I thought I was doing ok. Plus I might have just had a revolutionary idea.

And you are. Look, the Borgias had a reputation for poisoning, surely it wouldn't be too difficult for Cesare to do away with Duke Filippo the Landless by means of poison. Filiberto II might put up a fight for a while, and get killed in the fighting. The next heir would be Filiberto's half-brothers, Carlo III, Ludovico and Filippo. If Filippo gets killed by poison or some other, it immediately cuts of there being any more kids of his loins. Filiberto II married twice and had no issue, Carlo waited until 1520 to get hitched and Filippo the same (his took place in the late 1520s).

So, poison Filippo, send Claudine to a convent. That rules out heirs, then you've only got Filiberto, Carlo, Ludovico and Filippo to deal with. Filiberto dies fighting against Cesare as rightful heir, backed by Maximilian I. Ludovico died young, so that could work, which leaves Carlo and Filippo. And considering that both married relatively late in life, there's a lot of space between Carlo II's death in 1496 and Carlo III's marriage in 1521. Especially if Cesare blocks the marriage of Bianca's daughter, Violante to Filiberto, in favor of marrying her to a Borgia-supporter/ally.

And you are. Look, the Borgias had a reputation for poisoning, surely it wouldn't be too difficult for Cesare to do away with Duke Filippo the Landless by means of poison. Filiberto II might put up a fight for a while, and get killed in the fighting. The next heir would be Filiberto's half-brothers, Carlo III, Ludovico and Filippo. If Filippo gets killed by poison or some other, it immediately cuts of there being any more kids of his loins. Filiberto II married twice and had no issue, Carlo waited until 1520 to get hitched and Filippo the same (his took place in the late 1520s).

So, poison Filippo, send Claudine to a convent. That rules out heirs, then you've only got Filiberto, Carlo, Ludovico and Filippo to deal with. Filiberto dies fighting against Cesare as rightful heir, backed by Maximilian I. Ludovico died young, so that could work, which leaves Carlo and Filippo. And considering that both married relatively late in life, there's a lot of space between Carlo II's death in 1496 and Carlo III's marriage in 1521. Especially if Cesare blocks the marriage of Bianca's daughter, Violante to Filiberto, in favor of marrying her to a Borgia-supporter/ally.

Thanks! That's gonna cause a lot of detouring though. Plan to have something special up in an hour!

Cesare Borgia: A Restored Rome Timeline
k2b93Sc.jpg

The Purple Company and Savoyard Forces outside Pisa

cRiYl9F.jpg

The French Banner

DPb4i3P.jpg

The collapse of the defences

a59lZkf.jpg

The liberation of the city

If this doesn't lag the thread too much I'll do this more often. Hope everyone enjoyed! I've practiced the art of photography in these games, so it's perfect! :extremelyhappy:

Your doing great buddy! Don't feel bad. This is a good Timeline, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Also, congrats on getting Attila pictures here. Never knew how to do that.

Your doing great buddy! Don't feel bad. This is a good Timeline, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Also, congrats on getting Attila pictures here. Never knew how to do that.

Basically, there's a medieval mod for Total War Attila called 'Medieval Kingdoms 1212AD' and I just used the best units in that game 'late era' to show off these battles! And since my PC is so beefy it makes it easy to crack the settings up to max and show it off. Hoping this can add enough flavour to this thread to make it unique!

Act 1 Cesare Borgia Part 4: Re-organisation and Solidifying part 1

‘These men shall start a great legacy, for if an Imperium were to be established, these men, this company, would be the vanguard to such a grand new age.’ Cesare Borgia, 1497, watching his company march on the steps of the Château de Chambéry, Chamberlium.

In the days from the end of his campaigning with Charles VII and the beginning with Louis XII, Cesare Borgia reorganised his company, taking the best men from the Savoyard forces into his ranks, educated them on the ideas of Rome and its glory because ‘Men who have a dream to fight for will claw for it till their eyes close’. Increased use of artillery within the ranks to disrupt enemy movements with the use of many smaller guns before closing Pike ranks, with volleys of gunfire shot when the Pikemen are trained to crouch. This system creates one of the most effective fighting doctrines in Renaissance Italy, giving them a monstrous advantage over others in the field. The army was divided into five sections, with a quarter of the men equipped with pikes and heavy armour to reject arrow/bolt fire, with another quarter of men with swords, polearms and more moderate armour equipped as a reserve behind them. The remaining half is divided into 3 parts, artillery usage, heavy shock cavalry, and gunmen. They were trained for the next three years until the end of the century. Cesare famously stated when watching them do their formations 'These men shall start a great legacy, for if an Imperium were to be established, these men, this company, would be the vanguard to such a grand new age.'

During the siege of Pisa, Cesare and even Louis XII had lost few men, only during the isolated incidents within the city, crossbow fire from the walls and brawls with the retreating pikemen. In exchange for keeping the city, Cesare Borgia offered the Florentine government 350,000 florins in exchange for retaining the city. With fear of attack from Cesare Borgia alliance of France, Savoy, Pisa and the Papal States, they gave in to the offer and also signed a treaty of nonaggression and mutual defence pact for five years.

