DBWI: German Reich ("Weimar Republic") general election, 2009

Which list do you vote for to compose the Reichstag?

• List 1: SPD (Social Democrats)

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • List 2: CNBPD (Agrarians, religiously affiliated)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • List 3: KPD-T (Communists, "Thaelmann" faction, traditional)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • List 4: KPD-SE ("Eurocommunist" faction)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • List 5: BVP (Bavarian Autonomists)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • List 6: Z (Centre Party, Catholic, Christian Democrats)

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • List 7: KVP (Moderate Conservatives)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • List 8: DVP (Liberal Conservatives)

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • List 9: DVNP (Paleoconservatives, Nationalist)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • List 10: DDP (Social Liberals)

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • List 11: DHP (Hanoverian Regional)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • List 12: CSVD (Christian Democrats, Protestant)

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • List 13: Die Gruenen (Greens)

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • List 14: Unabhaengigsliste (List of various independents)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • List 15: NSDAP-ASP-DVF joint list (Nazis, Anti-Semites, Far-Right)

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • List 16: RPD (Pensioner's Party)

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
Ah, so you admit it...

The Jews are blamed because they do the wrong.

The party is not inbred nor closeted Jews or whatever slurs you throw at it. It is of members of the white race who wish to continue their race's purity in the face of ethnic overbreeding and infestation which threatens to choke us out of existence and who conspire against us at every turn. We are the representatives of the white christian people and we must defend ourselves by whatever means necessary.

Through it all, the party has remained. It shall remain and no matter what it shall strengthen. We shall be the saviors of Germany, for it is the birthright of the strong and pure.

The women's death was a mistake. One shot, one kill; that is how it is to be done. Not messy beatings and theatrics.

I'll just call the police, then.

Why are the f'ers so popular?

ooc: and Norton. please don't answer. I don't feel like beating your character to death with a baseball bat right now.

Well, okay...

OOC:...Fun?

OOC: Wait, you don't? Nazi lover!!!:D

It's late, but I can squeeze in a bit of rioting before bed.

Grabs a baseball bat and rushes towards the Nazi, screaming an ancient Germanic battle-cry

"BOZ, BOZ, BOZ!!"

OOC: so, Norton, plan on your psycho gettin' arrested or just killed?

oh,

Deutschland Eins Projections, 2100 Berlin time, 58% of returns:

SPD: 140
CNBPD: 9
KPD-T: 28
KPD-SE: 37
BVP:27
Z: 47
KVP: 9
DVP: 86
DVNP: 46
DDP: 37
CSVD: 38
Die Gruenen: 46
NSDAP-ASP-DVF: 45
RPD: 9
Total needed to form a Majority Government (customarily since 1950, the Reich President will only clear a coalition if it makes 50%+1 at least): 305

Leading Parties:

SPD: 140 seats
If SPD forms “traditional” coalition with Die Gruenen and the DDP: 223 seats
Other parties willing to join an SPD-led coalition: CNBPD (preferably without the Greens) (232 with the Greens)

DVP: 86 seats
If DVP sticks with “traditional” coalition partners (Z and CSVD): 171 seats
If BVP joins traditional coalition: 198 seats
If DVNP joins traditional coalition: 217 seats
If KVP, CNBPD or RPD joins traditional coalition: 180 seats
If all aforementioned parties join coalition: 271 seats

DER SPIEGEL ONLINE article:

Election ’09: The End of Majority Government?
By Ludwig Schmidt

As the votes come in, observers on all sides can come to one conclusion: the traditional three-party coalitions, and the majorities they customarily have formed, are now unable to form a majority sufficient to customarily ensure government stability.

On the one hand, you have the largest party, the SPD, unable to form any center-left coalition. Lehmann’s retirement is well-timed – there is absolutely no way he could have remained Chancellor with the projections so far. The problem, indeed, will lie with his protégé, Gerhard Schroeder – even if the Agrarians joined his center-left coalition (an unlikely prospect, as most Greens in the coalition would consider it anathema), is far short of the magic 305.

While usually this would have led to much rejoicing in the center-right, the “Union” has its own problems. The confessional parties (Zentrum and the CSVD) have lost their collective preponderance over the Union, as the traditionally junior DVP has taken their votes away with promises of “Anglification” that are popular with younger voters. Even if the BVP and any other party considered moderate-to-conservative (including the now coalition-less DNVP) joined the confessional parties and the DVP in government, they would still be 34 seats short of a majority.

