Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

libbrit

Banned
Who is king of England? Sunglasses?

Sunglasses is slated to get Iceland. The Valyrian heretics and William the Conquerior are currently glowering uncomfortably across Offas Dyke.

Once the families are established, the dragon conquest of France and England and the Spanish Kings shall begin.

There was a crusade against Italy, Scotland won and there was a Scottish Italy, then I guess Italy has a Emperor instead of a king? So it switched around, so the Capets now rule over Italy-Scotland

I remember marrying a courtier of mine to a Scottish princess, and their descendants ended up ruling Scotland. This was in this Tusculani game of mine where I conquered Africa. :p:p:p

libbrit

Banned
There is an upto date Targaryan invasion mod FYI, im playing it currently.

I started in 1067.

I've installed all the Valyrian families in positions of power.

Orys Baratheon is King of Ireland.

Dontos Celtigar is King of Wales

The Valeryons are Kings of Britanny

And I rule the Canarys and the Balearics as my own domains.

Eventually ill topple the Holy Roman Empire and rule from Nassau, probably in the reign of my son Aenys

Who is king of England? Sunglasses?

Sunglasses is slated to get Iceland. The Valyrian heretics and William the Conquerior are currently glowering uncomfortably across Offas Dyke.

Once the families are established, the dragon conquest of France and England and the Spanish Kings shall begin.

In a change to my plan, i took advantage of a civil war in Scotland to conduct a holy war on the Duke of Lothian and sieze all of southern Scotland. I then did likewise to the Lord of the Isles.

I then conducted a dragon conquest on the King of Scotland. Through a sequence of events and provokations, i provoked him into rebelling. Defeated him, seized his throne, and granted it to the Sunglass family who i had just established as a landed forced by granting them the Lordship of the Isles and of Lothian, and all the lands therein.

England is rapidly becoming surrounded. Either William the Conqueror converts to the Valyrian faith and becomes my vassal, or he shall fall.

Also i managed somehow to get one of the Muslim lords of Southern Spain to convert to the Valyrian faith with his entire family after i dragon conquested him. As a reward i dragon conquested the other muslim lords of Southern Iberia, created the Kingdoms of Portugal and Andalusia, granted them to the first Iberian convert, and transferred vassalage of the rest of Iberia to him.

I have contrived to betroth my 3rd born son to some obscure female child of one of the many Christian kings in Iberia (Navarre i believe). I plan to whittle down his children via nefarious means to bring said daughter closer to the succession and take advantage of that to put a Targaryan in charge of that part of Northern Iberia, and use it as a base to take the rest.

Soon all of Iberia shall be vassals of Dragon stone. Then? France and the Empire

I downloaded the Ice and Fire mod but it's not showing up on the Mod list and when I try to run it from my downloads list it says it can't find the right program to run it with.

What's wrong with it?

I downloaded the Ice and Fire mod but it's not showing up on the Mod list and when I try to run it from my downloads list it says it can't find the right program to run it with.

What's wrong with it?

Well you need to run the file to get it to install. Has it installed?

libbrit

Banned

What's wrong with it?

I find if a mod isnt there straight away, i start the game, shut it down and try it a second time when it tends to then be there

100 years have passed since the armies of Odoacer were defeated and Roman Italy was saved. Under the rule of Romulus Augustulus navigated three civil wars and retook Sicily from the Vandalic kingdom in North Africa. Though the rule of his son, Orestes, would start off poorly with the loss of Pannonia to the Gepids, Orestes would see the crushing of the Vandalic Kingdom and it's rulers forced to accept Nicene Christianity. As the Western Roman Empire was pushing out of Italy, the light of the Eastern Roman Empire was fading. Having already lost control of Greece and the Balkans to the Lombard kingdom of Thrace, the ERE was in no shape to deal with the advances of the Ephthalitae Huns, who had already devoured the Sassanid Empire. The Levant and most of Anatolia fell to the horde and what remained of the ERE was unable to hold together. The Pontic and Egyptian revolts left the ERE in control of a few Islands in the Aegean and a foothold in Anatolia.

The Lombards of Thrace have since converted to Christianity and the Lombard Queen has taken to calling herself Empress. In addition, the Lombards recently launched a successful attack against the Hephthalite Shah.

The Visigothic kingdom has imploded and with its fall, most of the successor states have adopted Nicene Christianity. The Suebi kingdom has largely collapsed, but among its successor kingdoms the Arian heresy remains strong. The Romano-African Mauri kingdom is ruled by the the nephew of the current Emperor, who is currently fighting against the Libyan Pharaoh.

lZqFMqK.jpg

The file should have downloaded as a set-up application. If you double click that it should run.

Nope I still get the message that Windows needs to know what program I want to use to run it and it doesn't give me Crusader Kings as an option.

libbrit

Banned
So, William the Conqueror died, and his son Robert came to the throne..............he didnt hold it for long. As Aegon the Conqueror i managed to get one of the sons of Harold Godwin to not only move to my court, but also to adopt my religion. I launched a war for his claim to the throne.

England is now a vassal of Dragonstone, under the rule of the House of Godwin again.

The Targaryan Conquest of Britain is complete. Now to focus on the rest of Spain.

Also Aegon died of illness and Aenys I now sits on the throne.

Nope I still get the message that Windows needs to know what program I want to use to run it and it doesn't give me Crusader Kings as an option.

Yeah there's your problem.

You wouldn't select Crusader Kings as an option. You downloaded an installer, like the rest of us, and thus it is probably a .exe file. Why it is asking you what program you want to use to run it is incredibly weird. You might have downloaded the .zip.

In my link here did you click on the top links or the bottom links for download? The Windows exe or the Mac / Linux / zipped files?

If you download the exe you should just be able to double click it and the program will automatically install the mod onto your computer.

Yeah there's your problem.

You wouldn't select Crusader Kings as an option. You downloaded an installer, like the rest of us, and thus it is probably a .exe file. Why it is asking you what program you want to use to run it is incredibly weird. You might have downloaded the .zip.

In my link here did you click on the top links or the bottom links for download? The Windows exe or the Mac / Linux / zipped files?

If you download the exe you should just be able to double click it and the program will automatically install the mod onto your computer.

I downladed the Windows one but when I double-click it it says that it can't find the program that it wants me to run it with.

EDIT: I deleted the file and re-downloaded it and it's still doing the same fucking thing!

I beginning to wonder if it's worth all this hassle. I mean seriously why not offer the stupid thing through the Steam Mod's section?

Last edited:
I downladed the Windows one but when I double-click it it says that it can't find the program that it wants me to run it with.

EDIT: I deleted the file and re-downloaded it and it's still doing the same fucking thing!

I beginning to wonder if it's worth all this hassle. I mean seriously why not offer the stupid thing through the Steam Mod's section?

That is extremely bizarre.

Can you run other .exe files? It may be a problem with your computer.

That is extremely bizarre.

Can you run other .exe files? It may be a problem with your computer.

I'm a little curious why a mod for a Paradox game would even need an installer in the first place. Surely they don't think the end-users are too stupid to drop two files into the CK2/Mods folder?