Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

SUPER excited for Horse Lords. I was playing as Khagan Genghis of the Mongol Empire, probably going to have to restart that game but who cares, this just means I can kick more ass!

Krall

Banned
I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home I'll fire up the old computing engine and get you a map of Italy. Lombardy is slowly turning anglo-saxon. I wish there could be a Saxon-Italian culture.

It's quite easy to add new cultures and events to let them appear - I've added Anglo-Norse and Norse-Gael cultures to my game. I'm not sure whether it'd be that easy with the other mods you're using, though. :eek:

Should work with everything except Ironman games, according to the devs, though there might be minor issues.
From what I read, It should be save game compatible with vanilla. I almost exclusively use CK2+ though, so my saves may be kaput.

Awesome, thanks. Glad to know I can continue to build my Irish Cathar trading empire! :D

It's quite easy to add new cultures and events to let them appear - I've added Anglo-Norse and Norse-Gael cultures to my game. I'm not sure whether it'd be that easy with the other mods you're using, though. :eek:

:D Oh. I don't mod anything, and the most recent mod I did to a game was change the end date from Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game from 1946 to 1980. And I thought that was accomplishment.

Awesome, thanks. Glad to know I can continue to build my Irish Cathar trading empire! :D

Welcome! I tried making a Cathar Ireland, but the Pope wasn't too keen on me and launched a crusade against me. It was my first CK2 playthrough and I was so sad to be destroyed by the damned Papacy.

Also, HORSE LORDS. ITS OUT TODAY!

PRAISE BE TO THE SKY-FATHER!

DTanza

Banned
Playing Horse Lords. It's pretty cool, but... Well, Paradox first day releases, you know?

99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs, you take one down and patch it around...

178 little bugs in the code.

Krall

Banned
:D Oh. I don't mod anything, and the most recent mod I did to a game was change the end date from Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game from 1946 to 1980. And I thought that was accomplishment.

I thought you said you use CKII+? Or do you just mean you don't do any modding yourself?

Welcome! I tried making a Cathar Ireland, but the Pope wasn't too keen on me and launched a crusade against me. It was my first CK2 playthrough and I was so sad to be destroyed by the damned Papacy.

I should be okay - I've got more troops than the rest of the British Isles combined, and given a couple of decades I will *be* the British Isles combined. :D

Provided I keep upgrading my holdings, expand my retinue when I can, and put a bunch of money aside to buy some mercenaries if I need to then I should be okay. The only country that is close enough and powerful enough to threaten me at the moment is West Francia, and I don't think the AI is competent enough to use its army effectively. I've been thinking of switching to another country anyway - the Serene Republic of Eire is starting to get OP. There's a big kingdom of Ruthenia in the east that I could take control of and reform the Slavic faith, or I could take control of West Francia and sort out the digusting mess of borders in western Europe.

Out of curiosity given some modding I am doing for my AAR, but how plausible is it for a mid-10th century Turk Chief to be Jewish?

Mahaps as likely as it was for 9th Century Khazars to do so.

Okay then, I am sure I could even justify it some how too. In some of my test play-throughs with the MOD I and a helper are doing i have had the Seljuk event happen and I figured with this being near 200 years of divergence someone named Seljuk would probably not be rising up.

Asami

Banned
I'm playing a unique campaign. Hungarian British Isles. The Tengri Hungarian Feudal Britannia and the Tengri Hungarian Nomadic Ireland formed after a nomadic courtier from the old Magyar lands came to my court.

I have another campaign as the Karluks but the nomadic mechanics are a wee bit confusing...

Last edited:
So, in my Byzantine playthrough Basileus Teophilos the Black has just defeated a revolt to lower Crown Authority and now he has some 11 Strategos and an Exarch sitting in his dungeons.

What do you guys think that its the better option: leave them rotting to stop further rebellions, ransom them or revoke their titles?

And just to be clear, Teophilos is the Spawn of Satan.

So, in my Byzantine playthrough Basileus Teophilos the Black has just defeated a revolt to lower Crown Authority and now he has some 11 Strategos and an Exarch sitting in his dungeons.

What do you guys think that its the better option: leave them rotting to stop further rebellions, ransom them or revoke their titles?

And just to be clear, Teophilos is the Spawn of Satan.

"Friend of G-d" is the spawn of Satan? Your computer's irony processor must be top-notch.

