Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

One of the holiest families I have managed. My current character is the Sayoshant, receives military advice from Jesus, and has been known to converse with the devil, I like to believe she challenges the lord of darkness in theological debate.
The amount of holiness obtained my marriage speaks for itself,

Edit: man it sucks that you can’t be your own grandpa.

ck2_7.png

One of the holiest families I have managed. My current character is the Sayoshant, receives military advice from Jesus, and has been known to converse with the devil, I like to believe she challenges the lord of darkness in theological debate.

Wat

Mr. pollos said:
A Father-Daughter marriage followed by a Mother-Son marriage. And considering that the heir is married to a blood relative, it's probably a Brother-Sister marriage.

Holy Shit... So much Incest...
Mr. pollos said:
You would techically need a time paradox for that.

I've got $15 on my Steam wallet. Which DLCs should I get with that, or should I wait for a possible sale?

The major ones (Legacy of Rome, Old Gods, the Republic, Sunset Invasion, Sons of Abraham. etc) are all really good, but if you are going to get some now, I'd say hold off on Sunset Invasion. Its fun (especially AH-y) but it adds the least to the game.

The major ones (Legacy of Rome, Old Gods, the Republic, Sunset Invasion, Sons of Abraham. etc) are all really good, but if you are going to get some now, I'd say hold off on Sunset Invasion. Its fun (especially AH-y) but it adds the least to the game.
I figured that. Which of the major ones should I get with my funds?

Old Gods is definitely your best bet, followed by Sword of Islam and then The Republic. IMO, those three ones are really the only ones worth it, unless you really want to play as a Jewish Character. In which case, get the Sons of Abraham and wait on Rajas of India.

Krall

Banned

Depends on who you want to play as, really. Old Gods lets you play as Pagans, the Republic lets you play as Merchant Republic Patricians, and Sword of Islam lets you play as Muslims. Beyond that, Legacy of Rome adds stuff specifically for the Byzantine Empire, and Sons of Abraham adds a lot for Christians (and some stuff for Muslims, as well as including Judaism). I think Rajas of India is the biggest expansion so far, since it expands the map, but I'm not sure it's worth its current price, considering you get the expanded map in a patch whether you bought it or not.

So, yeah. Which you should get depends on which you want to play as. :)

Old Gods is definitely your best bet, followed by Sword of Islam and then The Republic. IMO, those three ones are really the only ones worth it, unless you really want to play as a Jewish Character. In which case, get the Sons of Abraham and wait on Rajas of India.

Depends on who you want to play as, really. Old Gods lets you play as Pagans, the Republic lets you play as Merchant Republic Patricians, and Sword of Islam lets you play as Muslims. Beyond that, Legacy of Rome adds stuff specifically for the Byzantine Empire, and Sons of Abraham adds a lot for Christians (and some stuff for Muslims, as well as including Judaism). I think Rajas of India is the biggest expansion so far, since it expands the map, but I'm not sure it's worth its current price, considering you get the expanded map in a patch whether you bought it or not.

So, yeah. Which you should get depends on which you want to play as. :)
Thanks for the help. I'll probably wait out to see if there's an Easter sale, but, your help is appreciated nonetheless.

Wat

I’m sorry I forgot to upload the image with her traits.
if you mean the grandfather comment, for this particular game I want to turn the family tree into a singularity!

Yorel said:
A Father-Daughter marriage followed by a Mother-Son marriage.
Let’s not forget she is also his half sister,

Yorel said:
And considering that the heir is married to a blood relative, it's probably a Brother-Sister marriage.

Holy Shit... So much Incest...

Unfortunately the bribe is just his cousin; I betrothed her to my heir because Morgana the witch is her mother, as I say it’s a very spiritual family.

ck2_7.png

I wasn't sure if this belonged in the EU4 thread, this thread or just both

But the Game of Thrones mod for CK2, now has EU4 Converter Support

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?769469-RELEASE-A-Game-of-Thrones-v0.6.1

and grab a converter fix here

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...nes-v0.6.1&p=17251635&viewfull=1#post17251635

It copies over a map of the GOT world and replaces everything except the Americas. Alaska is also missing, so I recommended using Randomized new world with it, unless you don't mind an Alaska shaped hole in North America.

