DB:Hail Angloponia!

(Chat Section thread: Election time in Angloponia )

Election coming up; who do you think will win? And How do you think it will effect the international situation?

1Hail.GIF

It looks to me that the Republicans might have a chance this election- I wonder what Queen Elizabeth will think of that.

I predict the FLQ will blow up more ballot boxes, but, as usual, they will fail to affect the vote.
The Parti Quebecois will disavow them again and will get ~40% of the Quebec vote.

Imajin said:
It looks to me like the Orinoco will go for the Bloque Hispánico, though...
Please, they hold more in Henri (Columbia), Orinico seems to go more with the Progressives.

The liberal progressives should retain the seat of power, its been a good 5 years really.
Most of the big political scandals that happened mainly came from the opposition parties (remember that incident with the heads of the green party being photoed driving around in jeeps? :D )
The tories...Meh, we still don't entirely trust them after the way they put down those Spaniard uprisings in South America.
Republicans...Their time passed a century ago. These days we like the monarchy as something that sets us apart from the continental riff-raff.

I still can't get over the fact that India won the Ashes, despite that magnificent 200 run partnership between Trescothick and Langer in the last test.

The Unionists....

Will definately pick up the largest vote overall, but the regional parties are very strong in some places:- I would hesitate to preempt the result, but a Unionist led Federal Government looks most likely.

regards
Phil

@Leej: Funny you still say that since your empire now is mostly on continents (mutter: But try using logic on anything an Anglop(h)one likes...)

philjd said:
Will definately pick up the largest vote overall, but the regional parties are very strong in some places:- I would hesitate to preempt the result, but a Unionist led Federal Government looks most likely.

regards
Phil
Nah, they only do well when the regional parties are getting particularly nationalistic and nutty. Right now its only the Scots and Quebecois who are the slightest bit uppety. Maybe the Danes too, they still haven't gotten over the dubious way they were brought into the empire.

@Leej: Funny you still say that since your empire now is mostly on continents (mutter: But try using logic on anything an Anglop(h)one likes...)
There is a difference between continents and THE continent man.

hmm, maybe

But Unionists in Alliance with the Free Peoples Coalition down in Southern Africa should be able to corner the votes of the UK and Australasia as well as fight off the Afrikaan Nation Party... They are even rumoured to have struck a deal with the Tories in the America's, that ought to bring in enough seats to form a coalition government...

regards
Phil

My guess

Ireland will go for the Liberal Progressives for their delagates--ever since we became the only part of the empire to have full home rule, we haven't wanted to rock the boat. And yes, the domestic election will certainly vote to reinforce the Irish Brigade's forces in Europe. Ireland will continue to provide its support for freedom, defending British territory.
So far, I'd guess that the internal elections will also be status quo...a few minor changes at most.