As of now there seems to be only three ways to achieve a government: Firstly, if President Koehler, breaking with precedent, allows either the center-left or center-right coalitions to form a minority government – something which has not existed since 1950, and something which historically is identified with the instability of the 30’s.

The second, albeit more unlikely, outcome is if the two traditional coalitions form a “grand Coalition”, something not seen since the Second Great War (OOC: basically WWII against the Commies, where the DR is allied with the West).

The third outcome is the most chilling of all – namely, if the Union Coalition coalitions with all right-wing parties – including the NSDAP, which sends collective bone-chills down every moderate German’s spine (1932, anyone?), if one discounts the DVNP’s 10-year rocky marriage of convenience with Herr Voigt.

This election, in short, is perhaps the single most revolutionary electoral event since the close shave with the NSDAP in late ’32.

Francisco...

Deutschland Eins Projections, 2100 Berlin time, 58% of returns:

SPD: 140
CNBPD: 9
KPD-T: 28
KPD-SE: 37
BVP:27
Z: 47
KVP: 9
DVP: 86
DVNP: 46
DDP: 37
CSVD: 38
Die Gruenen: 46
NSDAP-ASP-DVF: 45
RPD: 9
Total needed to form a Majority Government (customarily since 1950, the Reich President will only clear a coalition if it makes 50%+1 at least): 305

Leading Parties:

SPD: 140 seats
If SPD forms “traditional” coalition with Die Gruenen and the DDP: 223 seats
Other parties willing to join an SPD-led coalition: CNBPD (preferably without the Greens) (232 with the Greens)

DVP: 86 seats
If DVP sticks with “traditional” coalition partners (Z and CSVD): 171 seats
If BVP joins traditional coalition: 198 seats
If DVNP joins traditional coalition: 217 seats
If KVP, CNBPD or RPD joins traditional coalition: 180 seats
If all aforementioned parties join coalition: 271 seats

DER SPIEGEL ONLINE article:

Election ’09: The End of Majority Government?
By Ludwig Schmidt

As the votes come in, observers on all sides can come to one conclusion: the traditional three-party coalitions, and the majorities they customarily have formed, are now unable to form a majority sufficient to customarily ensure government stability.

On the one hand, you have the largest party, the SPD, unable to form any center-left coalition. Lehmann’s retirement is well-timed – there is absolutely no way he could have remained Chancellor with the projections so far. The problem, indeed, will lie with his protégé, Gerhard Schroeder – even if the Agrarians joined his center-left coalition (an unlikely prospect, as most Greens in the coalition would consider it anathema), is far short of the magic 305.

While usually this would have led to much rejoicing in the center-right, the “Union” has its own problems. The confessional parties (Zentrum and the CSVD) have lost their collective preponderance over the Union, as the traditionally junior DVP has taken their votes away with promises of “Anglification” that are popular with younger voters. Even if the BVP and any other party considered moderate-to-conservative (including the now coalition-less DNVP) joined the confessional parties and the DVP in government, they would still be 34 seats short of a majority.

As of now there seems to be only three ways to achieve a government: Firstly, if President Koehler, breaking with precedent, allows either the center-left or center-right coalitions to form a minority government – something which has not existed since 1950, and something which historically is identified with the instability of the 30’s.

The second, albeit more unlikely, outcome is if the two traditional coalitions form a “grand Coalition”, something not seen since the Second Great War (OOC: basically WWII against the Commies, where the DR is allied with the West).

The third outcome is the most chilling of all – namely, if the Union Coalition coalitions with all right-wing parties – including the NSDAP, which sends collective bone-chills down every moderate German’s spine (1932, anyone?), if one discounts the DVNP’s 10-year rocky marriage of convenience with Herr Voigt.

This election, in short, is perhaps the single most revolutionary electoral event since the close shave with the NSDAP in late ’32.

Has the Spiegel or Allgemeine-Zeig done anything on the Kohler murder? The Rhineland seems to be in a state of outrage about it, but I haven't heard anything specific.

Has the Spiegel or Allgemeine-Zeig done anything on the Kohler murder? The Rhineland seems to be in a state of outrage about it, but I haven't heard anything specific.

I believe so, but it's more your perfunctory stuff. The protests are easy to see on Deutschland 1 or CNN, and pretty much it's your routine murder, albeit of a politician. Now if the Chancellor was murdered - now that'd show up in Tante Voss or the Sueddeutsche (I live in Munich).

So, what do you think it'll be? Minority government? Grand Coalition? or *shiver* a center-right/Nazi coalition?

