Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

I lost some 7 000 men in the mountains of Armenia because a Typhoid epidemic hit at the same time as winter started:p

Disease always makes the supply of a province plummet. In a lot of Europe the terrain is usually good enough you don't notice, but elsewhere....

Patukov said:
Did they buffed up plagues in the new patch or something?
I think so. Last time I check, they now inflict a -2 health malus instead of -1.

A bit embivalent on this. On one hand, it pisses me off a bit because now my characters have higher chances of dying young should they catch a disease. On the other hand, I find it a bit more realistic and I've always felt that diseases were rarely threatening in-game.
Prince_of_Florence said:
They made it a lot easier for your kids to get 'sickly' I know that for sure.

Every one of my fucking kids is sickly. Its a wonder I have any male heirs at all.
On the other hand, this is the Middle Ages... Child mortality was sky high. Not to say it's not frustrating as hell, but still...
Patukov said:
I lost some 7 000 men in the mountains of Armenia because a Typhoid epidemic hit at the same time as winter started:p
Ouch...

At the same time, not the brightest idea in the world you have to admit :p

Lateknight

Banned
So when I click to play Crusader Kings 2 from steam the launcher that shows the dlc and mods starts correctly. I then click " play and the screen flashes black for a moment as if it's about to start loading, then it flashes back to my desktop, and nothing happens. Do any of you know how to fix this?

So when I click to play Crusader Kings 2 from steam the launcher that shows the dlc and mods starts correctly. I then click " play and the screen flashes black for a moment as if it's about to start loading, then it flashes back to my desktop, and nothing happens. Do any of you know how to fix this?

Any mods? I'd try verifying the game cache to start.

Disease always makes the supply of a province plummet. In a lot of Europe the terrain is usually good enough you don't notice, but elsewhere....

At the same time, not the brightest idea in the world you have to admit :p

I declared war on a whim because I wanted to give my heir a Satrapy to rule for himself and the truce with the Abbassids would only end in seven years:p.

Lateknight

Banned
What mods? If you are on the newest patch a lot of them still aren't working last I knew. Sorry if you already knew that, just trying to start from the top.

I just have the unique building one selected I don't it's causing the problem but you're right it could be.

My Karen Ironman game at the moment the new update killed it:

qE0g9ht.jpg

And a religion map from some time earlier. Since then Byzantium turned Lollard, the last enclaves of islam were converted, and Hinduism died out.

kJpncAw.jpg

Yuh, I started up my Polish/Wendish game and its like:

Measles/Typhus/Consumption

^^

Everywhere

(sorry im too lazy to post the actual meme) :p:D

Krall

Banned
My Karen Ironman game at the moment the new update killed it:

And a religion map from some time earlier. Since then Byzantium turned Lollard, the last enclaves of islam were converted, and Hinduism died out.

Very nice! If you've got CKII through Steam then you can continue that game by reverting to an earlier version - I think you need to right click the game in your library, go to Properties, and then the Betas tab. There should be a drop-down menu with a few different versions you can use. :)

It seems to have worked I backed up the saves but I don't think it will matter they changed the map nothings to work.

Glad you managed to get it to work.

Anyway what's the deal with breeding these days? I've played a couple of games since the new update and I seem to just get girls. Thought I was just having bad luck but I'm not so sure now.