Finally, he travelled home to see his father, his Purple Company double its former size, with some of the most disciplined troops in the known world. He reaches Rome by December, 1499.

Cesare leaps off his horse on the steps of St. Paul's Basilica and rushes in, eager to see his father, his feet trudging in the snow. Oh how familiar this feels, Cesare thought to himself. He sees him praying at the central altar, underneath the grand central dome. He slows down, not wanting to disturb him. He waits a minute or two for him to rise up, and turn around. Alexander’s eyes well up on sight. He almost tackled him in a warm embrace.

‘Cesare, I missed you so, I’ve heard so much about you since your departure, your duchy, your conquests, your wife. I’m so glad you’re here’

Cesare smiled at his father, for which he could be thankful of all he’s done. ‘Father, we have lands and cities for our great house! I even took Pisa without much bloodshed in the name of God!’ Alexander smiled, but it his eye’s showed deep sadness. ‘Father? What is wrong?’

‘My son, I may not be around much longer. I feel my body growing weak, my limbs less able. I fear that we only have a year or two left together’ Cesare’s face became like stone, the gears turning in head.

‘What do you wish me to do? I can get the greatest healers in all of Savoy! Pisa! Is that enough? Please can that be enough?’ Alexander stood up, trying to seem taller, however something clicked in his back, and he was forced to slump back down.

‘I have one last present for you, the last thing I can truly offer. I shall be giving you the lands of Romagna and Ancona, name you the prince of these lands, and then, like a man pushing a raft out to sea, you shall be independent of future rivals in Rome.’ Cesare was stunned, then embraced his father with a tightened grip,

‘All you ever wanted was for me to be happy, the Purple Company, the red cloak of Constantine, my steed, Hadrian. It was all for me. Why can’t I ever help you?’

Despite the slump, Alexander’s face looked strong with a sense of duty.

‘A father’s job is to raise his son, whether that is to raise him through childhood, or raise his empire. The only way I can do this is set you free. Now, if you excuse me, I wish to speak to God, so that I may prolong my life to see you smile’.

Cesare nodded and turned away, his metal boots with a heavier stomp, his cloak closer to his body, a tear rolling down his cheek.

Sorry for the negative drama here. This part is based around re-organising what Cesare had, and the Pope’s final release of Cesare, making his realm independent from the Pope, meaning future Pope’s cannot take his land away. This was the last gift Alexander could possibly give, after Cesare proved himself worthy at Pisa and Savoy.

st-peters-basilica-karen-stark.jpg

Nice painting of St Peter's Basilica, 1499.

Cesare's Purple Company, 1499:

uhWVtEu.jpg

Cesare's Pikemen

7pTO0Dv.jpg

Swordsmen and Polearms.

P4hsjKB.jpg

Cesare's gunmen.

aw7tijs.jpg

Cesare's Artillery.

eEndHhz.jpg

Cesare's Shock Cavalry

4FeWiVf.jpg

Cesare's Purple Company

Map of the Land:

7QEKLv2.png

Cesare controls all red areas.

Hope everyone enjoyed! Next one will be more action, just thought I'd slow it down a bit for some more realism and diplomacy... and also Pope Alexander IV. :extremelyhappy:

Last edited:
You're being rather generous to Rodrigo, given his historical perception. I suppose his reputation is different depending on who you talk to

You're being rather generous to Rodrigo, given his historical perception. I suppose his reputation is different depending on who you talk to

Well, most people, even if they are negative on the historical side, they do usually care about their family. I thought that maybe not everyone had to have a negative perception. Plus it gives more character to Cesare to have him like this.

I'm loving this timeline, I've always been fascinated by the Borgias, and Cesare in particular. Definitely following this!

Thanks so much! I put alot of effort and time into this so it really means alot :extremelyhappy:. What do you particular like in this timeline?
As I said, Cesare Borgia is someone I've been fascinated by since I first heard about him, and I've always wondered where he could've gone. The fact that you're making him achieve a lot is great! I'd be careful about not making him too successfull though, there's only so much one man can do

As I said, Cesare Borgia is someone I've been fascinated by since I first heard about him, and I've always wondered where he could've gone. The fact that you're making him achieve a lot is great! I'd be careful about not making him too successfull though, there's only so much one man can do

You'd be surprised about the power he will possess, and its all completely accurate and realistic! I have high hopes and plans in place for this.

Hey everyone! Quick Poll: How powerful do you think Cesare could become in his lifetime (he will last to 1530 in this timeline as he died in a failed siege, so I don't class it as a natural death)

*cough*JuliusCaesarPhilipOfMacedonAlexanderTheGreat*cough*

Warning: I will be visiting grandparents in a few hours that will last for today and maybe tommorow. Still be able to talk, but not produce much content.