Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

I've encountered an issue with one of the religious heads in CK2+, and I'm wondering if anyone might know how to code a fix for it that I could input.

So I had already modified the game to enable me, as a Paulician, to become Emperor of the Byzantine Empire. It wasn't long after that that I vassalized the Paulician Patriarch. However, in doing so I as Emperor apparently become the heir to the ducal Paulician Patriarch title, and said title will then be passed down thru my heirs. I am almost certain that this is not supposed to be what is happening, that the title should be passed along the same way the Catholic Bishoprics are inherited for example, but I have no idea how that should be coded.

Any ideas?

I've encountered an issue with one of the religious heads in CK2+, and I'm wondering if anyone might know how to code a fix for it that I could input.

So I had already modified the game to enable me, as a Paulician, to become Emperor of the Byzantine Empire. It wasn't long after that that I vassalized the Paulician Patriarch. However, in doing so I as Emperor apparently become the heir to the ducal Paulician Patriarch title, and said title will then be passed down thru my heirs. I am almost certain that this is not supposed to be what is happening, that the title should be passed along the same way the Catholic Bishoprics are inherited for example, but I have no idea how that should be coded.

Any ideas?

Try checking the titular Pope or Ecumenical Patriarch titles from the base game. Those should have something that fix them to only be ecclesiastical titles. You could add that to the title for your Paulician Patriarch.

Try checking the titular Pope or Ecumenical Patriarch titles from the base game. Those should have something that fix them to only be ecclesiastical titles. You could add that to the title for your Paulician Patriarch.
So something I didn't notice before but just did now is that somehow the Paulician Patriarch title went from a Theocracy to a Feudal title. :rolleyes:

Seeing what I can do from the save game file to change it back.

Edit: Can't change it back to a Theocracy for some reason, but by making it Open Elective with an Unknown Successor I don't have to worry about myself or other characters inheriting it.

I wish I knew how to create new cultures.

Also, does anyone else continuously give their first born sons the same name to see how high in the numerals they can get?

Why do I feel like that was once a real conversation between the royal families of Europe.

Don't have Conclave, but as one of the beta players I've still been dealing with all the same shit almost. And I most say that this Threat (earlier Infamy) and these Coalitions (earlier Defensive Pacts) are very annoying. In my Muslim India game I finally finished my conquest of India with the conquest of the last few provinces. And that ran my Threat up, but not by a lot. Instead me vassalizing three duchies (admittingly one of them was the Abbassids) has jumped my threat to 100%. And now I face a Muslim Coalition of Shia Egypt/Abyssinia, Seljuks in Iran and Iraq, some Sunni state in Central Asia, and Volgar Bulgaria. And then there's the Christian Coalition of all the Italian states, the Byzies, and the Caucasus. And though I could take them on with my Indian armies, its not worth it, because I'd be fighting all of them at once for a measly county from one of my Muslim neighbors. I could potentially invade Egypt using the Invasion CB, but they are so far away that conquest is untenable. So basically I'm stuck until I die or the neighboring Seljuk or Central Asian guy dies. The funny thing is though I basically dealt with this the entire time I was conquering India, as everytime I declared war all the Hindus jumped in, so did their overpowered Religious orders, and of course my religious revolts. But at least then I could gain a full duchy or even a kingdom instead of now with this single county that's simply now worth.

I'm currently defending against a crusade and fighting battles of tens of thousands of soldiers and the battle war score is minuscule. Literally I gain more Military Tech from a battle than War Score like 2.5 puts to 1.5%. Is that supposed to happen, because my revolts still have regular, normal war score with major battles being worth a lot.

Why do I feel like that was once a real conversation between the royal families of Europe.

I did the name thing accidentally, switching between Henri/Heinrich and Louis/Ludwig (first born sons always got grandpas name) in my Neuchatel-France game. Until one of the Louis's died young. Then I ended up running Henri (and somehow an Occitan line of Enrique in one of my cadet lines) to XIII until Charles III, a third son inherited in the 15th century.

Of note, Henri VIII randomly got a fat guy portrait and had multiple unlucky marriages. I don't know if that's an Easter egg or coincidence.

libbrit

Banned
The Game of Thrones mod has been updtated for 2.5.2 for those interested.

Any major changes?

One change i would dearly love is if they did away with the various kingdoms becoming technically independent whenever you go to war.

DTanza

Banned
Any major changes?

One change i would dearly love is if they did away with the various kingdoms becoming technically independent whenever you go to war.

