DBWI: No age of peace during the XX century?

Yes, another of those threads. Well, the 20th century, apart from the massive human rights violations in the soviet union and the japanese invasion of China, plus some decolonization wars and the breakup of India, could have been way bloodier than it was, as there was no major european war since the Great war, even the fall of the soviet union was peacefull (apart from, you know, soviet tanks in Lithuania). Because of that I want to ask: What if the age of peace, or the long peace, or the long euro-american peace didn't happened? I think one butterfly is if Gustav Stressman dies before adopting the policy of western reconciliation after the great war, or maybe there is no polish german compromise over the corridor, with the polish ceding Danzig to the restored German Empire in exange for the garantee of the rights of the polish citizens in the area and a non agression pact.

What do you think?

Yes, another of those threads. Well, the 20th century, apart from the massive human rights violations in the soviet union and the japanese invasion of China, plus some decolonization wars and the breakup of India, could have been way bloodier than it was, as there was no major european war since the Great war, even the fall of the soviet union was peacefull (apart from, you know, soviet tanks in Lithuania). Because of that I want to ask: What if the age of peace, or the long peace, or the long euro-american peace didn't happened? I think one butterfly is if Gustav Stressman dies before adopting the policy of western reconciliation after the great war, or maybe there is no polish german compromise over the corridor, with the polish ceding Danzig to the restored German Empire in exange for the garantee of the rights of the polish citizens in the area and a non agression pact.

What do you think?
To stop the age of peace you would need to stop democracy and capitalism from ever existing, these are the principles that make war nearly impossible, since war is bad for trade and most people really don't want war, as even Goebbels said

Funny how only capitalists call the 20th century "the great peace" despite still a lot of conflicts, but not in the west. However, so much imperialist expansion that might have gone "peacefull" but still meant massive ethnic cleansings and major riots and protests that has killed literally hundreds of thousands, up untill today. But no wars, i guess. Just "clashes". Even in Europe like Yugoslavia, Spain, and the economic collapse of fascist Italy in the 40's and again the 60's.