Catalogue of Victorious Nazi Reichs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so this is a little pet project of mine: to catalogue as many instances of Victorious Nazi Reichs in fiction, both from this forum and outside, in these categories I've come up with. Here goes:

Nazis roll some sixes (on a six-sided die):

CalBear's Anglo/American Nazi War
Kaiser of Brazil's Iron Eagle

Nazis roll a full gauntlet of sixes (on a six-sided die):

Anarch King of Dipsode's Britain on the brink

Nazis roll sevens and eights (on a six-sided die):

GURPS's Reich-5
Philip K. Dick's Man in the High Castle
MachineGames' Wolfenstein: The New Order and subsequent games
Cyril M. Kornbluth's Two Dooms

Feel free to add to the list. I will update it from time to time as new stuff crops up.

Ok, so this is a little pet project of mine: to catalogue as many instances of Victorious Nazi Reichs in fiction, both from this forum and outside, in these categories I've come up with. Here goes:

GURPS's Reich-5

Feel free to add to the list. I will update it from time to time as new stuff crops up.
Where would you classify HOI4's Thousand Week Reich and The New Order? I'd personally place them as a "5 on a 6-sided die" (they're not perfect and collapse in the 1960s), but that's my opinion.

Where would you classify HOI4's Thousand Week Reich and The New Order? I'd personally place them as a "5 on a 6-sided die" (they're not perfect and collapse in the 1960s), but that's my opinion.
Going by what I’ve read of the two, I would put Thousand Week Reich under “Nazis roll some sixes”.... the New Order would probably occupy the space between full gauntlet of sixes and roll seven and eights.

My “Der Kalterkrieg”, Britain and the US roll 1’s in the 30’s (dead Churchill and dead Roosevelt), Germany rolls some 6’s during WW2, then some 3’s in the post-war, then some more 6’s on reforming their economy and bureaucracy.

Except for the divine intervention off course

Speaking of which your love letter to basically a magically 'fixed' idealised version of Hitler and friends featured here - here

That wasn't rolling some 8's on a D6 or the gentle hand of the author but the people's elbow of the author and throwing at least 6 x D20's all of which were weighted to land on 20. Oh and of course the most aggressively inappropriate way of discussing General Plan Ost and the Holocaust that's ever been written on this site that wasn't outright Holocaust denial but was within spitting distance of it instead, whilst still happening.

Also can anyone remember the name of that one where the Germans got uber carriers and it was basically a comedy, I think it was by Sbpier or something?

Last edited:

GURPS's Reich-5

Main PODs are capture of Dunkirk and US civil war in the 30s--TL is about Germany ironically mirroring US history

Leave out ASB timelines, even well-reasoned ones.

So that's basically all the TL's because using the original actors and way things were set up for the various nations as per OTL in WW2, the germans were not going to win, and it either requires massive changes to the countries or many other things.

As I said here;

The problem with Axis victory TL's is usually beset with several issues.

1 - First you've got to overcome the fact that no matter what, you're at the loosing end of the industrial race, a manpower race and you've not got space to trade. If the US gets involved, you've got an enemy that has a basically untouchable industrial and population base that's second to none. The Brits have the Empire to call upon and even though they started late, were actually outbuilding the Nazis by 41, and the Russians have huge numbers and immense amounts of space in which to trade or use them.

2 - The acceptance that Der UberPanzerwaffenwerferKugelshrankhosen DB20995 will not win you the war. With many axis wanks, especially Nazi ones they tend to focus on equipment and uniforms and the like, because that's shiny and i'll be honest, the Krauts kit did look very good. But they'll usually very studiously ignore or gloss over the other aspects of Nazi Germany. That little matter of genocide. Here you can't separate one from the other. You want the gucchi nazi kit, then you've got to go hand in hand with gas chambers and Dr Mengele. So most TLs about this will go "Behold these super tanks and amazing aircraft!" for pages and then "ohyeahtheykilledjews, homosexualsthedisabledandsomuchmore but look at these tanks!" And then not mention it again. And to do the Nazis right, you've got to do that, you can't gloss it over, you can't have them come up with some 'humane' solution, or what ever. Hitler's not going to get better because a goat kicks him in the stomach whilst he's touring the battlefields of France, the anti-semitism, the racism, the hatred of the 'wrong' IE disabled, homosexuals etc etc, is pre-baked and has been part of the party's ideology since they got into power and has been drummed into them from them until the war. And is ongoing. Its not going away, and not mentioning it or glossing over it is at best wrong, at worst you step into holocaust denialism.

