Cronus Invictus: An Alternate Console Wars (Something a bit different)

Well, the Mega Drive and SNES had online gameplay, albeit only in America and via a third-party peripheral. The Dreamcast was more the first one designed from the start for online gameplay.
Hell the Famicom had online gameplay.

Microbeasts? Sounds like something extremely mundane and American. I don't know... maybe Pokemon is one of those roses that would smell just as sweet when you call it by any other name.

Looks like Nintendo of America won out when it came to naming the franchise, and by the sound of it they only released one version at launch. Should I hazard a guess, and guess the the future edition would be called "Microbeasts: Fire"?

What a brave, new console world it is. Considering I had a Super Nintendo, and then a Playstation IOTL, I would probably have an Ultra Nintendo (This name kicks ass), or a Atari Leopard (Too bad Tomb Raider doesn't have Lara Croft ITTL). The other consoles are nice and well, but I was not even 10 by this age, so my parents wouldn't have bought all console for me :D

But I'd like to know what Sony is up to. Maybe they are finally entering the console race...

So no one has ever made 32 bit cartidge games?
The capability seems to be there, I'd have imagined some companies for at least one game as an experiment would go for load speeds over storage/cheapness.

I like the duel console/duel cd side idea. Odd how you don't see duel siders so much IOTL though.

And for the reecord I rather liked Sonic 3d. It looked absolutely amazing to me at the time, I couldn't believe it was the mega drive I was playing

Last edited:
Some Predictions for the TL's future

Later versions of Windows
Windows Version OTL Version
Windows 4.1 Windows 98
Windows 4.5 Windows ME

There is panic about Y2K, but that doesn't cause any issues just as it didn't in OTL.

6th Generation Consoles
?
Nintendo: Something similar to the Gamecube. Possibly keeping the x-NES name scheme going.
Sega: Something similar to Dreamcast?
Atari:?

Some Predictions for the TL's future

Later versions of Windows
Windows Version OTL Version
Windows 4.1 Windows 98
Windows 4.5 Windows ME

I'm seeing ATL Windows 98 (and future versions) being more gaming focused, since Microsoft entered earlier on the gaming war. This might even hurt the compatibility of the other OS, more than OTL, making them less important.

Or maybe the opposite, with someone releasing a true gaming OS for the PC, with exclusives. Now that made me think...

6th Generation Consoles
?
Nintendo: Something similar to the Gamecube. Possibly keeping the x-NES name scheme going.
Sega: Something similar to Dreamcast?
Atari:?

Atari: Hm...what about Snow Leopard? :D
On a more serious note, given the cat names...how about Tiger, or Lion, or Ocelot? Actually, Ocelot sounds really good.

I actually think, if we're keeping of the names of certain Biblical books in North America, the Sega Exodus sounds pretty awesome... :D

They never did that though. They only did it in America as their chosen name was already copyrighted.
Funny they would pick a religiously themed alternative in America though :D

Thande

Donor
I know I haven't updated this lately, but hopefully this photo of my Christmas haul should explain why...

ME A.JPG

GoldenEye, Rogue Squadron, CNC, Mario 64, and two other things I can't make out--looks like you got to reap the gold pot, Thande. :) Apart from Sonic--never thought much of that series.