DBWI: Hurricane Ella doesn’t make landfall

A lot of ink has been spilled over the years about the quote-unquote “terminal decline” of New York City post-Ella, especially after the 1990 census when Los Angeles overtook it to become the most populous city in the United States.

If Ella, and the subsequent Citicorp Center collapse, gets butterflied away, could New York City make a comeback?

It was more then that though.. new York had been run down for a long time.

The collapse.. damage to an already over taxed under funded subway.. the blight .. no one liked Manhattan let alone the burrows before, people wanted out.

After the hurricane corporations left and with it the rich people ... leaving New York a shell of itself.

Even worse was the world trade center bombing that closed the north tower permanently.. sad they wait and waited on repairs until it too collapsed.

Most of the buildings are shells downtown.

Even the rats want to leave

Glad I'm in booming Detroit

Wasn't there problems with the Citicorps Center before the collapse?

I think even without Ella, we might've gotten a collapse anyway. Actually the fallout might've been worse, because some tried to blame the hurricane itself, not the preexisting problems. (Doing that cost Ronald Reagan the Republican nomination in 1980)

Pretty sure meteorological PoDs are ASB.
To my understanding, Climatological PODs are ASB, Meteorological PODs are fine.

A POD of the little ice age never ending would be ASB as that’s about climate, but a POD about a specific storm in the Atlantic on a certain moving differently would be fine.