Challenge Terry Gillam Directs Harry Potter movies

Spengler

Banned
So originally Rowling thought that Terry Gillam should direct the films and what if Warner Brothers had agreed how would the films be different?

Having Terry Gilliam as director would be something they'd disagree with. And as I don't see Rowling as the type to hold off on production because of minor quibbles, unlike some authors.

Imagine if Rowling had asked to say directly that Dumbledore was gay. WB would kindly tell her no, and she would go count her money.

The thing is, the first HP movie was expected to be a huge blockbuster. And giving it to an eccentric like Gilliam, a man who, while a talented director, never makes anything with mass market appeal, simply would not make sense to anyone in WB.

And as I don't see Rowling as the type to hold off on production because of minor quibbles, unlike some authors.

Well, maybe a TL where she isn't that kind of person, or who doesn't consider the director choice to be a "quibble"? :rolleyes:

Then she wouldn't write Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling is a successful hack, and you don't get to be a successful hack by pretending to be pretentious about your "art."

So Terry Gilliam builds a time machine, goes back to the 19th c with the Harry Potter books, and does movie versions of them? I guess, but they didn't have color or sound back then so I'm not sure that would really be better.

Also, Gilliam's estate would be able to sue Rowling when she publishes them 100 years later.

Spengler

Banned
So Terry Gilliam builds a time machine, goes back to the 19th c with the Harry Potter books, and does movie versions of them? I guess, but they didn't have color or sound back then so I'm not sure that would really be better.

Also, Gilliam's estate would be able to sue Rowling when she publishes them 100 years later.
:confused: What?