Could The Venetian Republic Unite Italy?

I think Venice shouldn't try to expand into Italy at first, instead the Italianization in its lands in Dalmatia and Greece would be better. Because while Venice is the richest city, the largest workforce comes from Dalmatia and it would be better for them to feel more Italian than Yugoslav. Although perhaps it should be done peacefully like giving Venetian citizenship rights to those who speak Italian and live in Venetian lands.
On the other hand, they could declare war on Genoa (if they are in a position of power) and take their Genoese lands in Greece and Crimea.
My idea is to make Venecia a powerful power with a strong army and marine, and the steppe colonies like Yugoslavia would provide the necessary manpower.
It could also build the Suez Canal alongside the Malemucos (or conquer it in their weakness) and have African colonies in the Red Sea.
The colonies in the Pontic Steppes could provide trade with Persia and India, while the Red Sea with Africa and Arabia. You could even have your trade route to China being in control of Suez, and have colonies in the East Indies. All this trade going to Venice could prevent it from declining in power unlike the rest of Italy when the Mediterranean is no longer so important.
I really don't see Venice because of its geographical position colonizing America, more could win colonies leading a war against the decadent Spain.
Even so, both Russia and the Ottomans would try to conquer the Greek lands and the steppes, although if Venice manages to be a kind of Great Britain with its colonies and armies it could be strong enough to push them back, somewhat easier if it has powerful alliances and consequently it should avoid unifying italy to prevent a League of Cambrai. Should he win a war against the Ottomans, he could take Greece, Albania, and Constantinople, although it would be better to "liberate" Bulgaria as a Russian buffer. Maintaining Constantinople would only be recommended if the Italianization was effective in the steppes, because it would be difficult to maintain said territory (or colonies) without controlling the Strait.
The Greeks and Italians are Roman "cousins" and it should be easier to Italianize them, or at least to convert the Greek language into a sub Italian language such as Veneto and Sardinian (which curiously do not have Italian origin)
Italianization should be a priority, Venice needs its colonies to be Italian, so when the age of nationalism arrives it is able to maintain them strongly, perhaps annex them because Venice, although very rich by itself, does not have a strong manpower and army.
It is when nationalism arises strongly in Europe that a powerful Venice could take the role of Sardinia - Piedmont and unify Italy.
It would be interesting to see an Italy with Yugoslavia, Albania, Greece, Constantinople and the Steppes. And Maybe you keep some islands in the East Indies and America. I don't know if it is possible to keep the land in Africa, it would require a strong Italian migration as a minimum and I don't know if it would be enough.

Last edited:
With a little Luck would unify the north...but i think they would not be interested south of Florence, not even rome at all..