Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

I started playing When the World Stopped Making Sense and it took my four tries, but I finally saved the WRE from Odoacer. I've survived three civil wars, took part in the overthrow of the Eastern Emperor, and captured Sicily from the Vandalic Kingdom while it was in the midst of a civil war.

Edit: There must be some kind of law of conservation that says if the WRE survives then the ERE must die. I while I was slugging it out with the Visigoths (there was a Visigothic civil war that I thought I could take advantage of, but it ended like two minutes after I declared war on the Visigoths because the claimant died) I ignored a couple of calls from my ally in Constantinople. After I finally defeated the Visigoths and took Nice, I looked over to the east and was surprised to see that Constantinople wasn't the seat of the ERE. It was now the capital of the Lombard kingdom of Thrace. In fact, outside of one province in Achaea all of the Balkans had fallen either to the Slavs or to the Lombards. The ERE survives, but it's ruled from Egypt and it's menaced by the Ghassanids who must have invaded at the same time and captured Jerusalem.

Last edited:
Of course there is General, the ERE falling if the WRE is one of the basic rules of AH.COM. It's one of the first things they teach you when you register here:p

Of course there is General, the ERE falling if the WRE is one of the basic rules of AH.COM. It's one of the first things they teach you when you register here:p

I'm going to try and make sure that it doesn't lose any more territory. It still holds Egypt, most of the Levant (outside of the Ghassanid corridor to the sea), and most of Anatolia (save for the Lombard ruled Aegean coast and Sassanid Armenia.

I started playing When the World Stopped Making Sense and it took my four tries, but I finally saved the WRE from Odoacer. I've survived three civil wars, took part in the overthrow of the Eastern Emperor, and captured Sicily from the Vandalic Kingdom while it was in the midst of a civil war.

Edit: There must be some kind of law of conservation that says if the WRE survives then the ERE must die. I while I was slugging it out with the Visigoths (there was a Visigothic civil war that I thought I could take advantage of, but it ended like two minutes after I declared war on the Visigoths because the claimant died) I ignored a couple of calls from my ally in Constantinople. After I finally defeated the Visigoths and took Nice, I looked over to the east and was surprised to see that Constantinople wasn't the seat of the ERE. It was now the capital of the Lombard kingdom of Thrace. In fact, outside of one province in Achaea all of the Balkans had fallen either to the Slavs or to the Lombards. The ERE survives, but it's ruled from Egypt and it's menaced by the Ghassanids who must have invaded at the same time and captured Jerusalem.

Playing as who? I've done it as Soissons, who are of course the only legitimate Roman state in the west. :p

I'm going to try and make sure that it doesn't lose any more territory. It still holds Egypt, most of the Levant (outside of the Ghassanid corridor to the sea), and most of Anatolia (save for the Lombard ruled Aegean coast and Sassanid Armenia.

Lies! the Domain of Soissons is a group of soldiers waiting for their Emperor to reach out to them. Flavius Romulus Augustus is Emperor in Ravenna and leader of the one true Western Roman Empire! :p

Oh please. Rome had its chance and now the world must look to Persia to restore the light of civilization :p.

By the way, is that the mod that extends the map to China?

Lies! the Domain of Soissons is a group of soldiers waiting for their Emperor to reach out to them. Flavius Romulus Augustus is Emperor in Ravenna and leader of the one true Western Roman Empire! :p

Poor old Julius Nepos.

More pertinently though, is there a 2.4.5 compatible version of the mod out now? I thought the most recent one only worked for 2.4.3.

Oh please. Rome had its chance and now the world must look to Persia to restore the light of civilization :p.

The Sassanids haven't been having the best time, they've faced a number of civil wars and the re-emergance of the White Huns as a powerful enemy. The Persian light might go out soon while Italy remains the candle in a dark world.

By the way, is that the mod that extends the map to China?

Nope, it extends the timeline back to the fall of the WRE, but it doesn't extend the map to China. Link to the sub-forum for it on Paradox.

Poor old Julius Nepos.
He revolted against me after I barely managed to save the Empire, so I imprisoned him and when I came of age, I revoked all his titles and executed him.

More pertinently though, is there a 2.4.5 compatible version of the mod out now? I thought the most recent one only worked for 2.4.3.

No new update, but it's been working for me despite running 2.4.5

Update: Persia's dead, Jim.
Iue3tUx.jpg

Looking at the Imperial Isle in the SVN version of Elder Kings and building code, I suspect Crusader Kings II doesn't quite know what to make of one-province trade routes - you can build a trade post as a feudal lord, but you can't build the trade route buildings in it...

Tardis218

Banned
First time posting here, and my first ever CK2 game. (I didn't even play the tutorial, I just used the info I got from the Arumba tutorial playthrough, and Krall :p) Here's what the Kingdom of Ireland is like by 1202:

679EBE45E73475FF98F2F40F72F681242D1BDFA0

So, is it considered incest in the Bible to betroth your 18 year old and recently widowed stepmother to your 11 year old son? Because I did that in my Habsburg HIP mod game.

CK2 inheritance mechanic is great. How often do you see the Khan of the Golden Horde inherit half of France?

in your first playthrough you are almost guaranteed to see some strange ****. i mean, i was Dublin in 1066, united Eire and stuff when suddenly in 1150somehting i was also king of Castille and Leon and in 1209 got the Byzantine Empire as well. all of this without having any idea of how I got there :eek:

libbrit

Banned
There is an upto date Targaryan invasion mod FYI, im playing it currently.

I started in 1067.

I've installed all the Valyrian families in positions of power.

Orys Baratheon is King of Ireland.

Dontos Celtigar is King of Wales

The Valeryons are Kings of Britanny

And I rule the Canarys and the Balearics as my own domains.

Eventually ill topple the Holy Roman Empire and rule from Nassau, probably in the reign of my son Aenys

Last edited:
There is an upto date Targaryan invasion nod FYI, im playing it curently.

I started in 1067.

I've installed all the Valyrian families in positions of power.

Orys Baratheon is King of Ireland.

Dontos Celtigar is King of Wales

The Valeryons are Kings of Britanny

And I rule the Canarys and the Balearics as my own domains.

Eventually ill topple the Holy Roman Empire and rule from Nassau, probably in the reign of my son Aenys

Who is king of England? Sunglasses?