Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

All hail the great Kingdom of Alba Nuadh and the Maritimes! Curse those Lovecraftian occultists of new England!

(In other news I really like the After the End mod)
Wi8vAm7.jpg

All hail the great Kingdom of Alba Nuadh and the Maritimes! Curse those Lovecraftian occultists of new England!

(In other news I really like the After the End mod)

Wait, Lovecraftian occultists? The after the end mod has Lovecraftian occultists? If I knew this I would have been playing it months ago.

Lateknight

Banned
Can I have a link to the latest version of that mod not from paradox preferably because I can't resister an account there for some reason.

I started as the Duke of Anjou in 1066 and married Matilda of Tuscany and our first born son was the spawn of Satan and I didn't realize that being the son of the devil gives you amazing stats and attributes

Dirk

Banned
I started as the Duke of Anjou in 1066 and married Matilda of Tuscany and our first born son was the spawn of Satan and I didn't realize that being the son of the devil gives you amazing stats and attributes

Ugh, dude...I mean, I know she's got big booty borders and all, but a man's gotta have standards. Me, if it's realistic to do so I usually snatch up Margaret or Cristina of Wessex, or else one of Duke Bastard's daughters (preferably Adele). Sexy characters are a must.

While I'm waiting my turn for the succession game, I have continued a game I had started as Charlemagne. Currently playing my fourth ruler, Holy Roman Emperor Adrien II the Great.

One thing I'll remember from this: holding too many kingdoms is a mess. Especially once you've switched all of them to elective and they each are an electoral rank to your empire... I have such a high penalty with my vassals I'm starting to think they'lle be happier if I switch to Primogeniture... Except I can't because too many of them hate my guts. I also have to switch dynastic heirs rather often, not too mention murder non-dynastic heirs that get too many votes.

Didn't go much on conquest ever since the days of good old Karolus Magnus as I pretty much hold the OTL Carolingian Empire. Bavaria is the only territory I haven't conquered, but it's allied via marriage ties. And I don't really need to expand because my vassals are doing it for me: my cousin the King of Italy recently conquered Barcelona.

In the rest of the world, the Suomenusko faith has reformed and it's actually pretty deadly. Lithuania is under the Sons of Kaleva, which results in the Romuva faith dying. I think Germanic believer are crapping their pants with a rather powerful Catholicism to their south and an expanding Suomenusko to their east. I point this out, because people generally mention the Germanic faith or the Tengri faith as being among the most dangerous pagan religions.
araraya said:
Wait, Lovecraftian occultists? The after the end mod has Lovecraftian occultists? If I knew this I would have been playing it months ago.
Personnally, it's on my "to get" list if only because I can play as "The Tribe of the Mouse" in Florida or as Mayor Bruce Wayne :p

I'm just waiting for the next official release.

Personnally, it's on my "to get" list if only because I can play as "The Tribe of the Mouse" in Florida or as Mayor Bruce Wayne :p

I knew about the Tribe of the Mouse, that will probably be my third start though once i get around to installing the mod. Did not know about MAyor Bruce Wayne. Personally i've been waiting for more of the Western areas before I try it, being from Wyoming I must start there and no where else. Apparently they added parts of Colorado in the latest update, so maybe in the next update I'll get what I want. Is there any rhyme or reason to their release schedule or is just it happens when it happens?

araraya said:
Did not know about MAyor Bruce Wayne.
Me neither. I actually discovered it thanks to ParadoxExtra, the YouTube Channel of Paradox. They sometimes do showcase of the mods created by users (which is a nice touch) and did so with After the End. That's where I saw that you could play as the Wayne dynasty. That said, at the start, you must technically play as Thomas Wayne first, but his son Bruce is most likely his heir.
araraya said:
Personally i've been waiting for more of the Western areas before I try it, being from Wyoming I must start there and no where else. Apparently they added parts of Colorado in the latest update, so maybe in the next update I'll get what I want.
From what I understood, the modders desire to cover the territory from coast to coast, so you will eventually get your wish. With every update, they're probably going to try to cover the map a bit more.
araraya said:
Is there any rhyme or reason to their release schedule or is just it happens when it happens?
From what I could judge, it's more "when it happens".

2 things, tribe of the mouse is actually tribal so be careful and, you can't play as Bruce Wayne you have to be Thomas Wayne

EDIT: Ninja'd by Paradox

Ugh, dude...I mean, I know she's got big booty borders and all, but a man's gotta have standards. Me, if it's realistic to do so I usually snatch up Margaret or Cristina of Wessex, or else one of Duke Bastard's daughters (preferably Adele). Sexy characters are a must.

Well, my son is going to inherit central Italy once she dies and he's married to the heiress of Aquitaine, Poitou, Bourbon, Guyenne, and, Auverne... So the Angevins will make their mark. Also, Matilda of Tuscany is pretty with the Mediterranean skin DLC... However, none of her kids got any Med skin... They all took after the Frenchness of their father.

Plus his brothers are engaged to some heiresses in their own right, second born son is marrying the (once her brother dies) heiress of the Kingdom of Brittany; third born son is marrying the duchess of Toulouse; and, fourth born son is betrothed to the heiress of the Duke of Apulia and Siciliy.

His two sisters are marrying the heirs to the King of England and the King of Hungary.

I've had this problem too. Every time I try to save (or Ironman autosaves) I get a message that says it failed to save for unknown reasons. I've been running low on RAM. Is that related to it at all?

Every other time my game auto saves it crashes so I feel your pain

Dirk

Banned
It's better than the Turkish skin dlc

Eh...I don't know about that.

Anyway, I snatched this guy's spouse once when subjugating Norway as Harald Fairhair, and now he killed his erstwhile duke-liege in a duel, which reverted the duchy and duke's county to me, and allowed me to attempt to imprison him. Sadly he evaded imprisonment, so my raids were put on hold for half a year while I went and besieged his shit...and turned his second wife into my other concubine :D Needless to say I won and took the county, then executed him. Currently rolling in dough and prestige, planning a raid on Rome soon.

1iNU939.jpg

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...Zarathushtrish-Zoroastrianism-expanded/page26

I restarted this old Zoroastrian mod and added in lots of new stuff any of you guys are interested, when I get CM I plan to make a playable Sassanid Governate of Persia which should be fun.

Anyways what I need some help with is my map of the tarim basin
attachment.php

I made it up based off some maps I saw of China and the area on the map and I have no clue if its half decent or not. I posted the same on the CKII thread but havent gotten any comments on it.

I've had this problem too. Every time I try to save (or Ironman autosaves) I get a message that says it failed to save for unknown reasons. I've been running low on RAM. Is that related to it at all?
My case is different,as when i press "Save",the hourglass appears,but...

it didnt save,despite the hourglass appearing for more than 45 secs,just like a regular save

My case is different,as when i press "Save",the hourglass appears,but...

it didnt save,despite the hourglass appearing for more than 45 secs,just like a regular save

For me, the hourglass appears for maybe 5-15 seconds, then a pop-up screen appears that says "Failed to save for unknown reasons".