DBWI: Parliamentarians Triumphant

Alright for those unfamiliar with British History the 1640s was a time in which Politics was increasingly polarized into two factions. Since the time of Henry Tudor Parliament had increasingly grown i power until during the reign of Charles I when the Parliament directly challenged Royal authority in armed insurrection.

The two Parliamentarian rebellions where rspectiovelt a practical draw and a decisive victory for the Royalists. As a result of these wars British society set down a road to Absolutist rule that would last for nearly two centuries under the Stuarts. Perhaps more importantly the wars saw England lose its growing power in the Maritime markets; the Royal Navy had been dominated bhy PArliamentarian sentiment. As a result the seemingly mutinous navy was scaled back with the Royal army instead becoming the favored instrument of Stuart power both on the continent and in Isles.

So what I ask is in the board's opinion if the Parliamentarians had won, what would have happened. Would Britain be waeker without a decisive leadership? Would the Troubles have been avoided?

My knowledge of the period is limited, so pleaseenlighten me to thwe actual facts.