Boudicca defeats the Romans but the Romans reconquer Britain. What happens?

Basicly Boudicca defeats the Romans at the Battle of Watling Street and Nero orders the evacuation and abandonment of Britannia.

Within the next two decades the Romans return and reconquer Britannia. How do you think they would treat the Britions and how would this affect not only how the Britons are treated but the management of Britannia by the Romans as a whole.

Last edited:
Well I assume they'll want Boudicca's head on a pike for starters. I can't see it ending well for the Iceni.

That said, I doubt there would be much difference.

I don't know.

Boudicca's being killed by the Romans after they reconquer is obvious though i think they will be more change.

The Britons may become more rebellious cause the Iceni/Boudicca Rebellion did manage to destroy three Roman cities and wipe out three legions at the very least. There is a example that they can push the Romans out and the thought may develop that if they keep rebelling then the Romans might finally give up.

Plus the Boudicca/Iceni Rebellion succeeding would be more traumatising then Teutoburg forest and being able to reconquer Britannia some ambitious Emperor may get the idea of reconquering Germania, possibly delaying or accelerating the Roman Empires collapse.

Butterflies are very dangerous things.

I don't know.

Boudicca's being killed by the Romans after they reconquer is obvious though i think they will be more change. ...
Or she may end up as state hostage in Rome living out the rest of her life in considerable luxury befitting her rank like Queen Zenobia of Palmyra.