3 - Notzis and lead paint drinking Allies. This is a common one. Here this usually includes a good dollop of the one above and the Heer and luftwaffe have considerably more advanced kit that's either been expedited way too fast or made with zero drivers to actually develop it (and of course its perfect and works fine 1st time), or 'because', and meanwhile the WAllies will NOT react to this in any way, shape or form, and will keep producing their kit and react exactly as per OTL whilst the Germans can suddenly build Der Uberflugkruizergranatenmosser super carriers, all of course protected by the blessed Krupps steel which will defeat anything that hits it. And then when the Nazis, with their super kit storm into France and the Low Countries they scythe through the allies who are, at this point thinking that the Macedonian Phalanx is clearly the answer for any infantry formation, the BEF is captured and France falls quickly. AND, most importantly, there's none of that nasty genocide or concentration camp nonsense. This has the stink of the Clean Heer to it as well as the usual rolling out of the Holy Trinity, Saint Mannstein, Saint Guderian and Rommel the Blessed who are, in these ones, usually utterly flawless geniuses who do no wrong in battle or against the population of the countries they're invading. See again Clean Heer.
The Allies in this situation will be morons or actively evil and incompetent who never fail to go lowing obediently to their coreographed slaughter by the Heer and who will uniformly not react to any developments by the Germans.

4 - Handwavium/miracle cures - In reality to counter Issue 1, the manufacturing/manpower issue, this one's also trotted out, usually with the focus on one specific thing being the 'obvious' solution to the Axis woes (apart from that Nasty Mr Hitler, if only the Generals had been in charge!). I've seen things from German coal to wood charcoal and more being the OBVIOUS fix for what ailes the Nazis in TLs, it also usually has a bit of paint drinking allies in it where other nations will eagerly trade with the Nazis all the things they need in the (huge) quantities they need.

To get anything like a realistic Nazi TL would require changes to the WAllied countries pre-war and other changes in Germany on a level that it wouldn't be our world. Or if you don't want realistic, reach for any of the ones above, and there's no doubt others i've not mentioned.

We've had every post you can think of here, from "Oh the Tiger II can defeat any modern NATO MBT if it was crewed by Michael Wittman THE BEST NAZI...errr..NOT NAZI EVER!" to Hitler suddenly becoming a strategic genius or Speer pulling resources out of his ass whilst the Allies are off producing their next armoured vehicle, which is a wooden cart armoured with dried mud, pulled by 3 legged, blind donkeys. There's the usual nonsense of the Clean Heer, of goalpost moving so fast and frequent by wehraboo's that its blatant that they're arguing their point to win and not in any actual good faith.

Because without any idealized fanfic version of the Heer featuring pictures of Guderian and Rommel with suspiciously stiff somewhat cloudy stains on them, the Nazi's couldn't win if you go off how things were in WW2, no matter how much you un focus your eyes and squint or whatever. you HAVE to change things, and most of the stuff about that will either go into clean heer territory, magical bubbles of technological innovation whilst the Allies are mentally incompetent or do not react in any way (so mentally incompetent) or idealized Hitler love letters.

Here's a fun video about Wittman, Wehraboos and the like.

Last edited:

Garrison

Donor

GURPS's Reich-5

Calbear's TL is not Nazi victory scenario in that the Nazis still lose in the end and unlike so many others it looks at the horrors of a Nazi dominated Europe rather than the Nazi's winning being the endpoint as with so many others.
Leave out ASB timelines, even well-reasoned ones.
That would exclude almost all of them as the amount of handwaving involved usually borders on magic.

Garrison

Donor
Of course if one wants a flavour of the standard of research and realism to be found in so many Nazi victory scenarios one can't exclude this legendary TL:
Apologies to all those who had managed to forget it existed.

Because without any idealized fanfic version of the Heer featuring pictures of Guderian and Rommel with suspiciously stiff somewhat cloudy stains on them, the Nazi's couldn't win if you go off how things were in WW2, no matter how much you un focus your eyes and squint or whatever. you HAVE to change things, and most of the stuff about that will either go into clean heer territory, magical bubbles of technological innovation whilst the Allies are mentally incompetent or do not react in any way (so mentally incompetent) or idealized Hitler love letters.
I read this hilarious post aloud to my wife, who laughed at the appropriate places. If I could like twice, I would. @CalBear , surely that's an appropriate use of sock puppets, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.