DBWI: pokemon and digimon's fates swapped

samcster94

Banned
Digimon had released over 2000 monsters ever since it came out in the 90's in its successful tamer based-games and its successful cartoon. Tai and Agumon are well known components on TV The Macy's parade has an Agumon float. Imagine if they were flipped. I know little about pokemon, but I know there is some mouse called pikachu and some kid named Ash, and there were some games, but that franchise was boring tbh. Most of the mons aren't dragons and robots, but mundane animals like pigeons and rats and none of them know how to "Digivolve", but merely "evolve" once or twice.

I guess if Nintendo hadn't of abandoned the game boy the pokemon advantage in video gaming might shown. Instead the two shows were forced to compete as anime vs anime and there's no contest there.

I actually really enjoy Pokemon, and would have loved for it to have gotten more attention in the West. I don't think keeping the Pokemon anime popular would be that difficult. The 1st season of Pokemon was a close 2nd to Digimon in popularity when it first came out, but season 2 didn't keep people interested.

I think the main problem was Ash and the main cast didn't really show up much in season 2. That's part of the reason Digimon stayed popular, hell, we only just got a season of Digimon without any of the original cast playing an active role. If Pokemon kept Ash around for each season, people who liked the characters would have continued watching. It was a big let down when Pikachu (think Agumon) finally evolved at the end of season 1, but we barely saw Raichu (the evolution) ever again! Had we followed Ash, we could have seen that pay off plus future evolutions.

I actually really enjoy Pokemon, and would have loved for it to have gotten more attention in the West. I don't think keeping the Pokemon anime popular would be that difficult. The 1st season of Pokemon was a close 2nd to Digimon in popularity when it first came out, but season 2 didn't keep people interested.

I think the main problem was Ash and the main cast didn't really show up much in season 2. That's part of the reason Digimon stayed popular, hell, we only just got a season of Digimon without any of the original cast playing an active role. If Pokemon kept Ash around for each season, people who liked the characters would have continued watching. It was a big let down when Pikachu (think Agumon) finally evolved at the end of season 1, but we barely saw Raichu (the evolution) ever again! Had we followed Ash, we could have seen that pay off plus future evolutions.

yeah, i was in shock when they totally changed the characters in season 3 of pokemon....but i enjoyed it...although the main character looks like a clone of ash...