Confederate Missouri or Kentucky

Which is more likely to be given to the Confederacy, Missouri or Kentucky

• Missouri

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 71 88.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with what others have said. Kentucky would most likely officially secede from the US after a Confederate victory somewhere. I think that if the CSA won the Battle of Antietam then Kentucky would secede, and then Missouri may have followed it after another victory at somewhere such as Philadelphia or maybe even Washington, if Lee got his skates on.

I agree with what others have said. Kentucky would most likely officially secede from the US after a Confederate victory somewhere.

Those two sentences completely contradict each other.

I think that if the CSA won the Battle of Antietam then Kentucky would secede, and then Missouri may have followed it after another victory at somewhere such as Philadelphia or maybe even Washington, if Lee got his skates on.

By Antietam there was zero chance of Kentucky seceding.

Anaxagoras

Banned
I think it's worth pointing out that, in the 1864 election, Missouri voted overwhelmingly for Lincoln while Kentucky voted overwhelmingly for McClellan.

Abhakhazia

Banned
Kentucky has a Southern attitude throughout, while Missouri's north and center are more like neighboring downstate Illinois, Iowa and Kansas. Only the Arkansas like Ozarks are Southern-ish.

I would have thought that was obvious.

Unless you're trying to say that Missouri must have been really Unionist to vote for Lincoln, no, it isn't. Because "voting for McClellan means pro-Confederate sympathies" makes New Jersey hankering to secede too.

Abhakhazia: A Southern attitude throughout?

Even if that's true - and I don't know enough about Kentucky to say it isn't - what does that have to do with Kentuckians being less pro-union than Missourians?