Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Moe Satyr said:
CK2: the best deranged monarch simulator ever.
Depends actually on how you play. Playing a honorable monarch is possible. A lot harder but possible.

That said, the best way to win this game is basically play the Game of Thrones and win because otherwise you're dead.

What does the bloodlines mod changes from the main mod?

It adds bloodlines, as you guessed - traits added to people who have at least 1 parent from a major dynasty. The traits give opinion bonuses for vassals and people with same trait (same dynasty).

Krall

Banned
In my recent Hellenic game, I've found that I can't mission at all with reformed pagan missionaries, unfortunately and oddly.

Well, that's annoying - I was hoping to convert Poland and Mali to Norse. Oh well, the Norse religion's spreading well enough from adventurers taking over other countries anyway. Apparently the Magyars were disatisfied with Tengri, Catholicism, and Orthodox Christianity because most of the Carpathian basin's been converted to Norse by its new overlords already! :D

Playing as Norway, and I just sacrificed the Pope to Odin!

Awesome! I want to do that at some point, but I can never get him as a prisoner when I raid Rome.

So apparently my character the Queen of Jerusalem is a lesbian.

Which I'm fine with. Except for the fact that I was informed of this news by her raping a peasant girl (they dont call her the Impaler for nothing) which has provoked the Muslim world into declaring Jihad, while our Muslim subjects have revolted in outrage, and news of her misdeeds have spread across Europe to France, who now refuse to send aid to Outremer.

This game amazes me sometime.

I would say that sounds like something that could happen in A Song of Ice and Fire, but there's the bit where everyone's not weirdly okay with her immorality and actually tries to undo it. :p

AGOT Bloodlines is a submod, but Inbreeding is standalone :)

Odd that it doesn't alter the trait numbers then, unless it was designed specifically with multi-mod compatibility in mind, which is always good.

Are you certain sure that everyone has the traits they're supposed to have?

Which I'm fine with. Except for the fact that I was informed of this news by her raping a peasant girl (they dont call her the Impaler for nothing) which has provoked the Muslim world into declaring Jihad, while our Muslim subjects have revolted in outrage, and news of her misdeeds have spread across Europe to France, who now refuse to send aid to Outremer.

Update! Apparently not completely lesbian after all, since she just gave birth to a secret bastard with the Grandmaster of the Knight's Templar. :eek:

Short update on my Shattered World playthrough: King Jaufré I "the Great" of France and Britanny died at the age of 65. Overall, that makes him my second longest-living character after his grandfather Emmanuel the Great. With a dynastic score of over 10,000, he is also my second-best character so far (once again behind his grandfather). Who would have thought when you consider I nearly had a ragequit when I started playing as him?

Anyway, on to his successor: his grandson King Jaufré II. And I must say... It's the first time none of my vassals has a negative opinion of my King at all. Jaufré might not have had the best education outcome (Indulgent Wastrel, the basic Stewardship-based ed.), he makes up for that with a very gentle personnality. He is Gregarious and Just and he also has three of the seven virtues (Diligent, Kind and Humble). He used also to be Charitable be he has recently lost that trait. Anyway, the end result is that I don't have to worry about plots and factions right now because he is way too popular (despite the fact there were 5 factions that appeared when he was crowned). As a bonus: when his grandfather died, I was in the middle of a war to conquer Limousin for the Duke of Bourbon, my vassal (and also a bastard son of Jaufré I). The Duke of Bourbon and Jauffré II grew up as rivals... But since Jaufré II finished the conquest of Limousin, even the Duke of Bourbon loves him!

I keep expanding South to form the Empire of France. I think all that's left for me to conquer is France South of the Garonne, Auvergne and Provence as well as a few counties in the Alps. I also have made the Count of Lusignan, one of my vassals, the Duke of Poitou. There was also a plot in Tuscany that aimed to make me the new Duke (Jaufré II's mother was the Aunt of the current duke) but it failed miserably (without much surprise on my part given the fact that it was one count trying to overthrow a Duke who had the support of his wife, the Queen of Serbia).

