Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

I'm actually surprised Windows XP is still a thing considering that Microsoft no longer Supports it. I'd Upgrade to a newer Version of Windows if I were you before Downloading CKII. Trust me, you won't Regret it.

What Succession Law do the Byzantines start of with? I am looking to Play as them myself Once I understand the Mechanics of the Game better.

No Man is Immortal, either in CKII or in Real Life. ;-)
Eternally youthful? by all means. Immune to weak railings? I think not.

Deleted member 97083

CmVFru8.jpg

The grandfather of one of my courtiers seems to have been a dog raised by bears.
I'm not seeing the dog part, only the bear. I may be missing something.

Doing pretty well in my latest Byz 867 game. I actually hadn't had to do much holy warring in the East up to this point. Just conquered Cilicia, Galilee and half of Antioch. The conquest of Cilicia was enough to topple the rest of the dominoes. My eastern Dukes quickly overran Armenia, Georgia and most of Alania while also making in roads into Syria with only a minimal amount of assistance from me. I instead spent most of my time and resources reestablishing the Byz position in the Balkans and the Mediterranean.

By the current date of 936, the Black Sea is a Byzantine Lake and we're knocking on the gates of Jerusalem. Most importantly I've cleaned up all the border gore. That did take a bit of intervention by myself. I liberated Damascus and put the exiled King of Georgia on his throne. Otherwise, my vassal Kings continue to expand, conquering the rest of Alania and expanding into Azerbaijan. If the Italians don't manage to liberate Sardinia soon, I think that will be my next target. My threat score is through the roof and fighting the Abbasids and Tulunids at the same time for Jerusalem doesn't appeal.

At the end of the last king's reign when he was incapicated by a blow to the head, the council pushed through an obligation law that lowered the levy I can call on, but increased the tax. I'm not sure, but this may have backfired on them. I'm taking in ludicrous amounts of money now. In the event of a civil war, I may be able to hire so many mercanaries that it more than balances out any lose in manpower from feudal levies. I will have to wait and see. My current heir is female, so if she inherits there is sure to be a big rebellion.

Mysteriously the Iberian peninsula is now ruled by Catholics. I don't know what happened there.

Just speculating, but I think i forgot to disable secret societies when I started since it's been a good year since I played and I forgot how wacky things could get with crazy religious conversions.

Or maybe their was a fluke inheritance or a religous uprising actually succeeded. I did notice there was a big civil war there a while back, but I didn't investigate it.

I will look into the matter and see if I can figure out what happened tonight.

Well, I managed to reform the Germanic religion for the first time, establishing the Fylkirate as Chief Bruno of Saxony. The French and German Catholics are pretty much imploding; we're extorting tribute from the child-king of the French and the Germans have fallen apart into half a dozen micro-states that we're eating as fast as the truces can expire. Scandinavia is currently a mess of border-gore, but my biggest vassal is slowly absorbing the only other major Germanic chiefdom up there. And he was kind enough to conquer the third holy site we needed for me, so that was good of him. Major objectives at this point are to retake the holy site of Zeeland from the contemptible Catholics and reform into feudalism. Unfortunately, I'm a bit worried that this is all going to fall apart when my current character dies, because we're under gavelkind succession and he has a ton of kids...

Okay, I checked it out. The king is Jewish!:confounded: (This confounded smile is terrible, there seems to be no good ones to represent confused)

His Andulsian Sunni grandfather took over the country.

The wife that gave birth to his heir was a Visigothic Catholic.

The heir was a Sephardic Jew. So, since his mother was named the "unfaithful", I guess this kid maybe slipped by unnoticed? And then got tutored by his real dad or something?
Or maybe joining a secret society can change your ethnicity along with religion? Somehow he and his son have been able to hold onto power despite ruling only sunni and catholic counties.

Thinking about it, the AI probably just set the kid's focus to heritage and had him tutored by a sephardic jew. Mystery solved.

