Cronus Invictus: An Alternate Console Wars (Something a bit different)

MrP

Banned
I spy GoldenEye - excellent! :D

Just caught up with this - only really played a couple of Alex Kidd games back in the day, and some things on the ol' Mega-PC, but enjoying the ride. :)

Thande

Donor
GoldenEye, Rogue Squadron, CNC, Mario 64, and two other things I can't make out--looks like you got to reap the gold pot, Thande. :)
Here's a less me-heavy view of same, below.

Apart from Sonic--never thought much of that series.
I would kill you, but we are talking about Sonic Adventure here...

ME A.JPG

No Playstation? The Sega Genesis player in me is grinning profusely.:D After Sega went under I kinda got out of video games, until Nintendo seduced me with Gameboy color.

~Salamon2

Back on Topic!

Apple: would they still produce iMacs, and would they still be called iMacs?

Would they still produce an iPod analogue and what would that be called?

Even further on Topic

Would Apple make its own games for the Macintosh (or more of them) in this TL?

Back on Topic!

Apple: would they still produce iMacs, and would they still be called iMacs?

Would they still produce an iPod analogue and what would that be called?

Even further on Topic

Would Apple make its own games for the Macintosh (or more of them) in this TL?

As long as Jobs returns to Apple, it will head on a similar tangent as OTL. If Microsoft are more game focused with Windows I can't see Apple being bothered, the Mac has never been a gaming platform of note, only know that it has Intel chips, but even then.

I can imagine the butterflies from Apple not popularising the use of 'iSomething' that has pretty much spread like wildfire through the consumer industry. But as I say, If you have Jobs and Ive at Apple still, it would follow the same path.

Thande

Donor
I've been meaning to get back to this for a while. However rather than just continuing, I want to go back and do a v2.0 which will just be a few corrections and additions. This is because I wrote this by the seat of my pants (not literally) and accidentally missed out a couple of threads I wanted to incorporate, most prominently the different fate for the Mega Man series.

To that end, then, are there any games or franchises I have not mentioned that you would be interested in knowing the fate of in this TL? PC games as well as consoles. I'll leave this open for a few days and then begin reorganising the TL to incorporate these as well as the additions I want to make myself.

On the PC front, I'm interested in Star Control and Myst (which I think you didn't mention), and I can't recall right now if you mentioned Metroid.

To that end, then, are there any games or franchises I have not mentioned that you would be interested in knowing the fate of in this TL? PC games as well as consoles. I'll leave this open for a few days and then begin reorganising the TL to incorporate these as well as the additions I want to make myself.
I would personally like to know what's gone on with the Castlevania franchise ITTL as well as Konami in general. Capcom, too. Don't forget ToeJam & Earl (or at least an analog this time), eh? ;) And as I've said, with Gunpei Yokoi's death butterflied away, that should create some interesting butterflies, especially in regards to Metroid...

This is also a personal suggestion - will we eventually get any mention of Legend of Zelda timeline debates, Thande? I'm not sure if you're aware, but these days it's somewhat of a serious topic among the Zelda theorizing fanbase. Of course, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is probably what really made it popular...

If you want more details on the LoZ timeline topic, feel free to PM me about it. I'll be happy to explain.

I know we haven't quite gotten there yet, since we're still a few years off and I have no clue to what point you're going to carry this TL, but I'd like to see what happens ITTL's version of a *Medal of Honor/*Call of Duty rivalry, if such a thing takes place. For example, would it start with WWII? Would there be a jump to modern or some other wars?

By the way, glad to see this back!

I'd like to know what "Firaxis" gets up to (Sid Meier, basically). Also, Maxis. They were my "in" to computer games :eek: Maybe some words on the fighter simulator genre?

Other than that, most of the games I really like won't be released for a few years after the current end of TTL, even in OTL, so I suppose they're more than likely butterflied...

I'd like to know what "Firaxis" gets up to (Sid Meier, basically).

I second this and the MicroProse post above it. If the Civilization series is any different, I want to know about it. It doesn't have to be different, though. Civilization is already the greatest game ever.

And I also second the Maxis part of the comment, and I would love to know if the Sims turn out to be different at all.

I just read through this. Awesone TL, cannot wait for 1997. Plus I'm rather curious about what role Satoru Iwata's going to play ITTL. Considering his role in turning OTL Nintendo's fortunes around, it'd be a waste for him not to have a hand in how TTL's Nintendo is run.

I'd like to know about the Megami Tensei games. Besides what was released outside Japan OTL, will Atlus release Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Devil Summoner, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, and the SMT mainline series remakes in the West in TTL? In OTL Sony denied the release of Soul Hackers in the North America, but since they're not here to get in the way. . .:D
I'd imagine ITTL Atlus would make the main series remakes multiplatform releases and the Persona and Devil Summoner series as exclusives for Nintendo and Sega, respectively.

Last edited: