DBWI: Osama attacks America instead.

September 11, 2001.

Osama Bin Laden and Al-Queda highjacked planes and crashed them into buildings all across the European Union. That day One Canada Square (tallest office building in London), Seat of the European Parliament (The EU HQ in Strasbourg France) and the European Central Bank Building (Largest bank in the EU. Frankfurt Germany) were all destroyed. A fourth plane went down over Tuscany, presumedly heading for Rome or The Vatican. Over 3,000 people died that day.

But WI Osama had targetted The United States? What would be the targets? Would they succeed? How would this effect The War On Terror?

((Might be asb, but what the hell.))

He'd likely target the Empire State, Statue of Liberty, and White House. But I don't think he'd be stupid to do that--I mean, he got curbstomped quite quickly OTL, so think what the US'd do to him. Without this, we probably wouldn't get the EU's unification programme and it's military wouldn't be the US-rivalling monster it is today.

mowque

Banned
Nope. Even the Pentagon and red-and-blue yankee patriots acknowledge that the EU military is badass. Still, the two are friends, and the US is still on top, though not by much.
(OOC- If this is less then 2020..then ASB. And I'm being generous..)

I think the USA would catch him faster, so there probaly won't be the Moskau Bombing 911 days later, which caused Russia to get closer to the EU. I mean without Russia in the EU, providing a hell of Ressources, Europe couldn't be that powerhouse. Russia provided most of the Military Bases for the Invasion of Afganhistan, I don't think that they would give these accses to the US, they could probaly need the help of India or China

Well there was that massive "covert" pan-European funding of the mujahadeen that kind of lead to the strength of Al-Qaeda now.

I mean we would have to have Carter lose to Reagan in '80 and Mondale lose (which he just narrowly won) lose to the man again in '84 I guess then.

Well there was that massive "covert" pan-European funding of the mujahadeen that kind of lead to the strength of Al-Qaeda now.

I mean we would have to have Carter lose to Reagan in '80 and Mondale lose (which he just narrowly won) lose to the man again in '84 I guess then.

OOC: There is our POD! Or at least one of them...

i was watching David icke and he says it is all part of his problem reaction solution paradigm. False flag ops for centralisation and protection.

Look at Gladio, Northwoods and the Reichstag Fire. Read Webster Tarpley.

OOC: i am playing the CTer.

i was watching David icke and he says it is all part of his problem reaction solution paradigm. False flag ops for centralisation and protection.

Excuse me? I lost my parents in the attacks. How dare you!

OOC: :D

In order for Bin Laden to attack America you need him to view America as the main enemy which means America has too be much stronger or Europe has too be much weaker. You could go either way here are some example

Europe weaker scenario: Have the March 1943 assassination of Hitler fail see he stays in power longer with his never retreat orders leading to the early destruction of the wehrmacht. You could see Europe split down the middle between the US and USSR. Or you could see the USSR not breaking up in the 70's and then no opening up of Russia's massive resources. We all know that this led to Europe becoming much more independent of Arab oil which in turn led to increased European support for Golda Meir and her greater Israel policy.

America stronger scenario: Have the US take over the Bosporus, Armenia and Kurdistan after WWI instead of retreating into isolationism. This means America is in the arabs face more you could also have the US go ahead with William Shale's plan to annex the Barbary states.

OOC: LOL. You got to love the Conspiracy Theorist.

In order for Bin Laden to attack America you need him to view America as the main enemy which means America has too be much stronger or Europe has too be much weaker. You could go either way here are some example

Europe weaker scenario: Have the March 1943 assassination of Hitler fail see he stays in power longer with his never retreat orders leading to the early destruction of the wehrmacht. You could see Europe split down the middle between the US and USSR. Or you could see the USSR not breaking up in the 70's and then no opening up of Russia's massive resources. We all know that this led to Europe becoming much more independent of Arab oil which in turn led to increased European support for Golda Meir and her greater Israel policy.

America stronger scenario: Have the US take over the Bosporus, Armenia and Kurdistan after WWI instead of retreating into isolationism. This means America is in the arabs face more you could also have the US go ahead with William Shale's plan to annex the Barbary states.

OOC: Good POD.

BIC: Hitler NOT get killed in 1943. Now that is a scary thought.

osama is a religious extremist, he has to somehow relate america with judism or christianity. with places like South Windsor (OOC: Detroit) there is not a chance.

He'd likely target the Empire State, Statue of Liberty, and White House. But I don't think he'd be stupid to do that--I mean, he got curbstomped quite quickly OTL, so think what the US'd do to him. Without this, we probably wouldn't get the EU's unification programme and it's military wouldn't be the US-rivalling monster it is today.
OOC:The EU, no matter what, will never outdo the USA. Why? We have nuclear weapons, are insane, stubborn, and willing to kick your BUTT!

OOC:The EU, no matter what, will never outdo the USA. Why? We have nuclear weapons, are insane, stubborn, and willing to kick your BUTT!

OOC: If Russia works stronger with the EU the could have the Russian Nuclear Weapons + the French Nuclear Weapon, and Maybe in this Timeline The Germans could build some too.

[VK];2477984 said:
OOC: If Russia works stronger with the EU the could have the Russian Nuclear Weapons + the French Nuclear Weapon, and Maybe in this Timeline The Germans could build some too.
OOC:We nuke first, and we aim for the nuke platforms. We also go Ameriwank on your country.

OOC:We nuke first, and we aim for the nuke platforms. We also go Ameriwank on your country.

OOC: The Problem in this Strategy was that the Missles need Time to fly to The East. During this time the Missles could be recognizesed and the Shoot back could already start. And even after the Missles hit, the Other could shoot back. During the Cuba Crisis the Idea was that "as long more of us survife - we win". But as nobody shoot the Missles, both survifed. Evan in Operation "Armageddon" were 500 Million dead calculated, on both side.

IC: We could weaken Europe if the USA would give Europe Credits after the war, which would bind Europe to the US. At the same time The SUA would get strongen, as I see this is a win-win Situation, for our Aim to strengthen the US and weaken the EU