Bush vs. The Axis of Evil - TL

I say this on account that unlike China which was dealing with about two centuries of decline before fully falling into civil war, this US civil war would be far more immediate and far more devastating not just to the US but to the entire world since they will be dealing with millions of refugees not just from the US but from all over the world as the worlds largest economy and agriculture producer falls apart.

Really what I am saying is that if the US falls like most 21st century Second Civil War scenarios have it fall, the consequences would be far worse than they usually occur in said scenarios.

Really I would say it would be closer to the fall o Rome than China.
I wouldn’t say it would be the same as Rome at least on a cultural level. You underestimate that like China and Russia for that matter that even under bad circumstances either through dumb luck or willpower the country always bounces back in someway. Also like both their is a strong culture to bring all but the most hopelessly separatist states to their core state. Thinking that the USA will unravel will somehow cut into a dozen successor states each hopeless to repair the country is painfully naive. Just because a small percentage of people far from the capital try to declare independence for spurious reasons, doesn’t mean it will embody the will of the people unless something seriously pushed for it. I mean even during the American Revolutionary war people will more ambivalent then supportive of independence (the loyalists created Canada after all). A fall of Rome may mean the loss of power for the USA, but it will not mean a loss of its core people nor its desire for reconstruction of the Union ( whether it be European, African, Native, Asian, or Latin). Some people might leave permanently others will return, no different if Brazil had a civil war.

Although yes I understand what you’re saying and a fall would lead to devastating consequences worldwide.

Last edited:
Hey @Sorairo what was Paul Wellstone’s relationship with Israel during his time as president?
Likely a constant fight between Wellstone's isolationist impulses and bureaucratic inertia about how essential it is to sustain Israel in the Middle East as part of peace efforts.

I find it extremely doubtful that Wellstone has taken the step of saying "treat the Palestinians well or I'll cut off your funding" or even "I'm cutting off your funding until you start treating your neighbors well."

Went ahead and made a QBAM map of the world in 2022. Didn't bother with Africa (save Egypt) or most of the Western hemisphere because nothing over there changed.View attachment 895307
I read this TL again and not to be particularly picky, but isn't this map wrong? What I mean here is that Armenia is larger only by the OTL area of the former Armenian Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh, while the chapter "Aurelian" writed about including the entire Nagorno-Karabakh region (i.e., as far as I know, the Azerbaijani regions of East Zangezur and Karabakh).

Last edited:
Hey @Sorairo what was Paul Wellstone’s relationship with Israel during his time as president?

Slightly better than the Obama years - Wellstone was pro Israel and would only express concerns over condemnations of Israel’s more questionable acts like the Jordan Valley annexation.

Hey @Sorairo what is the official name of Russia by 2024 I keep hearing Union of Eastern Slavic Republics and Vostokoslavia and I’m very confused about which one is the real one, also what does the flag look like now?

Hey @Sorairo what is the official name of Russia by 2024 I keep hearing Union of Eastern Slavic Republics and Vostokoslavia and I’m very confused about which one is the real one, also what does the flag look like now?
And on that note, another question about the UESR is the anthem they use.

To 2019 Russia, Ukraine and Belarus are treated as a separate countries and UESR something like EU. After 2019 UESR is thought as a state.

The UESR is official while Vostokoslavia is the more informal term used as a descriptor.

The flag is the imperial Russian flag without the eagle, the anthem is the same tune as the Soviet one with updated lyrics praising the Slavs.

The flag is the imperial Russian flag without the eagle, the anthem is the same tune as the Soviet one with updated lyrics praising the Slavs.

Do you mean that being similar as in OTL Russian flag or is that black-yellow-white what is usually connected with Russian ultranationalists?