DBWI: Just found this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the following map on an obscure alternate history site. While I admire the visual effects, some of the countries and borders depicted seem unlikely. What does everyone think?

reg_nasa_pol_lg_1996.jpg

reg_nasa_pol_lg_1996.jpg

Itallianization* Galore! (mostly)

Gran Colombia broke up?
Peru-Bolivar Confederation broke up?
Rio de La Plata broke up?
UPCA broke up?
USNA broke up?
Mexico got severely diminished?
Brazil got wanked?
What is going up in Guyana also?

Its not implausible if you have an early enough POD, probably sometime around when America was trying to get Canada might be a start.

Wow. Why is Mexico so small for starters and where are the Native American prarie states, not to mention the Dominion of Pacifica? I agree that the idea of a single North American superstate is very ASB (Canada is an exception because they had the British supporting them)

What is Canada? Why is the north independent from the USA, while the many more viable states in the West have been swallowed. Weird. And so much Balkanization elsewhere.

I was more wondering if Ecuador had puppetised Peru.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. I also wonder why the USA owns Alaskya, although I've heard they used to call it "Alaska" and that the Russians wanted to sell it, but that idea seems a little too ASB to me. Maybe they took it in this TTL's version of the War of Russian Succession? Unless that was butterflied away, but that's next to impossible to do. It's like not having a peaceful Middle East:rolleyes:; it's just not going to happen.

What is Canada? Why is the north independent from the USA, while the many more viable states in the West have been swallowed. Weird. And so much Balkanization elsewhere.

I think "Canada" may be derive from Iroquoian "Kanata" ("settlement"), which would suggest that it is a native state... covering a huge chunk of North America. ASB! :eek:

If you look to the margin of the map and to the part of Europe that is visible there, it also does have some very weird borders!

The POD must be before 1783, since British Honduras seems to have been replaced by an entity called 'Belize.' That leads me to believe that it because of an alternate North American War of Independence.

Although, the use of Latinates like 'Canada' and the use of the Castilian 'Brazil' instead of Brasil makes me think that this is a timeline where Spain settles all of the Americas except for some Guyanan colonies. Probably after the Spanish Armada, which would explain the independent Ireland.

I think "Canada" may be derive from Iroquoian "Kanata" ("settlement"), which would suggest that it is a native state... covering a huge chunk of North America. ASB! :eek:

If you look to the margin of the map and to the part of Europe that is visible there, it also does have some very weird borders!

Yes, for some reason Scotland has been swallowed by England.

It seems that the French managed to hold onto a colony in South America, while this 'UK' managed to colonize the Malvinas before Rio de la Plata did. What's even more interesting is that La Plata lost 'Uruguay' and 'Paraguay', but has the majority of Patagonia. And the Andean part of Patagonia is called 'Chile' and has a significant chunk of Bolivarian Peru.

I find the borders in Europe even weirder. The Low Countries are split into two, Suomi is independent from Russia and seem to control a significant part of the Gulf of Suomi on both coasts, and either Arctic Denmark or Baltic Denmark have broken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.