I have been trying to learn it but I keep getting rebelions who at some point almost always outnumber me, I am starting to get them under control but sometimes after a war I can't contain them fast enough and then the elective monarchy revolt starts plunging most of my realm in chaos if I'm unlucky.
I really want to get Byzantium( the old gods start) to work, any advice for me?

I'm liking the new tributary mechanic. I don't even care about the money, particularly, but winning the trubitary wars impresses the hell out of your vassals. I'm not keen on the way it is represented on the map, though.

"Friend of G-d" is the spawn of Satan? Your
computer's irony processor must be top-notch.

By the time he ascended to the throne he was already a known murderer with his remaining brothers hating him for attempted assassinations. :p

And his father died during a battle in which the Byzantine host was commanded by him. My headcannon is that young Teo used the confusion to kill his father.

I have been trying to learn it but I keep getting rebelions who at some point almost always outnumber me, I am starting to get them under control but sometimes after a war I can't contain them fast enough and then the elective monarchy revolt starts plunging most of my realm in chaos if I'm unlucky.
I really want to get Byzantium( the old gods start) to work, any advice for me?

I never tried the Old Gods start with Byzantium to be honest but in my playthrough on the Charlemagne start I assassinated some heirless vassals to reach my demense limit, destroying ducal titles as needed and focused on Lombardy and the Uqaylids to build up strength to take on the Abbassids. Not sure if it will work on the Old Gods however.

Maybe he's Messalian?:)

Iconoclast for life! Down with the Orthodox heresy.

Though to be honest I've always wanted to do a Messalian playthrough. Any suggestions? I don't think they have landed characters.

And changing the subject, did anyone else noticed that they cut a lot of the Saffarid event troops? In my new Dihistan game the Tahirids even managed to defeat and kill Ya'qub.

Though to be honest I've always wanted to do a Messalian playthrough. Any suggestions? I don't think they have landed characters.

They don't, but they're just a Nestorian heresy, so all you have to do is play as a Nestorian or convert to Nestorianism (which you can do either through the provincial conversion decision or by sending your heir off to be educated by the Patriarch of the East, who always exists in Antioch), then wait for Messalianism to pop up (which it probably will due to your low moral authority unless you conquered the Middle East first), then convert to it. Or have your court chaplain culture spread, given the probability of him converting to a heresy in the process.

The way I did it for my Nestorian Persia play through that was sadly terminated when the save was corrupted was to start as the Saffarids and send Ya'qub's heirs off to be educated by the Patriarch. This worked out splendidly, though I didn't convert to Messalianism when it was offered (I didn't want to).

B-29_Bomber

Banned
By the time he ascended to the throne he was already a known murderer with his remaining brothers hating him for attempted assassinations. :p

And his father died during a battle in which the Byzantine host was commanded by him. My headcannon is that young Teo used the confusion to kill his father.

I never tried the Old Gods start with Byzantium to be honest but in my playthrough on the Charlemagne start I assassinated some heirless vassals to reach my demense limit, destroying ducal titles as needed and focused on Lombardy and the Uqaylids to build up strength to take on the Abbassids. Not sure if it will work on the Old Gods however.

Iconoclast for life! Down with the Orthodox heresy.

And changing the subject, did anyone else noticed that they cut a lot of the Saffarid event troops? In my new Dihistan game the Tahirids even managed to defeat and kill Ya'qub.

I've played Byzies in 867 and it's fairly easy as the Muslim world is pretty fractured and conquering the De Jure east is pretty easy, though there are times where the Abbasids will blob I hear, it's never anywhere near as bad as 769.

I've played Byzies in 867 and it's fairly easy as the Muslim world is pretty fractured and conquering the De Jure east is pretty easy, though there are times where the Abbasids will blob I hear, it's never anywhere near as bad as 769.

Yup, started a game as Vandad Karen and so far the Saffarids have failed to establish their dominance over Persia, Ya'qub died and his infant son is fighting the Tahirid counter-invasion, an uncle trying to take over his throne and another one (this one being the vassal of a Muslim Maharajah) trying to seize his capital.

Meanwhile the Abbassids are riddled with independence and tyranny revolts, the Tulunids have spent the last six years in a civil war between the Sultan and the Emir of Alexandria who rules nearly half of Egypt and the Ummayyad Sultan just got hit by a small revolt in southeastern Spain.

So....has this happened to anyone else?

ck2_9_zpsgvyf15aa.png

By the way, anyone else loving the Silk Road feature?:D