Bridge of Spies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJohnson

Banned
IC:

I was watching Bridge of Spies, and it was a pretty good story. The lawyer, Donovan, went to East Berlin, leaving the Mitte, which the Allies captured during WW2, for the Soviet Sector just before the Berlin Wall went up, intent on trading Abel for Powers, and he also managed to get Frederic Pryor released as well, based partly on his meeting Pryor's girlfriend, Katje, in West Berlin. Pryor tried to get Katje's father out of East Berlin, but failed. Her father later joined the two in West Berlin two years later in a remarkable escape attempt, and after living for another six months in West Berlin, they left for the state of Westphalia, then moved to America.

Sectors:
berlin_sectors_by_jjohnson1701-dchtq59.png

What eventually became East and West Germany:
divided_germany_by_jjohnson1701-dchtun5.png

So what'd you think of the movie? And what about Night Crossing? The one where the families (Strelzyk and Wetzel) in Silesia float over into West Germany's Saxony Anhalt across the inter-German border in a hot air balloon. Disney did a pretty good job of that movie I think.

OOC: Can someone clean up this map a little for me? I'd appreciate it! The link tells the changes in this version of Europe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.