Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

cxqFtrz.png

Do you need to be from Eastern Rome or the HRE to re-establish the Roman Empire? Are there territorial requirements? Could, say, an extremely lucky Irishman or Russian do it?

Krall

Banned
Do you need to be from Eastern Rome or the HRE to re-establish the Roman Empire? Are there territorial requirements? Could, say, an extremely lucky Irishman or Russian do it?

Without mods I believe only the person who holds the Byzantine Empire title can do it, I'm afraid.

Dirk_Pitt

Banned
I looked it up; it turns out that you need the "Born in the Purple" trait, so basically, the son of an Irish noble and a Byzantine Imperial princess would make one eligible.

No worries. Just inherit the Byzantine Empire, have a son that will be born in the Purple(and he will be, he will be...) and wait for him to inherit everything.

Irishman who's Born in the Purple.

Krall

Banned
I looked it up; it turns out that you need the "Born in the Purple" trait, so basically, the son of an Irish noble and a Byzantine Imperial princess would make one eligible.

I looked it up, and you don't need that trait. Here's the code for the decision:
potential = {
has_dlc = "Legacy of Rome"
age = 16
prisoner = no
NOT = { trait = incapable }
NOT = { has_global_flag = rome_restored }
has_landed_title = e_byzantium
religion_group = christian
}

allow = {
prestige = 3000
completely_controls = d_latium
completely_controls = d_venice
completely_controls = d_ferrara
completely_controls = d_sicily
completely_controls = d_genoa
completely_controls = d_capua
completely_controls = d_apulia
completely_controls = d_thrace
completely_controls = d_antioch
completely_controls = d_jerusalem
completely_controls = d_alexandria
completely_controls = d_athens
completely_controls = d_tunis
completely_controls = d_croatia
}

The "potential" criteria determine if the decision shows up at all, and the "allow" criteria determine if the decision can actually be taken. So you need to be the Byzantine Emperor, an adult, not a prisoner, not incapable, a Christian (of any sort), have 3000 prestige, control a bunch of different duchies, and the Roman Empire needs to have not already been restored.

One more question. I royally (heh) screwed up with this, but it's a long story. Short version: I tried to kill my brother and he fled into hiding. Then I died, and because the previous king was weak and stupid, another vassal had forced seniority succession. My question is, how do I come out of hiding?

One more question. I royally (heh) screwed up with this, but it's a long story. Short version: I tried to kill my brother and he fled into hiding. Then I died, and because the previous king was weak and stupid, another vassal had forced seniority succession. My question is, how do I come out of hiding?

It should be in the intrigue section.

Bonnie Prince Charlie

How does the 'in hiding' thing actually work? From the tooltip, I took it to mean that the percent chance of a murder plot succeeding would be decreased, but while playing around with it, it seemed more like it increased the amount of time it took for a plot to fire. Am I on the right track here?

How does the 'in hiding' thing actually work? From the tooltip, I took it to mean that the percent chance of a murder plot succeeding would be decreased, but while playing around with it, it seemed more like it increased the amount of time it took for a plot to fire. Am I on the right track here?

It might be both, you would be harder to find after all and likely would have tighter security if you are trying to hide from something.