DBWI: Disney Buys Star Wars

We all know that George Lucas would never want to sell the Star Wars franchise to anyone. But lets just say that what would happen if he were to sell it to Disney? Would this be considered ASB or would it be possible?

Oh and for extra: What would happen if Disney made Star Wars: VII, VIII, IX? And they were all directed by J.J Abrams who directed Star Trek?

OOC: You know, these kind of obvious DBWI`s where an OTL event is duscussed from an ATL perspective can get a bit tiring. Everyone will just scream "ASB" and that will be it.

OOC: You know, these kind of obvious DBWI`s where an OTL event is duscussed from an ATL perspective can get a bit tiring. Everyone will just scream "ASB" and that will be it.

OOC: That was the original meaning of DBWI - it has changed, no doubt, but things such as this are DBWIs at their most concrete of definitions.

We all know that George Lucas would never want to sell the Star Wars franchise to anyone. But lets just say that what would happen if he were to sell it to Disney? Would this be considered ASB or would it be possible?

Oh and for extra: What would happen if Disney made Star Wars: VII, VIII, IX? And they were all directed by J.J Abrams who directed Star Trek?

Well, I dunno exactly. But given the positive reception to Abrams's Star Trek reboot, the new Episodes might just have a chance.

They'd no doubt be a hell of a lot better than the OTL Episodes VII, VIII and IX. If Lucas didn't wreck Star Wars with the prequels or Clone Wars, the Sequel trilogy killed it. I mean, if we hated Jake Lloyd as kid Anakin, why the hell would old Fatbeard think bringing him back to play Luke was a good idea? Especially since he hadn't acted a day in the ten years since he played Anakin... and don't get me started on Taylor Lautner playing Han Solo! If it hadn't ruined the Star Wars franchise, I'd be thrilled that the movies left Lucas broken artistically and financially...

Honestly, giving Star Wars to anyone but him would be a dramatic improvement. Especially Disney - just look what they did for Marvel Comics and those movies. The folks that gave us Avengers 2 working on Star Wars? I'd pay to see it.

Simple it becomes an even bigger CGI fest than 2009's Star Trek was with teenage action heroes stealing the limelight and the original cast just sitting around and looking old with little or nothing to do. It will be more about lightsaber battles and fights in space than George Lucas ever made it.

Simple it becomes an even bigger CGI fest than 2009's Star Trek was with teenage action heroes stealing the limelight and the original cast just sitting around and looking old with little or nothing to do. It will be more about lightsaber battles and fights in space than George Lucas ever made it.

Still better than the unholy mess with Liucas trying to make the series a deep and dark political thriller. I'll take lightsaber battles and space fights over Taylor Lautner and Jake Llyod negotiating with rascist stereotypes over trade rights and constitutional theory...

Well then Star Wars Detours may not have become the new tentpole of animated comedy programming.

Believe me when I say Disney would take firm control of the franchise and fuck all of Lucas' plans out - cancel marketing deals with traditional Lucasfilm partners and probably moving the TV series to Disney XD, for example.

For Kingdom Heart 4(The marvel superheroes in the Avenger world make for the stupid plot of 3)

A game that would have Marvel comics, Star Wars, and Final Fantasy in one game?

Think Disney could buy Lucasfilm on the cheap now that Lucas ran it into the ground?

A game that would have Marvel comics, Star Wars, and Final Fantasy in one game?

Think Disney could buy Lucasfilm on the cheap now that Lucas ran it into the ground?

The whole Idea worth the chance, that would be amazing

Possible, since the sequel trilogy, the only thing who give money to Lucasfilm are the merchandise of the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy(who thanks to the sequel one, have been rehabilited among fans) but again... Star Wars would worth all? that would demand a reboot for work and the fans will not buy it....

They'd no doubt be a hell of a lot better than the OTL Episodes VII, VIII and IX. If Lucas didn't wreck Star Wars with the prequels or Clone Wars, the Sequel trilogy killed it. I mean, if we hated Jake Lloyd as kid Anakin, why the hell would old Fatbeard think bringing him back to play Luke was a good idea? Especially since he hadn't acted a day in the ten years since he played Anakin... and don't get me started on Taylor Lautner playing Han Solo! If it hadn't ruined the Star Wars franchise, I'd be thrilled that the movies left Lucas broken artistically and financially...

It became ugly when Hamill and Ford went on Twitter and youtube telling fans to stay away from the sequels because they werent in that. Movies llike Star wars used to have 500 000 - 1000 000 moviegoers in Sweden, they didnt reach 100 000 for the three combined. And the times when the movies were shown on TV(not anymore on any cable channel in Sweden, believe they can be found on Netflix) there werent many people watching.