Collaborative Map Challenge: Federation of Israel-Palestine

So, today I was thinking about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and, after some comments on my first map on the map thread, I made this version:

attachment.php

However, I quickly realised this would never work out well, so I started thinking about a one-state solution... After some discussion on the map thread, I said this:

I think one of the best ideas would be combining the Alternative Palestinian Agenda with a slightly smaller West Bank (as to take into account the larger Jewish majority areas due to big settlements) plus creating 'free cities' in which both many Arabs and Jews live: Nazareth, Jaffa/Jafo, Ramleh/Ramla and Ludd/Lod. Those free cities would be part of the federation, of course, but they would have some autonomy, like the two major parts - Palestine and Israel. Jerusalem (united) would be the capital city, obviously.

EDIT - The Golan Heights could be under total UN administration until a solution is found: returning to Syria isn't an option with the civil war going on, but neither is simply giving this annexed area to Israel-Palestine.

Then, someone pointed out that Israeli Arabs aren't the same people as Palestinian Arabs. This poses another challenge. Moreover, this group of Arabs includes Muslims, Christians and Druze.

So, my proposal is to edit my map in such way that we have created a potentially viable Federation of Israel-Palestine, which needs:
  • An Israeli (Jewish) part which includes Israel, plus the largest and oldest settlements in the West Bank;
  • A Palestine part comprising the Gaza Strip, most of the West Bank and all additional areas of the Alternative Palestinian Plan which don't have a Druze or Christian majority (so actually the areas with a majority of Muslim Israeli Arabs);
  • A Druze/Christian part, if possible (this map might be helpful);
  • Free cities (cities without a clear ethnic majority): Nazareth, Jaffa, Ramla and Jod (any others?);
  • The capital city, Jerusalem (any suggestions for the borders of the capital district? how about Bethlehem?);
  • UN-administered Golan Heights.

If there are any other suggestions for improvements, don't hesitate to post them! Also, feel free to use the base map I made for anything you want (I also have one with present-day borders).

Both the Israelis and Palestinians are removed and dispersed to appropriate countries, and the territory is given to Buddhists. Because seriously, how can anyone have a problem with Buddhists. :p

Palestine.png

I'm half tempted to post a map of the Jewish Autonomous Oblast jokingly.

I'll have a go with a nonstandard solution, though. Dividing the land between the Arabic and Judaic populations isn't the only possible solution.

By the way, I forgot to mention Acre (Akko) as a 'free city' and I wasn't sure if I mentioned that Bedouin villages should go to the Palestine areas too.

Well, in the scheme I posited there are three partially separate sets of governments.

The first, denoted by the colours, are the three National Councils. They each have a seperate National Charter, akin to a constitution, which they must obtain permission from the Central Administration to change. They each have a separate judicial system for crimes committed within their territories. The majority of laws are decided upon by the Councilmen through Charter-moderated vote, though things such as the Age of Consent and minimum drinking age are decided by the separate system of the Governorates. Councilmen, judges, and other members of the National Council System can not also take part in either of the other two governments. The councilmen are chosen by vote from the populace of each Governorate, the number possible being linked to the population of each Governorate. For this purpose and this purpose only, each NC's territory in a given Governorate acts as a separate unit.

The second government are the Governorates, denoted by the gray borders. They control certain local laws. The Police and Militia are attached to and controlled by the Governorates, but they must also uphold the laws of the NCs. Each Governorate also acts as a census and voting district, and the monitoring of those activities is the responsibility of the Governorates themselves. The titular Governors are elected every 5 years by vote, and must have lived in their Governorate for 20 years. In order to vote, you must have lived in the Governorate for 8 years- the voting age, however, varies by Governorate. The borders between Governorates are otherwise completely open, although the borders between NCs are restricted and require one to apply for citizenship for a stay exceeding a year. Governors can not also participate in the NCs or CA.

The third and final government is the Central Administration. They have sway over foreign policy, the central Armed Forces, im- and emigration laws, tariffs, and many other things. Power is divided between the Prime Minister, the head of government, who is elected every 3 years by the entire populace; and the three Vicechancellors, heads of state, chosen by the NCs. Additionally, some powers are delegated to lesser ministers, of which there are hundreds. Many are essentially powerless, whilst some groups act as units such as the five Agricultural Ministers. The most important are elected by the populace at large, whilst minor ministers are chosen by the elected ones. Ministers can not also be Governors or Councilmen.

This probably isn't the most sensical of systems, because I haven't exactly had any education on government. Feel free to discuss possible ways to fix it, I suppose.

Here is a facebook group of Israelis and Palestinians who want to found a federation of Israel and Palestine:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/federip/

And here is their proposed map for this federation:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=http...88571,34.94441&sspn=7.152345,9.876709&t=m&z=7

Personally, as an Israeli, I like the idea of there being two national autonomies under one federal government, each responsible for its communities' linguistic, cultural, educational etc. issues, but I might also add that to prevent further ethnic clashes each national autonomy should have some powers when it comes to settlement and immigration within its districts, with the federal districts obviously being open for everyone.

Well, in the scheme I posited there are three partially separate sets of governments.

This probably isn't the most sensical of systems, because I haven't exactly had any education on government. Feel free to discuss possible ways to fix it, I suppose.

Sounds pretty reasonable nevertheless. However, shall we start making the map (possibly your map combined with my ideas in the OP) and then discuss the governments etc.?

I have really worked hard on the West Bank today, and the file I've attached (a Paint.NET file) is the result, without the added areas outside the current borders of the West Bank which have a Palestinian/Arab majority and are to be added to the Palestinian District, yet. (I'm sorry it's such a huge file, by the way. This was my main source: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/Westbankjan06.jpg)

Okay, so because of the file's hugeness, I couldn't upload it, so click here to get it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Uus8WNiwkvSFFkeGhsdVlqSzg/

Oh, and note that I created a Jordan Valley Federal District. This Federal District is an area superimposed on the normal Districts, which essentially just means more federal control and authority (i.e. policemen from the Federal Government, strict laws on building houses and establishing settlements etc.).