Confused (Red alert question)

This has been annoying me for a while. The original Red Alert Universe (1 and 2) was created by Einstein going back in time and killing Hitler and mistakenly creating a much stronger USSR.
In the third one the Russians build their own time machine and go back in time to rid the Allies of their technological superiority.
They kill Einstein (in 1929 I believe) before he goes back and kills Hitler (after WW2) so wouldn't the timeline change to be similar to OTL with the only major changes would be the lack of Einstein's
contributions to the science and other things he set in motion.

Sachyriel

Banned
Well it is, there are still people on the world and we've not perished in nuclear fire. Similar enough for a RTS game to take place where a war happens.

Sachyriel

Banned
The Red Alert timeline is internally inconsistent? :eek:

Shake it, baby!

*shoots Benkarnell with a Chron tank*

He was sent to a time where it does. :p

633791990638821640-dowhatchronotankwants.jpg

They kill Einstein (in 1929 I believe) before he goes back and kills Hitler (after WW2) so wouldn't the timeline change to be similar to OTL with the only major changes would be the lack of Einstein's

Presumably they then went ahead and killed Hitler as well?

This has been annoying me for a while. The original Red Alert Universe (1 and 2) was created by Einstein going back in time and killing Hitler and mistakenly creating a much stronger USSR.
In the third one the Russians build their own time machine and go back in time to rid the Allies of their technological superiority.

Short answer: EA didn't give any kind of a shit on the timeline or storyline, just accept in, MST3K mantra, etc etc

Basically, they were already in a seperate timeline, so any timetravel in that one would only affect that specific timeline.

And beside, you're overthinking it. The original one had the Soviets pulling megatanks and invulnerability devices out of their asses, the second one went insane, and the third one went to Arkham Asylum. The Red Alert story was never meant to be analysed like this, dammit! :p

Basically, they were already in a seperate timeline, so any timetravel in that one would only affect that specific timeline.

And beside, you're overthinking it. The original one had the Soviets pulling megatanks and invulnerability devices out of their asses, the second one went insane, and the third one went to Arkham Asylum. The Red Alert story was never meant to be analysed like this, dammit! :p

Even if you or rusty2005 are able to do extra long text about the inner mechanic of it

No, not quite. I think you may be conflating our timeline with the RA1/RA2 one. When the Soviets went back in time to remove Einstein, they didn't remove OTL Einstein (the one who invented a time machine in 1946 and erased Hitler, and who has nothing to do with the RA universe after the intro movie to RA1), they erased the RA universe's Einstein (the guy who invented chrono and prism technology and who had absolutely nothing to do with Hitler).

Hope that explains things a bit.

I'd have thought they'd justified it since Hitler gets bumped off in 1924 and Einstein in 1927, that it means both are dead due to some kind of paradox. The whole game is totally insane in concept and tech anyway so what's it matter? Has anyone actually done a plausible POD and backstory for such a scenario or similar one?

I'd have thought they'd justified it since Hitler gets bumped off in 1924 and Einstein in 1927, that it means both are dead due to some kind of paradox. The whole game is totally insane in concept and tech anyway so what's it matter? Has anyone actually done a plausible POD and backstory for such a scenario or similar one?
I though Hitler was killed a bit later than '27, but whatever. I mean in the first one Einstein's assistant apparently wan't affected by the time change because I'm pretty sure he asks Einstein if he got 'him'. So really the problem lies most deeply with the first one if there's any serious issues.

Red Alert 3 did not happen so why worry about it?

(I continue to believe Red Alert 2 did happen, although what sort of Time travel Kane was involved in remains a mystery).

Check this out. A combination of both the original RA series and Tiberium Wars combined.