DBAHC/WI: At least one other Abrahamic Faith permits swine-eating

Prior to the abrahamic faiths' dominance in the western world, wild boars were tamed and domesticated, being bred for food and their skins. However, abrahamic faiths like Judaism, Christianity, Islam did not allow the consumption of such because they're unclean and don't chew cud. Now before you jump on Northern European religions like Lutheranism or the Chinese Nestorianism, may I point out these are considered fairly removed from the Abrahamics for a bevy of other reasons, and only arouse because of climate conditions versus other livestocl. Your goal is to imagine how the abrahamic faiths might permit such and how its effects may be.

I think that your best shoot is during Council of Jerusalem where was decided what is part of Christianity. Let them decide to allow eating of swine. This probably would require that anyonen non-Jew can convert to Christianity. This would help spread of the faith on Roman Empire.

OOC: I think that this would require such POD that Islam and Luthernaims would butterfly away. At least such what these are in OTL. Perhaps you could replace Luthernaism by German-Scandinavian Polytheisim when they hardly would convert to religion which not allow eating of pork and ham.

OOC: I think that this would require such POD that Islam and Luthernaims would butterfly away. At least such what these are in OTL. Perhaps you could replace Luthernaism by German-Scandinavian Polytheisim when they hardly would convert to religion which not allow eating of pork and ham.

I know, but let's say they are in name only and look very different from OTL

(out of roleplay: this wouldn't work without changing the words of Jesus because Jesus said in Mark that all foods are clean)

Maybe if Islam is stronger and pushes Christianity entirely out of the Mediterranean in the early days the leaders will need to make practical reinterpretations to survive as a religion.

Last edited:
(out of roleplay: this wouldn't work without changing the words of Jesus because Jesus sail in Mark that all foods are clean)
(In and out of roleplay) The famous Mark 7:19 parentheses only shows up in some manuscripts. Quite possibly due to the influence of Marcionism. It's hard to see a way forward for Marcion and any gnostic sects. Even then, Marcion was so extreme you be hard pressed to see his vision of Christianity as Abrahamic.

Last edited: