Charles II has a heir

What if Charles II of Spain has a son to take the throne? Would the war of Spanish Succession be avoided or would the Bourbons still try to take Spain from the Hasburgs?

I don't think the Bourbons would just up and grab the throne of Spain if Charles clearly had a direct heir.

Agreed, no war.

(Slightly disapointed, though: When I saw the title I thought that this thread would be about Charles II of England fathering one or more legitimate children...)

Simreeve said:
(Slightly disapointed, though: When I saw the title I thought that this thread would be about Charles II of England fathering one or more legitimate children...)

Me too. Hmph.

If Charles II of Spain fathers a son, he'll be a) remarkably lucky and b) likely father to a child with multiple disabilities.

The Spanish Habsburg line was thoroughly rotten by the time you get to Charles II: I honestly doubt it would continue long past him.

EDIT: Of course, that doesn't preclude a willing stable boy being called to 'do national service' by Charles' wife or councillors upon realising just how dire the situation is...

I doubt it would be even possible. According to the doctor who did his autopsy, "he had a single testicle which was as black as carbon". Even if he was fertile, the child would have had the same problems as him.