DBWI: Prohibition Repeal!

((It's rather amusing here isn't)
After nearly 90 years the prohibition have finally been repeal in the U.S in a narrowly won vote at the senate and congress. One of my forecast is that Canada after decades of illegaly giving booze ot the states will suddenly grow one heck of liquor industry. :cool: (not that my family have interest in that or anything)

You might see more violent anti-alcohol terrorist attacks, like on that Seagram's distillery in Windsor in '98....

don't you find it funny the anti-booze are so good at finding them while the police were clueless?

I wonder how many times the police were actually feeding the antis information? It sure seemed funny when that whole block in Columbus, OH was blown up, that it took the local and the state police over two hours just to respond to the initial calls....

Well, now that it's finally legal..I might have a nip or two...as long as there are no "fundies" around to harrass me....

Well do we have two america? one fanantic the other one crooked? (and Canada making money on that)

Redem said:
Well do we have two america? one fanantic the other one crooked? (and Canada making money on that)

Sure, that's how her majesty the queen wants it. That's how they took Maine....

Weapon M said:
Sure, that's how her majesty the queen wants it. That's how they took Maine....

Well I'm sure that both Queen Jennifer I and Queen Elizabeth II (She might be Brit but she still technilly hold the throne of Canada with Jen I) didn't have anything to do with maine as it was a long time ago (even before Jen I was even born).

Imajin said:
Maine wasn't "taken", they voted democratically.

In elections "monitored" by the "independent" Monarchist observers....yeah, like they really voted to join The Empire....

Probably drunk on all that illegal Canadian booze at the time, too....

Weapon M said:
Probably drunk on all that illegal Canadian booze at the time, too....

Welll now it's no longer illegal (and it have been legal in maine for years) and if they all got drunk on the election they were simply preparing themself to be Canadian.

((OOC: Is that me or Canada a bit devilish in this timeline,very interesting, exploting U.S weakness for booze, but better not over doing it, I think it's like a nice little devil))

HueyLong

Banned
Meh. Its only a lifting of the federal ban. Plenty of states are keeping the regulations. Indiana is, and it keeps our unemployment and healthcare costs far under those of Maine.

My big problem is that now states which allow these health and societal problems will drag down the good, sober states with the use of federal funds.

HueyLong said:
Meh. Its only a lifting of the federal ban. Plenty of states are keeping the regulations. Indiana is, and it keeps our unemployment and healthcare costs far under those of Maine.

My big problem is that now states which allow these health and societal problems will drag down the good, sober states with the use of federal funds.

Boo hoo. Federal funds were used to quell several uprisings in your good, sober states, like in Baja, or Cuba, or did you forget the Kansas Rebellion that we had to pay for???

HueyLong

Banned
I know nothing of what you speak. There have never been violent uprisings against Prohibition. There have been some violent crimes by street gangs, who would be doing the same thing if booze were legal. There was never an uprising of any kind, beyond the Catholic Mass back in the 40s, which was just a peaceful demonstration which eventually allowed low grade wine in the sacraments.

Anything else is Drunkard propaganda. And I'm certain alcohol legalization results in a lower crime rate? So does legalizing murder. And the negative health effects are lies? Sure, if you believe that, I have a few plots of Arizona shoreline to sell you......

Last edited:

HueyLong

Banned
(If the POD is in no repeal of the 19th amendment until much later, Arizona never had a shoreline. Also, Mormons were for prohibition......)

HueyLong said:
(If the POD is in no repeal of the 19th amendment until much later, Arizona never had a shoreline. Also, Mormons were for prohibition......)

((well actually it can be much older as Canada have it's own monarchy, but it's a "have fun")

As I had to do many travel for my family I always have big problem beliving Cuba was in the U.S because I never saw so much booze in my life... (hum I've said nothing)

HueyLong

Banned
(I assumed it was the British Queen....)

Are there just different cultural problems? The West Coast seems to hate Prohibition, as do the Canadian border states and the East Coast, but most Midwestern, Southern and Mormon states have no problem.

HueyLong said:

Yes, those damn Mormons, driving the Arizona Defense Forces back from what they rightfully liberated from The Californians......

The reason Califronian didn't like prohibtion is that there postion make traffic very hard! A botttle twice as expensive in california as it in New York (although I'm pretty sure the price will drop soon)