On to my game. Jerusalem has been reclaimed from the infidel and there was much rejoicing across Christendom. :extremelyhappy:

9qzlQjo.jpg

The Brotherhood of the Holy Seplucher steps up and vows to make sure that the Holy Land never falls again. :angel:

n6ZUReN.jpg

The emperor is such a masterful diplomat that his dog and cat now get along. :happyblush

EkaV3XR.jpg

The Empire has now almost completely reclaimed what the game considers its "dejure lands" but we all know that Eastern Roman Empire ruled far more than that. The rest of the Levant, Egypt and Libya beckon.

AMvB6AZ.jpg

J9iEplu.jpg

54icdbF.jpg

Gah. So my shieldmaiden spymistress daughter is an ambitious genius with stats out the whazoo, including a 25 Intrigue and 18 Martial. All of my other kids are basically average at best. And my kingdom is a bunch of misogynist pigs who aren't about to make a woman queen. :( (Tolerance tech is too low level to enable gender equality even if I hadn't already changed inheritance laws with this character.)

On the plus side, successfully reformed into feudalism and transitioned to an elective monarchy. The Franco-Germans continue to roil, but have momentarily reunited under another Karling child-king. King Bruno is turning mystical in his old age. The North is quiet for the moment, with half owned by one of my vassals (we're best buds) and the other half by an independent allied chief. The Germanic Reformation continues to pick up steam, and we're starting to build up our infrastructure, paid for by looting the towns of the contemptible Catholics. One more war should bring Zeeland, the last of our holy sites, back in Germanic hands. So things are mostly looking good.

Last edited:
You conquered the entire caucasus?

And the Tulunids are still around?

And - why are the Polovtsy in Siberia?

CK2 is so strange.
I did almost nothing in the caucasus, I personally conquered one county. My vassals rolled over the rest by their own initiative.

Why wouldn't the Tulunid's still be around? The Abbassids have much bigger problems to deal with than them, that being me and my vassal kings.

I did almost nothing in the caucasus, I personally conquered one county. My vassals rolled over the rest by their own initiative.

Why wouldn't the Tulunid's still be around? The Abbassids have much bigger problems to deal with than them, that being me and my vassal kings.
Fair enough.

Historicalły they collapsed almost instantly.

The Pope has called a crusade upon Hispania from the papacy in... Calais? Somewhere around there anyways. No idea how that happened, Rome is ruled by an independent Catholic bishop. I guess they must have fell to the North Africans while I wasn't looking early on and then got liberated by the Italians?

Anyhow, since last I posted I've liberated Ascalon and Corsica from the infidels and conquered Istiria for my Croatian vassal. My Bulgarian vassal conquered a Hungarian border county. I also gave the Brotherhood a donation and a castle in Jerusalem, and vassalized them. They were a big help in the conquest of Corsica.

oisHgmH.jpg

Gah. So my shieldmaiden spymistress daughter is an ambitious genius with stats out the whazoo, including a 25 Intrigue and 18 Martial. All of my other kids are basically average at best. And my kingdom is a bunch of misogynist pigs who aren't about to make a woman queen. :( (Tolerance tech is too low level to enable gender equality even if I hadn't already changed inheritance laws with this character.)

On the plus side, successfully reformed into feudalism and transitioned to an elective monarchy. The Franco-Germans continue to roil, but have momentarily reunited under another Karling child-king. King Bruno is turning mystical in his old age. The North is quiet for the moment, with half owned by one of my vassals (we're best buds) and the other half by an independent allied chief. The Germanic Reformation continues to pick up steam, and we're starting to build up our infrastructure, paid for by looting the towns of the contemptible Catholics. One more war should bring Zeeland, the last of our holy sites, back in Germanic hands. So things are mostly looking good.

Simple, matrimarry her to some genius and nominate their ubermensch offspring once you get the chance.

Was really lucky today. The Tulunid sultans just kept dying of disease one after another. So me and the King of Jerusalem just rolled over Egypt and much of North Africa. The rest of North Africa was conquered by a Catholic liberator and they got enough to crown themselves King.
The crusade in Hispania has been going strong for a while but hasn't been able to win.
ruVOqiY.jpg

Ague6RV.jpg