Blue Skies in Camelot (Continued): An Alternate 80s and Beyond

Won't lie, the different outcome for Hinkley did bring a tear to my eye. The difference that just a bit of support and help at the right time can make.

Mr. President, this has to be one of your best chapters that you've written so far for The Transition and Inauguration of President Robert F. Kennedy. His cabinet members has to be one of the most diversed, greatest, and wisest that have ever assembled ITTL. I'm looking forward on how President RFK would implement his platforms during the 1980 US Presidential Election ITTL.

In his Inaugural Ceremony, I'm assuming that the whole Kennedy Family were there in complete attendance and wouldn't miss this historic moment. I think JFK was proud because it's RFK's time to shine and passed the torch of hope as the new decade dawned. As I've read his short speech, he did it excellently just as his elder brother did during his Inaugural Address 20 Years Ago in 1961. In his Inaugural Ball, who are following celebrities that he invited to perform in his honor and privileged to be there for him? Yes it is Mr. President, Camelot has returned to The White House for the second (and maybe it's the last) time and the Kennedys became "The America's Family", The New World's answer to the European Royalty.

When I've read and saw the name of John Hinckley, Jr., I was already anxious if he's planning to assassinate President RFK ITTL and not Reagan form IOTL now that he's out of the picture. As I've read it continuously, his dream was to become a part of the music industry. While it's not already over for him, he found love with Donna Serrano, who later become her fiancé of which I'm impressed. She finally helped him to get his life better with music and inspired by her love to music therapy later after their graduation. I'm loving this new life of him ITTL. With him and Serrano attending the Inauguration of President RFK on Washington, D.C., even him was also impressed with his speech. Now that I'm worrying about is where's Mark David Chapman ITTL now that we prevent The Death of John Lennon from IOTL? I'm hoping he's in the better place and finally got his life back together by going into therapy.

Another impressive chapter that you've written Mr. President, you've done another masterpiece indeed genius! Forgive me for replying on such a late notice due to that you've post it a few hours from midnight in my timezone. I was supposed to reply later before midnight, but I was already fell asleep. I'm also busy from the following morning through afternoon, and I'm replying as of this moment indeed genius.

Well then geniuses, looks like were looking forward next week on President RFK's First 100 Days in Office. Whatever challenges he may be faced, he's not backing down and not afraid to face it to make the country and the rest of the world in believing hope for the better future ITTL. RFK, we're counting on your leadership and we're always right here beside you through good and bad times. You're always ready, and we're also ready indeed genius! Let's fucking go RFK! Kennedy-Bentsen: Leadership for the Decade! We'll see more of that in the next chapter updates geniuses!

Last edited:
In his Inaugural Ceremony, I'm assuming that the whole Kennedy Family were there in complete attendance and wouldn't miss this historic moment. I think JFK was proud because it's RFK's time to shine and passed the torch of hope as the new decade dawned. As I've read his short speech, he did it excellently just as his elder brother did during his Inaugural Address 20 Years Ago in 1961. In his Inaugural Ball, who are following celebrities that he invited to perform in his honor and privileged to be there for him? Yes it is Mr. President, Camelot has returned to The White House for the second (and maybe it's the last) time and the Kennedys became "The America's Family", The New World's answer to the European Royalty
I hope he's not the last Kennedy in the white house. I'd like to see Caroline in there at some point.

CHARLEY
With Bobby

BETH
And Jackie

FRANK
And Jack,

ALL THREE
The White House is under attack.

FRANK
Eight years is the limit but eight will do,

CHARLEY
By then there'll be Bobby ?

TED
? And Teddy, too ?

BETH
Or Peter or Stephen ?
————————————————————————————
FRANK
And some day elections will be unknown

BETH
'Cause each of our kids will ascend the throne

CHARLEY
And their kids will have more kids of their own ?

FRANK
? It's sort of a family knack ?