I thought that stopped if you reached maximum crown law?

If not that's incredibly dumb.

libbrit

Banned
I thought that stopped if you reached maximum crown law?

If not that's incredibly dumb.

As far as i know, its permanent.

Its incredibly irritating, especially if, during your war, two of your temporarily independent vassals get involved in seperate wars. When your war ends, everyone else returns to the fold except those involved in their seperate war. Its infuriating.

libbrit said:
Any major changes?
Aside from the fact it's been completely adapted for Conclave and Horse Lords? None than I can think of, though I may have missed something in the changelogs.

Not all of the Conclave mechanics are there though. There is no "threat" and "defensive pacts" mechanics for the moment, which is fine by me: while I like the idea behind these two mechanics, they still need some tweaking. Oh, and they tweaked a bit how the "powerful vassal" mechanic works: the opinion penalty is reduced and the powerful vassals can plot to try to get a seat on the Council.
libbrit said:
The devteam of the mod has repeatidly said that's never going to happen.

Mind you, while the Megawar mechanic has troubles, I don't know if there are better ways to reflect the political climate of Westeros and some of the book situations such as a Lord Paramount turning against the King but not three of his vassals. Which is what happened to Robert Baratheon at the beginning of the Rebellion. Same with the Kingdoms who try to take advantage of the Civil War to take their independance like the Iron Islands.
libbrit said:
As far as i know, its permanent.

Its incredibly irritating, especially if, during your war, two of your temporarily independent vassals get involved in seperate wars. When your war ends, everyone else returns to the fold except those involved in their seperate war. Its infuriating.
Hm... Technically, the kindgoms do return to the Iron Throne after their war ends. I don't count the times I've seen two of the Seven Kingdoms go to war with each other then rejoined the Iron Throne after they made peace. They don't come back immediately true but they do come back. Unless they say "Fuck the Iron Throne". In a recent games, I've seen this happen with the Westerlands and Riverlands: they were at war with each other but once their war ended, they both returned as vassals of the Iron Throne.

libbrit

Banned
Id much prefer, as a way of reflecting the independence of the Lords Paramount, things such as refusing to provide levies if they arent loyal enough to the Iron Throne, or events where they refuse to pay taxes etc, rather than basically obliterating a unified Westeros every time a tiny war breaks out.

DTanza

Banned
Id much prefer, as a way of reflecting the independence of the Lords Paramount, things such as refusing to provide levies if they arent loyal enough to the Iron Throne, or events where they refuse to pay taxes etc, rather than basically obliterating a unified Westeros every time a tiny war breaks out.

Again, I like the idea of them being far more independent under lower crown authority, much as we see them now, and then became less and less autonomous if you manage to raise it. To the point of them no longer going mass independent every time the lord of Bumfuck, East Dorne decides to start shit.

Getting hundreds and hundreds of vassals to agree to raise crown authority and keeping them in line with the negative opinion modifiers is enough of a challenge.

Does anyone know where I can edit the code regarding infamy decay? I'm playing the Byzantine Empire, and on the surface I actually rather enjoy the Conclave DLC beyond the fact that the infamy decay is incredibly slow, being (0.06%) a month for me presently, and I already know that it doesn't decrease upon succession.

After the End has been updated to version 0.7. If the download link isn't on page 1 of the thread on Paradox Forum, you'll find it somewhere around page 191.

Aside from the fact it's been adapted for Conclave and patch 2.5.2, the map has expanded a bit into Northern Canada, most notably in the North-East as Newfoudnland was added. There were also modification dones in that region: there is now a Duchy of Sept Iles ruled by Native Americans following the Ursulines, more Brethren worshippers in North-Eastern Canada (mostly Innu and Mik'maq) and High Church Inuits in the North-Easternest part of the map. A few Ghost Dance tribals have also been added on the North-West of Québec.

There is an even bigger map expansion to the South though as the map now covers up all of Central America and the Northern part of South America (basically up to the Brazilian border). At the moment though, not much work has been done on South America: only a few states are playable at the start and most of the religions there aren't fleshed out.

Aside from that, it seems they've expanded a bit on pre-existing materials.

Started a game as House Wayne in New York. I will probably ask them to make Thom and Martha Wayne a bit younger because if you don't want to murder Martha on start, the timespan for her to get pregnant is way to short (They're in their forties, so 5 years) and there is a 50/50 chance that you end up with a girl and thus are screwed. In my game, I was "lucky" enough to have Martha die while doing Spymaster work, allowing me to remarry Thom and have a son.