In terms of succession, it seems Princess Sophie, Jaufré II's daughter, won't be the next Queen of France and Britanny. After his accession to the throne, Jaufré II had an event where he and his wife became lovers. A few months later, she was pregnant. The end result was a baby boy christened Thibault, after Jaufré II's late father, who is currently tutored by the Steward of France (Jaufré II has a too poor Stewardship ed for me to handle Thibault's personnal education). Well, at least Sophie isn't out of the succession: she is married and she has one daughter (Adalmode) so far.
Kome said:
Update! Apparently not completely lesbian after all, since she just gave birth to a secret bastard with the Grandmaster of the Knight's Templar. :eek:
If that child had been born in wedlock, I would have pointed out that she still needed an heir for the succession so she had the "close your eyes and think of the Kindgom" mind. That's what most homosexual rulers did in the past. That said, it's technically the result of an affair... So, I guess that definitely makes her bi, unless the bastard is intended to be legitimised.

Odd that it doesn't alter the trait numbers then, unless it was designed specifically with multi-mod compatibility in mind, which is always good.

Are you certain sure that everyone has the traits they're supposed to have?

If starting a new game, yes. That's what makes it so great!

If that child had been born in wedlock, I would have pointed out that she still needed an heir for the succession so she had the "close your eyes and think of the Kindgom" mind. That's what most homosexual rulers did in the past. That said, it's technically the result of an affair... So, I guess that definitely makes her bi, unless the bastard is intended to be legitimised.
It has the potential for an interesting succession dispute. Especially with the tendency of proper heirs in the Kingdom of Jerusalem to live short warfilled lives.

Should hope the Fellow-Soldiers of Christ don't get any grandiose ideas. ;)

*Game of Thrones intensifies*

But... what did she impale with? ;)

Another short update on my Shattered World playthrough.

Thanks to Jaufré II's, I'm officially in possession of my third Kingdom: Burgundy. I'm also only a few counties away from being able to proclaim the Empire of France. In fact, I probably can achieve it thanks to all the CBs my new Kindgom brings me. In terms of succession, Prince Thibault (Jaufré II's so,) has come of age and I have married him. He already had its first child: a son also named Thibaut. Prince Thibault's sister, Princess Sophie, had had no other children beside her soon-to-come-of-age daughter Adalmode.

In other news, while I was busy conquering Savoy, the young Sultan of Andalusia declared war on me. Once again, Christendom rushed to my defense as I got a lot of proposals to help me against the Sultan. By the way, that war was kind of death of blow for the Zirid Dynasty in Andalusia: in the middle of me kicking their ass, they got a Rebellion because of Decadence. And soon after, there was a Civil War between two contestants. The end result is that a new dynasty rules Andalusia (the Tariqids) with the remaining Zirids holding two independant Duchies.

On a side note, I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't go back to Medium Crown Authority in all my Kingdoms. I did so because I thought it would prevent any loss of territory on my part via unlucky successions... However, I had to wage a war because the County of Troyes was inherited by the Petty King of Galloway at one point. So, aside from the facts I get more troops, I'm not so sure of the benefits, especially since I get a penalty of opinion.
Ultimate Paragon said:
I just restored the Roman Empire!
Congrats!

Now go conquer the world :p

On a side note, I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't go back to Medium Crown Authority in all my Kingdoms. I did so because I thought it would prevent any loss of territory on my part via unlucky successions... However, I had to wage a war because the County of Troyes was inherited by the Petty King of Galloway at one point. So, aside from the facts I get more troops, I'm not so sure of the benefits, especially since I get a penalty of opinion.

Kingdom crown laws only apply to their specific kingdoms. So High Crown Authority in France won't apply to de-jure land in Burgundy. You need all your kingdoms to have High Crown Authority, or have high crown authority in your de-jure Empire.

ZimuYang said:
Kingdom crown laws only apply to their specific kingdoms. So High Crown Authority in France won't apply to de-jure land in Burgundy. You need all your kingdoms to have High Crown Authority, or have high crown authority in your de-jure Empire.
I know that: I have High Crown Authority in each and every of my Kingdoms. In fact, when I created Burgundy, it came de facto with High Crown Authority because I was already at High Crown Authority in France and Britanny.

Though I wonder something... Do Empire and Kingdom crown authority stack? I.E.: Do Vassals receive penalties for Crown Authority in the Empire only or do the de-jure Kingdoms of said Empire have an impact?

By means of war, diplomacy and several inheritances, I've become the Emperor of both Hispania and... the Eastern Roman Empire! :D