So you can have an ISOT in your EU4.

Obv. WIP, since you can see there are 2 ocean tiles you can colonize.

Last edited:
So I started an Abyssinian campaign, on the newest patch of CKII. I started as the King of Abyssinia at the Old Gods start. I manged to conquer the small duchies quite easily and started to expand into Nubia. After subjugating Nubia, I was hoping to form the Empire of Abyssinia but to my surprise you have to have the Kingdom of Egypt as one of your titles. And that was going to be pretty hard since the Tulinids still had control of Egypt and were Sunni. So holy warring em was not an option. I manged to sneak the duchy of Sinai away from an independent Emir, and to my surprise the Abbasid blob did not join on his side. Then I had a stroke of luck. The Rise of the Shia event happened in Egypt. Meaning I could holy war them without having to deal with the big green blob. After wining a holy war for Aswan, I was already planning my next one for Alexandria. Unfortunately the Shia Caliph expanded into North Africa and our troop counts were really close. I needed to expand if I wanted to keep up. I tried to attack him a first time, for Alexandria but I was pretty much crushed. After building up my retinue and holdings, I snagged the duchy of Sanaa away from an independent emir. From then on I waited. Once I noticed the Shia Caliph was fighting the Sunni Caliph, I attacked. With some help from my bff the Byzantine Emperor, I manged to win the holy war! I think this helped tip the scales into my favor. I think I can conquer the rest of Egypt and form the empire. I still have no idea on what to do next. The only thing I'm a bit scared off are maybe impending Sunni Jihads. Wish me luck, The Miaphysite faith shall be triumphant!

The state of my realm before the holy war for Alexandria
27xml3n.png

The status quo between me and the Shia Caliph
9j1u1t.png

The current state of my realm
2zsuzy9.png

I finished my world conquest as Rome but I've still got 56 years of the game left to run. It's a shame there's no way of telling when I meet the tech requirements for the Latin tech group before converting to EU4.

Krall

Banned
So I started an Abyssinian campaign, on the newest patch of CKII. I started as the King of Abyssinia at the Old Gods start. I manged to conquer the small duchies quite easily and started to expand into Nubia. After subjugating Nubia, I was hoping to form the Empire of Abyssinia but to my surprise you have to have the Kingdom of Egypt as one of your titles. And that was going to be pretty hard since the Tulinids still had control of Egypt and were Sunni. So holy warring em was not an option. I manged to sneak the duchy of Sinai away from an independent Emir, and to my surprise the Abbasid blob did not join on his side. Then I had a stroke of luck. The Rise of the Shia event happened in Egypt. Meaning I could holy war them without having to deal with the big green blob. After wining a holy war for Aswan, I was already planning my next one for Alexandria. Unfortunately the Shia Caliph expanded into North Africa and our troop counts were really close. I needed to expand if I wanted to keep up. I tried to attack him a first time, for Alexandria but I was pretty much crushed. After building up my retinue and holdings, I snagged the duchy of Sanaa away from an independent emir. From then on I waited. Once I noticed the Shia Caliph was fighting the Sunni Caliph, I attacked. With some help from my bff the Byzantine Emperor, I manged to win the holy war! I think this helped tip the scales into my favor. I think I can conquer the rest of Egypt and form the empire. I still have no idea on what to do next. The only thing I'm a bit scared off are maybe impending Sunni Jihads. Wish me luck, The Miaphysite faith shall be triumphant!

That's awesome! Are you planning to get all of Miaphysitism's holy sites?

I wasn't sure if this belonged in the EU4 thread, this thread or just both

So you can have an ISOT in your EU4.

Obv. WIP, since you can see there are 2 ocean tiles you can colonize.

Awesome! However the climate zones look messed up, i guess their planet must be bigger than ours.