Challenge: TL-191 computer game

This game can be an FPS, an RTS or an MMORPG. As long as the game relates to the events in TL-191. Enjoy...

As for me, I have an idea for such a game. I was thinking that this game be a mod of the popular WWII RTS game, Company of Heroes. The time period for this game would be set during the Second Great War . The factions that I was planning to include in the mod would be the US Army, the Freedom Party Guards, the Central Powers and the Triple Entente Powers.

Why not a grand strategy game, like Victoria or Hearts of Iron? That would be a lot quicker to produce. Just make a mod, or even just a map.

heh well RTS would be too much like a WWII game

I think the semi-dead genre of adventure game could have give it the most interesting angle

Hearts of Iron II was modded already. I've played several times.

The most interesting was when I took the USA. I crushed the CSA, but on the same day I annexed the CSA, there was news from Europe.

Britain, France and Russia annexed Germany. Austria and the Ottomans fell soon after.

Interesting game after that - Uber America vs the rest of the world...

Mike

Thande

Donor
The most interesting was when I took the USA. I crushed the CSA, but on the same day I annexed the CSA, there was news from Europe.

Britain, France and Russia annexed Germany. Austria and the Ottomans fell soon after.

I see even HOI can do better than Turtledove when it comes to plausibility :D

Actually there is a HOI2 Mod that is set in TL-191. I cant dig it up right now, but it's set just before settling accounts.

A quality RTS or RTT (real-time tactics) would be best, as well as something in the vein of the Total War series or the games from Paradox Interactive. An FPS wouldn't be out of the question too.
But it depends on whether you consider any of the aforementioned genres clichéd or, on the other hand, untried - e.g. there are still no serious RTSs or FPSs about the OTL WWI, so...)

One crucial question :

Do we know how the military tech of the USA and CSA is supposed to look like ?

All we've got are vague descriptions from HT, some allusions and smart guesses... and some fan art of ours... One basic visual pattern seems to be known (US = German-like equipment, CSA = British and French gear). Oh yeah, and then some of the names : Stovepipes = Katyusha/Stalin's Organ Pipes, barrel busters = tank killers, etc.