DBWI: Justin Bieber went into singing

I remember a video or maybe of Florida Panthers player Justin Bieber playing guitar as a young child. One of them is below.

It actually makes me imagine what if Justin never got into hockey like IOTL. What would both the NHL and music worlds look like if Justin was a music star rather then a hockey player. Crazier yet, make him a big one that dominates the airwaves.

Don’t know enough about the music industry to comment, is there that much of a market for acoustic singing these days? Seems unless he gets into the really pop-py auto tuned stuff, which doesn’t strike me as his forte based on this video, he probably is a fairly small-scale act.

As for hockey, you can probably say goodbye to the Panthers Stanley Cup run in 2017. They were already lucky the defending champion Penguins had knocked out the Caps for them, but Bieber’s three game-winning shots, including the 2OT game winner, is the stuff of legends. Pens probably take back to back over the Preds then. And without the 2017Cup you definitely don’t have them winning last year’s so handily, so maybe the Blues finally get theirs?

In terms of music, I think he did have the talent to get into the big leagues of music at least for a few years. However, what he would have difficulty with was refining that talent. I can see him going big for a few years, but then his music does not improve that much, and he ends up collapsing like Rome. His fame ends up being rather temporary. Another reason he could end up collapsing like Rome and only staying big for a few years was the feud scene. Those same rivalries that make Hockey so great aren't the kinds of subjects you want in music. Often, it just distracts a singer or songwriter from making good music. Look what happened to Tim McGraw after he claimed to make several other artists famous--this wasn't true. Some of the songs were about him, but the artists he mentioned carved out their own fame. The media turned on him, and he collapsed into obscurity. Something like that could easily have happened to Bieber. KingSweden24 already talked about the Hockey scene...

Don’t know enough about the music industry to comment, is there that much of a market for acoustic singing these days? Seems unless he gets into the really pop-py auto tuned stuff, which doesn’t strike me as his forte based on this video, he probably is a fairly small-scale act.

As for hockey, you can probably say goodbye to the Panthers Stanley Cup run in 2017. They were already lucky the defending champion Penguins had knocked out the Caps for them, but Bieber’s three game-winning shots, including the 2OT game winner, is the stuff of legends. Pens probably take back to back over the Preds then. And without the 2017Cup you definitely don’t have them winning last year’s so handily, so maybe the Blues finally get theirs?
No Bieber boom, either, there a reason why his callsign was 'pretty boy' he did bring a female fanbase to florida..and those were not hockey fans at first but he put butts on the seat even when was still learning, that make florida Attractive enough to get the key FA for their RUN, Beiber stepping up was the natural evolution of Beiber Mania. If anything without Beiber less attendance would not make the plans a new arena to be a reality

Last edited:
No Bieber boom, either, there a reason why his callsign was 'pretty boy' he did bring a female fanbase to florida..and those were not hockey fans at first but he put butts on the seat even when was still learning, that make florida attractice enough to get the key FA for their RUN, Beiber stepping up was the natural evolution of Beiber Mania. If anything without Beiber less attendance would not make the plans a new arena to be a reality

I wonder if the Panthers would be a relocation candidate to that empty arena in Quebec? The renderings of their new home on the main strip in Fort Lauderdale looks amazing, the House That Bieber Built be a great place to watch hockey when it opens in ‘23

I wonder if the Panthers would be a relocation candidate to that empty arena in Quebec? The renderings of their new home on the main strip in Fort Lauderdale looks amazing, the House That Bieber Built be a great place to watch hockey when it opens in ‘23
Nah, we're going to get a team in Utah before Quebec, the league hate quebec