Really liking the latest AGOT update - it seems much more stable on my elderly Mac than any previous iteration. Is it my imagination or are dragons slightly less of an insta-win in battle? I've seen two slain and one crippled in the first few decades of my Rogue Prince start (huzzah for Daemon Targaryen, Emperor of All the Seas, who is gradually collecting a court of pissed-off Targs in a very canon-appropriate manner). Also all the young Targaryens are boringly normal; I had got used to almost always getting the genius/madness event, it's only fired once for me so far. Perhaps the Gods are short of coins.

The highest level of Crown Authority still switches off the Megawar mechanic, but good luck getting there!

Aside from the fact it's been completely adapted for Conclave and Horse Lords? None than I can think of, though I may have missed something in the changelogs.

Not all of the Conclave mechanics are there though. There is no "threat" and "defensive pacts" mechanics for the moment, which is fine by me: while I like the idea behind these two mechanics, they still need some tweaking. Oh, and they tweaked a bit how the "powerful vassal" mechanic works: the opinion penalty is reduced and the powerful vassals can plot to try to get a seat on the Council.
The devteam of the mod has repeatidly said that's never going to happen.

Mind you, while the Megawar mechanic has troubles, I don't know if there are better ways to reflect the political climate of Westeros and some of the book situations such as a Lord Paramount turning against the King but not three of his vassals. Which is what happened to Robert Baratheon at the beginning of the Rebellion. Same with the Kingdoms who try to take advantage of the Civil War to take their independance like the Iron Islands.
Hm... Technically, the kindgoms do return to the Iron Throne after their war ends. I don't count the times I've seen two of the Seven Kingdoms go to war with each other then rejoined the Iron Throne after they made peace. They don't come back immediately true but they do come back. Unless they say "Fuck the Iron Throne". In a recent games, I've seen this happen with the Westerlands and Riverlands: they were at war with each other but once their war ended, they both returned as vassals of the Iron Throne.

Continued my game as House Wayne in After the End. I never had really tried playing a Merchant Republic before but I think I'm starting to get the hand of this. That being said, I didn't chose one of the simplest start and I have serious doubts on the survivability of the Republic of New York in the years to come: guess that's what happens when you have Anabaptists doge being succeeded by Americanists and vice-versa... Still hoping New York goes back to Anabaptits though because if not New York will be kinda screwed as Americanists have taken quite a beating. And that's not even counting the potential arrival of the Redcoats!

That being said, before worrying about the survivibality of the Merchant Republic of New York, I should worry about that of House Wayne... I was very close to hitting a game thanks to a lack of male relatives. Everything had started rather okay: Patrician Bruce Wayne had fathered six sons. But of those, only two had sons and of these grandsons, none had sons... By the time I realised the problem I only had three males relatives alive and all in their 50s. I got so desperated that I divorced my current character twice to have him marry a younger and more fertile wife... Which paid off since the last one has finally given birth to a son. I'm still not out the woods yet but it's a start.

There is one benefit to this mess though... Since I don't have a fuckton of male relatives to provide for, my inconme is incredible.
Machiavelli Jr said:
Is it my imagination or are dragons slightly less of an insta-win in battle? I've seen two slain and one crippled in the first few decades of my Rogue Prince start (huzzah for Daemon Targaryen, Emperor of All the Seas, who is gradually collecting a court of pissed-off Targs in a very canon-appropriate manner).
Having tried the Conquest scenario with Aegon and his sisters, I didn't find the dragon to be that nerfed... They're still OP and even if you don't deploy them they can inflict pretty serious damages to ennemy troops. Had no problem defeating Harren and his cronies despite a hugely inferior army on my side.

It might be that you just had bad luck. When the game wants to ruin your life, it generally doesn't pull back any punches...
Machiavelli Jr said:
Also all the young Targaryens are boringly normal; I had got used to almost always getting the genius/madness event, it's only fired once for me so far. Perhaps the Gods are short of coins.
Two possibilities I see here: either the event has a chance not to fire and you just got terribly unlucky (or lucky since while you're not getting geniuses, you're also avoiding lunatics) or Conclave has messed with the event a bit.

DTanza

Banned
My latest campaign with the AGOT mod has been with a custom character. If you want to follow along with me, follow these instructions.

Create a custom character in a random county in the North.

Name him Twenty of the dynasty Goodmen.

Use cheats to give him 99 martial skill.

Sob gently as you're made martial by Roose Bolton and smash Stannis Baratheon's forces in the North.