ALL THREE
Till half of the nation's
Made up of relations
Of Bobby and Jackie and Jack
And Ethel and Ted and Eunice and Pat and Joan
and Steve and Peter and Jean and Sarge
And Joe and Rose and rows and rows and rows
And rows and rows and rows and rows ?
———————————————————————
“Bobby and Jackie and Jack” from Merrily We Roll Along (1981). Music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim

I hope he's not the last Kennedy in The White House. I'd like to see Caroline in there at some point ITTL.
With Caroline Kennedy succeeding her father's shoes after he passed away, she'll continue what her father and her uncles did in leading the country towards hope for their future. With Timothy Michael Kaine by her side, they'll work together in serving the country and making a name for themselves in The American Politics ITTL. I'm still looking forward for JFK, Jr. and Diana Spencer now that we prevent from their untimely deaths IOTL, to a wonderful couple, having both successful careers, and a loving family ITTL. I'm also looking forward on what could be a new track for Rosie and Robbie Kennedy ITTL, would they follow their father's footsteps or would they make their own different paths on what careers they'll be? Whoever their perfect matches would be for these two younger children of JFK as we move further in the 80's and 90's ITTL, we're looking forward that as well geniuses.

Last edited:
With Caroline Kennedy succeeding her father's shoes after he passed away, she'll continue what her father and her uncles did in leading the country towards hope for their future. With Timothy Michael Kaine by her side, they'll work together in serving the country and making a name for themselves in The American Politics ITTL. I'm still looking forward for JFK, Jr. and Diana Spencer now that we prevent from their untimely deaths IOTL, to a wonderful couple, having both successful careers, and a loving family ITTL. I'm also looking forward on what could be a new track for Rosie and Robbie Kennedy ITTL, would they follow their father's footsteps or would they make their own different paths on what careers they'll be? Whoever their perfect matches would be for these two younger children of JFK as we move further in the 80's and 90's ITTL, we're looking forward that as well geniuses.
In regards to Robbie and Rosie, I could see Robbie becoming a Lawyer and Rosie I don't know why but I could see her becoming a singer like Margaret Truman Daniel.

Last edited:
Brilliantly written, the members of Bobby Kennedy's cabinet are certainly a who's who of Democratic big wigs. My favourite was Cesar Chavez!

Loved Bobby's inaugural address! Beautifully written.

You had me worried when you started talking about John Hinkley but that twist! You actually made me cry reading about his marriage and becoming a musician! Such a heart-warming change in how his life is OTL
Thank you very much! :) glad you enjoyed. I felt like a short, to the point speech was very on brand for RFK. He's not as eloquent a speaker as Jack, but he's a fighter.

Jackson was very Pro Israel and Lebanon was when Israel’s PR started to become less invulnerable.
True. I will be covering all of this in a forthcoming foreign affairs update.

Won't lie, the different outcome for Hinkley did bring a tear to my eye. The difference that just a bit of support and help at the right time can make.
Thank you :) That's exactly what I was going for. I want to show that not everyone in history is "destined" to be a monster or anything. Some people are too far gone. But I want this timeline to be a bit more hopeful than our own when and where it can be.

Thank you :) That's exactly what I was going for. I want to show that not everyone in history is "destined" to be a monster or anything. Some people are too far gone. But I want this timeline to be a bit more hopeful than our own when and where it can be.
That makes me think. John Hinkley could be the go too guy for Music Therapy. The person who really brings Music Therapy into the mainstream, maybe he writes a book about his own experiences and becomes what Oliver Sacks is to neurology, John Hinkley jr becomes that to Music Therapy.

Jackson, Albright and Brzezinski were quite "tough" when it came to foreign policy and from the neoliberal wing of the Democratic Party in OTL. I wonder how the hard left progressives of TTL will view them being in such prominent positions of defence and foreign affairs. I could imagine some would consider it a "betrayal" by RFK

Say, Mr. President @President_Lincoln , who replaces Jackson and Kerry in their respective seats now that they are both cabinet members?
Good question!

