Columbian North: A TL

. If the Portuguese have Potosi, the Spanish are certainly getting it.

Don't forget the historic Anglo-Portuguese alliance. ;)

I'm currently really busy, but I'll start working on this again come March. In the meantime I'm really wondering about two things. First, I'm not sure what to do with France. If I'm not mistaken, France is currently the Bogeyman of Europe, hence all the 'Holy Alliances' against it. If Spain invades Portugal I think France might capitalize on it; but I'm not sure when France will start colonizing. They may not even colonize TTL. Due to the Treaty of Zaragoza, by the time they start most of the good areas will probably be claimed by England, Spain, and Portugal. However, I may work something out for France. What do you guys think?

Secondly, I'm not sure what to do about the Netherlands. They were a Spanish posession at this point, correct? I plan to have them throw off the Spanish earlier due to the lack of Mexican gold. I'm not sure what would draw them to settling TTL, though. I may give them Louisiana.

Spanish North America

I believe that if Columbus landed at Nova Scotia instead of the Caribbean that Latin America as we know it would of been of what is now Canada and the United States. The English, on the other hand, would have settled in South America and USA would be located maybe, modern-day Brazil.
I believe that the English would be a lot better off and the Spanish worse off if this were the way.
(Note: Spanish colonies were heterogenous while English colonies remained homogenous).
That would be cool if the USA compromised of South America.

I'm currently really busy, but I'll start working on this again come March. In the meantime I'm really wondering about two things. First, I'm not sure what to do with France. If I'm not mistaken, France is currently the Bogeyman of Europe, hence all the 'Holy Alliances' against it. If Spain invades Portugal I think France might capitalize on it; but I'm not sure when France will start colonizing. They may not even colonize TTL. Due to the Treaty of Zaragoza, by the time they start most of the good areas will probably be claimed by England, Spain, and Portugal. However, I may work something out for France. What do you guys think?

Secondly, I'm not sure what to do about the Netherlands. They were a Spanish posession at this point, correct? I plan to have them throw off the Spanish earlier due to the lack of Mexican gold. I'm not sure what would draw them to settling TTL, though. I may give them Louisiana.

Perhaps the French and Dutch turn their attention to Africa and the Middle East? Spain gets the furs but France gets the oil?

Alexander MMAS

In regards to Cash and whmann1988, I think there ideas are pretty good. Though no mention of French colonies in America maybe have them settle in OTL Mexico, Southern California, and or small parts of SA. Also I don't think the Spanish would have been worse off given the northern climate, Atlantica and most of Canada would be one Spanish country, probably Mexico(Spanish would also have diamonds-NW Territories, gold-California-Washington-etc, and some other valuables I'm sure:rolleyes:). Whatever way you choose to do this TL I hope it turns out great.:) Oh, and the thumbs down just kiding.