Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

yes. all main regions can have their kingdom forged. you need to hold 3 de jure kingdom titles in the Skyrim region with continious borders, then you'll have the decision to form the High Kingdom of Skyrim. its still a kingdom title, but will give you a CB on all territories inside Skyrim. the land you hold when you form it will become de jure part of Skyrim and the other kingdom titles will become titular (when you form Skyrim you lose the other titles), and once you completely conquer another kingdom it also becomes de jure Skyrim.

once you hold 3 such High Kingdoms you can form an empire, like the Nordic Empire in this case if you hold say, High Rock and Hammerfell, and have Skyrim as your main title.

to form the Empire of Tamriel you will also need to either be Dragonborn, have a Divine Bloodline, have a claim on the empire title, or find the amulet of kings (sent your steward to look for it in Sancre Tor).

Thanks for the Info, though I'm not really interested in the Empire of Tamriel. I will have enough trouble with only the Nords:p

Last edited:

Yonatan

Banned
Thanks for the Info, though I'm not really interested in the Empire of Tamriel. I will have enough trouble with only the Nords:p

its fun for the endgame, after Talos shows up. you can give him a county or a douchy and have him conquer the empire. once you have the empire of Tamriel, you get a CB on entire kingdoms, so you can conquer say Morrowind or Alinor in 1 war.

as for Skyrim, there's also a rather steep cost in gold and prestige IIRC, plus you need to have ruled for at least 5 years.

Krall

Banned
Quick question regarding Factions.

In my playthrough, if I have factions in my realm, I usually wait until they are disbanded before going to war. To me, this was a great way of avoiding Civil Wars because I don't have to worry about potential treason at home.

That said, I am currently doing an Elder Kings playthrough. I had started as the Queen of Daggerfall and I have formed High Rock. Because it is set in the Elder Scrolls Universe and that I quite liked the Empire's tolerant views regarding Religion and Culture, I myself am trying to play a tolerant ruler. Thus, I have three Orsimer Dukes among my vassals: Kambria (the Breton name for Orsinium), Wrothgarian and Betony (Betnikh). Thing is, because they are Orsimers and worship Malacath, it's hard to keep them happy enough under my rule: as a result, they have been forming factions ever since my current character great grandfather's reign. As a result, I haven't expanded outside of High Rock because of such.

So my question is: is it safe for me to go to war with a faction at home? If so, how far can I let a faction grow before it becomes risky?

It's safe to go to war if their faction is rather weak. How strong their faction is is determined by the number of soldiers they can raise versus the number you can raise - this takes into account losses in battle that haven't recovered yet, so going into war and only using your own troops can make them relatively more powerful, and thus more likely to revolt. Going to war and using their troops works the same way; their faction's power will go down as their levies take losses. Note that when counting your forces the game doesn't take into account the forces of vassals that stay loyal to you, meaning that you'll be stronger than the faction expects you to be, unless all of your vassals revolt.

Factions will only send you an ultimatum once their forces amount to at least 80% of yours. When a faction gets close to this number, the game will inform you about Dangerous Factions in the same way it informs you about being able to choose an ambition or that your ruler is unmarried - with a little icon at the top of the screen. When you see that, start worrying. Before then, they're probably not strong enough to hurt you, so provided you don't get your own army destroyed you should be fine.

It's common for large realms to have numerous, weak factions most of the time. In my Norse game there are almost always ten or more factions, but they rarely get higher than 10% of my strength due to my huge retinues.

Dirk

Banned
And the greatest mindfuck of the week: the King of Egypt just converted from Sunni to Miaphysite, along with most of his vassals. This will be interesting. Especially now that I have to find a way to conquer Alexandria that isn't a lengthy pain in the ass.

And the greatest mindfuck of the week: the King of Egypt just converted from Sunni to Miaphysite, along with most of his vassals. This will be interesting. Especially now that I have to find a way to conquer Alexandria that isn't a lengthy pain in the ass.

He might get buried under a jihad, if they're active yet.

Dirk

Banned
They will be:

At least as long as there's a caliph out there somewhere, anyways.

Phew, well then that's good news, if he ends up being the target and it's not me again. Or maybe if he survives I can get him inherited into my realm...and educate an heir as Orthodox. It may just be crazy enough to potato. And yes Jihads are very active, I just spent five (in-game, lol) years fighting one. Also Basil died in the conquest of the Emirate of Mesopotamia :( Long live Leo the Wise, who's doing very well so far. I'd forgotten how fun it is to fight in southern Italy, as I didn't do that from the get-go.