Oh, and it's "Franz." Francisco is merely my handle. (OOC: I'm roleplaying...)

Personally...

I believe so, but it's more your perfunctory stuff. The protests are easy to see on Deutschland 1 or CNN, and pretty much it's your routine murder, albeit of a politician. Now if the Chancellor was murdered - now that'd show up in Tante Voss or the Sueddeutsche (I live in Munich).

So, what do you think it'll be? Minority government? Grand Coalition? or *shiver* a center-right/Nazi coalition?

Oh, and it's "Franz." Francisco is merely my handle. (OOC: I'm roleplaying...)

I'm hoping a bit for a Grand Coalition to head off the freaks, though I wouldn't mind a minority government either way.

I'm hoping a bit for a Grand Coalition to head off the freaks, though I wouldn't mind a minority government either way.

Apparently, according to Deutschland 1's news update, the Nazis have just exceeded Zentrum in terms of total votes... not that that means anything, since they, barring something idiotic on the part of Frau Schoeneberg or Frau Merkel, won't be in any coalition to speak of...

Anyone been to Oktoberfest yet? Specifically the Bavarian one? The politicization is huge! The Bayernbataillon/Bierbataillon were everywhere! There were posters and campaigns all over, almost made me want to vote for the BVP. Oh and the beer was good too would have been better if i got the discount BVP supporters got. Im amazed that even with Oktoberfest they arnt winning.

Anyone been to Oktoberfest yet? Specifically the Bavarian one? The politicization is huge! The Bayernbataillon/Bierbataillon were everywhere! There were posters and campaigns all over, almost made me want to vote for the BVP. Oh and the beer was good too would have been better if i got the discount BVP supporters got. Im amazed that even with Oktoberfest they arnt winning.

Actually, the discount is for Munich residents, but since the stereotypical Bavarian votes BVP anyway, it practically means the same thing... and election day's the only day you can get beer for free - no taxes, no cover charge, no nothing - just prove you voted (you don't even have to say who).

And the reason why the BVP isn't winning? Two reasons - Munich and Nuremberg.

There wasn't an openly honest 'Silly Party' like there is in the British Empire, so as a fallback I voted for List 15 -- all their platform positions are utterly ludicrous, and downright silly! :p

Next election cycle, I'll be voting for one of the sensible parties -- for lots more of us Deutsche volk will come to see the NSDAP crowd for what they are... silly.

There wasn't an openly honest 'Silly Party' like there is in the British Empire, so as a fallback I voted for List 15 -- all their platform positions are utterly ludicrous, and downright silly! :p

Next election cycle, I'll be voting for one of the sensible parties -- for lots more of us Deutsche volk will come to see them for what they are.

Now imagine those crazies in a coalition government - they're actually effing considering it, if you're watching Deutschland 1 at the moment - we may yet have the chilling prospect of a Nazi in a ministerial post... *shivers*... I blame the Saxons and the East Prussians for this.

Now imagine those crazies in a coalition government - they're actually effing considering it, if you're watching Deutschland 1 at the moment - we may yet have the chilling prospect of a Nazi in a ministerial post... *shivers*... I blame the Saxons and the East Prussians for this.

It ain't them, its the Poseners! East Prussians go for plain fascistry, but the Poseners...

And the BVP is probably joining the coalition, since the left-wingers are talking about nationalizing beer!:eek:

OOC: I love RPing as a Bavarian.:D

Oh, posh. Most Deutsches volk, including some of us who voted for the NSDAP, know that problems can never be solved by scapegoating certain religious, political, racial and sexual minorities. And the reason why some of us voted for them, is to give them enough rope with which to hang themselves and enough publicity by which to make complete fools of themselves... but just enough!:D:cool:

Unlike in 1932, when far more of us Deutsch were gullible and taken in by their nonsense:eek:, the NSDAP are no longer dangerous but people have forgotten they are absolutely silly!:D:p

The SDP have promised that if the Nazis get into a Coalition Government and the SDP is the lead party of the Coalition, the SDP will see to it that the only ministry they will get will be a newly created Ministry of Silly Walks!

It ain't them, its the Poseners! East Prussians go for plain fascistry, but the Poseners...

And the BVP is probably joining the coalition, since the left-wingers are talking about nationalizing beer!:eek:

OOC: I love RPing as a Bavarian.:D
Yeah - the only reason the BVP hasn't merged with Zentrum is because Zentrum thinks we shouldn't be "panhandling". Yeah, like we only contribute like, what, 20% of GDP - in just one state, too!