CW's European History Atlas

Communist Wizard's Atlas of European History
I recently made a base map of Europe with borders only one pixel thick borders, and the same for rivers. And coastlines. It was in Mercator projection, but it's also a small continent so the only distortion is in the north, which is of little importance outside of Russia's Artic ports.
The uses of such a one pixel map are many. It is designed for easy redrawing, and it is easier to draw one pixel borders with the pencil tool than thicker borders with the brush tool. Also, thick borders routinely look ugly and when a border is complicated can turn the borders into a horrendous blotch. Besides that, it is often hard to gauge what thickness are the borders of the original map.
Also, to me, it is often harder to draw borders on a non-Mercator map.
Thus, I am often dissastisfied with the European base map used by others. And so I made this base map by cutting down it's thick national borders into the mangeable one pixel borders you see now.
As a more unfortunate result, the borders of modern states are usually slightly more linear than the borders I make, though not always.
Also, unlike some other maps these maps will be easy to color in with the paintbucket tool.
In any case, I will be posting a succession of maps, typically with a small explanation.
Maps will typically have red borders with blue or ice blue being internal borders. A map may or not have colors. Most of the time, the map will use the recognisable UCS. However, sometimes I will switch around. And of course, specialty maps (war, textbook style, religions, etc.) may be done. It is fun for me to make maps.
I hope to provide a resource to students, teachers, alternate historical map makers, and others.
Maps will be coming shortly.
FILES: I will typically do things like this.
Europe2pixel[COLOR OF BORDERS][TIME][SPECIALTY STATUS - if applicable]

The map that started everything, and that I have to dig up from the depths of my computer, is this.
Europe2pixel.PNG
Europ2pixel is the first map, modern borders.

Europe2pixel.PNG

Next is more of a specialty map. It is basically the first Cold War one, but with color! And a key, too.
And yes, all of those were founding members. All NATO members are before the Warsaw Pact started collapsing.
Europe2pixelRedCold War Color.PNG

Europe2pixelRedCold War Color.PNG

In the next map, we skip over 20 years of change into 1930. Sorry folks, I'll do WW2 later.
Oh, and a big thanks to BLOMMA who actually made the map. I edited it a bit but otherwise it is his.
Europe2pixelRed1930.PNG

Europe2pixelRed1930.PNG

Then we go backwards in time to 1914! I might do a WW1 front map, and I might also cover possible 1920s changes such as the RCW. But for now, enjoy this. No doubt you will hijack it into your CP victory madness.
Europe2pixelRed1914.PNG
Blue is important internal borders. Congress Poland, Austria, Hungary, Bosnia & Herzegovina... (Dalmatia is part of Austria).

Europe2pixelRed1914.PNG

Now my frieds, here is 1891. Eastern Rumelia is under Austrian occupation, as is Bulgaria. So is that thing north of Montenegro. So is Bosnia. Yeah. The Balkans are a weird place. And if it wasn't for them I would n't have to do these maps...
Europe2pixelRed1891.PNG

Europe2pixelRed1891.PNG

And next up is 1878. Yet again the Balkan Cartographer's Fetish strikes. They change borders all the time... Anyways, here it is. Egypt's and Libya's status is hazy.
Europe2pixelRed1878.PNG

Europe2pixelRed1878.PNG

@CW,
Congress Poland shouldn't be shown on the maps after 1831, when it was subsumed completely into the Russian Empire, in fact the Polish provinces were converted into guberniias, to bring them in line with the admin structure of the rest of the empire.

Erm, don't you mean Eastern Rumelia is under Ottoman occupation, as is Bulgaria?
Hmm? My sources say Austria-Hungary was occupying them. However, eh. I'll check the actual historical situation later.
@CW,
Congress Poland shouldn't be shown on the maps after 1831, when it was subsumed completely into the Russian Empire, in fact the Polish provinces were converted into guberniias, to bring them in line with the admin structure of the rest of the empire.
Yes, but I made the maps for ease of Alternate Historical map-making. Congress Poland is a fairly popular choice as an independent buffer state or German puppet or what not.
While it is important to be accurate one must not forget the cartographers. ;) The reason for thiese maps is easy editing with the pencil tool, unlike the other bigger European map. :)