Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Cambyses The Mad said:
They have explained that the Tribunal would be too OP, and they don't want them in the game.
Pretty much yeah. They've got a point though considering Almalexia, Sotha Sil and Vivec are technically Gods.
Cambyses The Mad said:
Though that doesn't explain why Molag Bal is a courtier in Castle Volkihar. Old Harkon must have pulled off one hell of a conjuration spell.
Some factors on the forum seems to indicate that they are working on something with the Daedric Princes... So the presence of Molag Bal is maybe the result of them working on that (the mechanic might not be finished though).
Evilprodigy said:
Right now I got an Orc game going. Formed Orsinium pretty quickly with the only difficulty being getting piety (favour in the mod). Though after that it's really difficult to expand. It's next to impossible to get marriage alliances because people hate Orcs but I was able to marry the sister of the King of Haafingar/Solitude but that's not really much. Inquisition wars I can declare cost piety, 500 of the stuff, and it's already quite hard to get those points. I've been fighting tributary wars against Wayrest, Direnni, and the Duchy to my north to keep them in line for money since that gets me prestige and money to build holdings and upgrade my castle. It helps keep the Bretons from seeking revenge for my raiding too.

Though it's not getting me any closer to becoming king of High Rock. >.<
Doesn't the mod have a CB that allows you to conquer a neighboring county without requirement? I have access to such a thing in my current Daggerfall game. I don't know if it has restrictions though.

Speaking of my current Daggerfall game... I started as Queen Donella of House Deleyn. I didn't really do much on the start with her as I felt too weak to act, though I might have been too cautious. That said, I focused on internal matters by building stuff and changing laws (Increased Feudal and City Taxes, inputed Meritocracy). I also married Donella's only son, Anton, with a daughter of the King of Wayrest and helped the latter in a few of his wars (sometimes nominally: I accepted to join, but didn't sent any troops).

Another thing that happened during Donella's rule is that I recived an event that her Chancelor, a lowborn guy named Herluin, was enamoured with her. Doenlla was nearing her 40s, I had received an event mentionning that her fertility had been reduced (to simulate Menopausis from what I understood) and since Herluin was unmarried I went "What the hell, let's go with it. What could possibly go wrong?" Except that Donella got pregnant and gave birth to a little daughter named Yvara... While Donella and her son were the only characters I had on start, expanding the dynasty wasn't my goal. But Herluin acknowledged the girl as his own, which legitimized her as a member of my dynasty. Out of roleplay, I wanted to have Donella marry her Chancelor but prestige cost was too high for me gameplay wise. So instead I kept Herluin unmarried and had Yvara raised properly and married to a prince from Evermore. Herluin also happened to remain as Chancelor and acted as my best Commander for a while. In fact, he has just died peacefully in his sleep where I currently stopped.

Back to Donella... Well, I had only one vassal on start, and that was the baron of Shalgora. No problem with him and in fact he was a strong supporter: I thus wasn't too worried when he died and his daughter Piernette succeeded him. Until I got a notification that said a guard killed Donella with a pillow while uttering the words "Lady Piernette sends her regards...". So Donella lied dead after 36 years of rule (28 years of me playing her in-game) at the age of 66, murdered in her sleep. That's a great start...

I then played as Donella's son, Anton II of Dagerfall and immediately understood why Piernette had killed Donella: Anton II and the lady of Shalgora were Rivals. I immediately set out to remove Piernette of Shalgora from her position but as I had negative prestige (a result of the marriage to the princess of Wayrest mentionned earlier: Wayrest is a Merchant Republic, so in-game I didn't marry a princess but the daughter of a patrician), I went on a pilgrimmage to compensate. While I was away, Anton II's eldest son Gryf died in an accident: I have high suspicions that he was murdered but I don't have any proof to back the claim. Anyway, back from pilgrimmage I immediately removed Piernette of Shalgora from her position by force. Once the fighting was over, I also raised a runestone to honor Donella.

I have started to expand under Anton II as I have annexed Tulune. I am currently waiting for my levies to fully resplenish. When it will be done, I will make sure Betnikh falls completely under my rule by attacking the orcs then by taking back a city that the Brethren of the Coast have. After that, I will have rule of de-jure Daggerfall and so I will expand Northward. I might have to switch to Elective Succession at one point though: Anton II has two sons and I started with Gavelkind. Since I am small enough I don't need to switch for now but it's likely that once I am out of de-jure Daggerfall, part of my conquest will go to my second son.

Doesn't the mod have a CB that allows you to conquer a neighboring county without requirement? I have access to such a thing in my current Daggerfall game. I don't know if it has restrictions though.

It does but you can only use it against people of your religion so I easily conquered my Orcish neighbours but now can't against my Eight Divines ones.

I've been playing as a RD Falmer wizard, starting out in Solstheim. Conquered the Skaal and now I'm raiding Skyrim with a fleet of ghost ships crewed by dremora.

They have explained that the Tribunal would be too OP, and they don't want them in the game.

Though that doesn't explain why Molag Bal is a courtier in Castle Volkihar. Old Harkon must have pulled off one hell of a conjuration spell.
Not just Harkon, I've seen Sheogorath and Malacath for other cultists.

You can be a Falmer?

Is it Falmer like the Blind guys or Falmer like the snow elf guarding a temple in one of the DLC?
The second, sorta. There are no Falmer characters, but if I understand it correctly it is an option in the Ruler Designer. Though it's not entirely finished, they only get an elfy name for Skyrim and nothing else.

The second, sorta. There are no Falmer characters, but if I understand it correctly it is an option in the Ruler Designer. Though it's not entirely finished, they only get an elfy name for Skyrim and nothing else.

You can also turn into a Falmer thanks to a really high-level magic spell that lets you turn into any race in the game, if you want to do it legitimately.

Yeah, it feels pretty similar to being an Altmer for now.

I guess fleshing out and adding culture-alternate names for the races that are actually playable without RD or being a powerful mage is higher priority for the developers.

Yeah, I'm not fussed about it. Retaking Skyrim should still be a fun challenge, even with my nigh-endless armies of dremora.

I plan to do a Mannimarco game next. He is sadly, lowborn and there can thus be no inheritance, but in his case the idea is after all not to die in the first place.

Last edited:
Has anyone else run into a problem where they can't declare war in Elder Kings? I'm sitting on a bunch of fabricated claims, on Solesthiem and Black Marsh but the only option I can pick when trying to declare wars is make tributary?

They have a working beta version though.

I'm technically on the GoT dev team dontchaknow, thanks to one incredibly minor contribution. I am, in fact in the mod itself (though they nerfed my stats a few versions ago).

But yeah, dragons should be working in the Qohor build now. There are still a few minor bumps to be worked out, which I imagine is keeping knuckey too busy to do side projects.

Sykez is apparently working on an update to TIoE though, and seems to have taken over that project.

I'm technically on the GoT dev team dontchaknow, thanks to one incredibly minor contribution. I am, in fact in the mod itself (though they nerfed my stats a few versions ago).

But yeah, dragons should be working in the Qohor build now. There are still a few minor bumps to be worked out, which I imagine is keeping knuckey too busy to do side projects.

Sykez is apparently working on an update to TIoE though, and seems to have taken over that project.
Where can I find Cambyses 'the Mad' of house whatever?