So, please gimme some advice, should I go for the county of Rome last? It seems from that Crusades page that I could have a Crusade called against me if I (a heretic in Catholic eyes) hold it, and I should decrease the amount of time that could occur in as much as possible.

Dirk

Banned
Damn, but then Sunni moral authority will go up by ten percent for ten years. Or is it twenty? I don't want that.

Dirk

Banned
Get a marriage alliance, and you could help him in the war.

I think I can just Offer to Join War, right? I think that works all the time except for when a vassal is rebelling against a liege, I think. In any case, I'm sure he can hold his own. He filched the southernmost county of Gaza (I forgot the name) in some war in like three months, no sweat. I don't even think they were fighting anybody at the time. He's the second-mightiest ruler in the world.

I think I can just Offer to Join War, right? I think that works all the time except for when a vassal is rebelling against a liege, I think. In any case, I'm sure he can hold his own. He filched the southernmost county of Gaza (I forgot the name) in some war in like three months, no sweat. I don't even think they were fighting anybody at the time. He's the second-mightiest ruler in the world.

It sounds like your game's Mediterranean and Middle East is reverting to the pre-Islam setup with a religiously alienated Egypt and recovering/expanding Byzantines.

So, please gimme some advice, should I go for the county of Rome last? It seems from that Crusades page that I could have a Crusade called against me if I (a heretic in Catholic eyes) hold it, and I should decrease the amount of time that could occur in as much as possible.

Orthodox rulers are not considered heretics for the purpose of activating Catholic crusades (nor are Miaphysites or Nestorians, for that matter). Only heretics of Catholicism count, not independent branches of Christianity.

Dirk

Banned
Orthodox rulers are not considered heretics for the purpose of activating Catholic crusades (nor are Miaphysites or Nestorians, for that matter). Only heretics of Catholicism count, not independent branches of Christianity.

Ah, excellent. No danger there, then.

It sounds like your game's Mediterranean and Middle East is reverting to the pre-Islam setup with a religiously alienated Egypt and recovering/expanding Byzantines.

I sure hope so. I'll unalienate them pretty quickly with about twenty thousand dudes killing them until they align with the orthodox. Also I vassalized the Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre. Along with the Varangian Guard and levies I now have a realistic ~18,000 men I can raise, with ~25,000 theoretical if I stay at peace enough to let all levies refill (unlikely).

Dirk

Banned
Caliph calls an Invasion of Jerusalem? He's gonna have a bad time. My three thousand retinue troops are on those sixty ships, and the levies of the East, the Varangians, and the Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre have been raised.

CwXSVMM.jpg

An unreally bad time.

Don't you guys know that suicide means you go to hell, even in Islam? Three thousand attacking ten thousand...that's dedication.

olndg2o.jpg

Only five battles and a barony and they've had enough? Where's the invasion?

cif16VA.jpg

Now this is the Byzantine Empire and environs. Note Byzantine Venice. I was surprised to learn that the Doge of Amalfi was Greek Orthodox, and so instead of fighting him war for war I just offered vassalization and he accepted.

lIXDDUF.jpg

Dirk_Pitt

Banned
Decided to start a new game as the Brenin Arthur of Iwerddon(Ireland) of the house of Pendragon in the 867 start with the HIP mod.

So far I'm playing as Arthur's son Cynfelyn. By this point I've conquered modern day Ulster and am setting my sights on Mide next. Nothing much has changed in the rest of the world. The Norse are on the rise in Britain(good for me).

My plan is to reconquer Britain and form the Prydain Empire. Then convert to a heresy and make it into a Northern Orthodoxy and bring it and the celts back to the Continent.

I might just convert(manually) to MEIOU&Taxes at the end.

So should I try this game? I have the original one and find it to be kind of difficult so I was wondering if I should play the sequel to this game?

libbrit

Banned
The heart of Valyrian culture in mainland Europe, Cordoba, was besieged by a muslim crusader army. Suffice it to say, the Caliph was incinerated when i managed to get a dragon into the field.

They wont be coming back i think.

So should I try this game? I have the original one and find it to be kind of difficult so I was wondering if I should play the sequel to this game?

The heart of Valyrian culture in mainland Europe, Cordoba, was besieged by a muslim crusader army. Suffice it to say, the Caliph was incinerated when i managed to get a dragon into the field.

They wont be coming back i think.

That should answer your question.

libbrit

Banned

Yes. Its very easy to play if you already played the first one, but there are so many `little things` that have been added or tweaked that make this an infinately better game.

Also the sheer scale of mods and DLC make this an ever changing game, its really hard to get bored of it.