and her death so if someone knew that (and her household was likely dull of spies)....