Jim McDermott (D), a former State Senator and psychiatrist, is nominated by governor Dixy Lee Ray to finish Scoop's term.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that a Special Election will have to be held to replace a sitting member of the House of Representatives, such as Kerry is here? If so, then I will happily cover this sometime soon. :)

Jackson, Albright and Brzezinski were quite "tough" when it came to foreign policy and from the neoliberal wing of the Democratic Party in OTL. I wonder how the hard left progressives of TTL will view them being in such prominent positions of defence and foreign affairs. I could imagine some would consider it a "betrayal" by RFK
This is a fair point. You're spot on that some on the progressive wing of the party are going to feel burnt by RFK's more realist approach to foreign policy. Not the least of which will be former President Udall. For as much as I've talked in recent updates about how the American public want Kennedy and his administration to get "tough" with the Soviets, there are still plenty of folks on the left who are more dovish and thus, uncomfortable with such a stance. Others among this camp will include former Senator and Secretary of Agriculture George McGovern and other members of the "New Left".

While I would hesitate to characterize RFK as a "neoliberal" (he's definitely a New Dealer), he's also for deregulation, privatization, and localization in certain, limited industries. For instance, he's going along with the deregulation of the airline industry, etc. I think some degree of this was inevitable. Kennedy's goal will be to keep the Overton window in the US firmly within the "liberalism" sphere, rather than shifting to the right as it did IOTL. I would argue that part of that requires a "tough" posture on foreign policy and on some cultural issues. He's got to come off as a "strong" liberal in order to continue the Democrats' appeal to union workers and so forth.

Good question!

Jim McDermott (D), a former State Senator and psychiatrist, is nominated by governor Dixy Lee Ray to finish Scoop's term.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that a Special Election will have to be held to replace a sitting member of the House of Representatives, such as Kerry is here? If so, then I will happily cover this sometime soon. :)

This is a fair point. You're spot on that some on the progressive wing of the party are going to feel burnt by RFK's more realist approach to foreign policy. Not the least of which will be former President Udall. For as much as I've talked in recent updates about how the American public want Kennedy and his administration to get "tough" with the Soviets, there are still plenty of folks on the left who are more dovish and thus, uncomfortable with such a stance. Others among this camp will include former Senator and Secretary of Agriculture George McGovern and other members of the "New Left".

While I would hesitate to characterize RFK as a "neoliberal" (he's definitely a New Dealer), he's also for deregulation, privatization, and localization in certain, limited industries. For instance, he's going along with the deregulation of the airline industry, etc. I think some degree of this was inevitable. Kennedy's goal will be to keep the Overton window in the US firmly within the "liberalism" sphere, rather than shifting to the right as it did IOTL. I would argue that part of that requires a "tough" posture on foreign policy and on some cultural issues. He's got to come off as a "strong" liberal in order to continue the Democrats' appeal to union workers and so forth.
This all makes sense. As a liberal myself part of my thinking is that it's one thing to be a left wing domestic Democrat but foreign affairs is an entirely different ballgame it's like you said, you need to be realistic in his you handle it.

Geniuses, I've made another face morphing from FaceApp on what could've been the twin children of Edward Kennedy and Sharon Tate Kennedy when they were born in Late December, 1976 ITTL. It took me days before I found the perfect pictures for both of them. You've said that they were married in 1975 ITTL, when it was exactly?

Here's one for Gwyneth Doris Kennedy, aka "Gwen"
Screenshot_20240124-101137~2.jpg
gettyimages-160703012-612x612(2).jpg

And here's another one for James Paul Kennedy, aka "Jimmy"
1706056976924(1).jpg
gettyimages-160703012-612x612.jpg

Mr. President, I've read again in Chapter 101 that when its show creator Gene Rodenberry was planning to return her character for the Star Trek: Phase II, Season 1: Episode 17: Parallel Mirrors. Let's assume that this episode was aired on December 30th, 1976 ITTL, where they were born before, during, or after Christmas? Also, I've combined their names from when you've written it previously and another one recently. It's actually good after I've combined it and I gave their nicknames from their first names and we'll use it from this day forward geniuses. Forgive me for overthinking this too much, being as a perfectionist and a detail-oriented person were both good and bad at the same time geniuses. As one of your contributors, it gives me a lot of ideas to think about everything in this timeline of yours.

Last edited:
How bitter is Udall that he couldn't run for re-election? Would he have died in office if he ran and won? Here's the updated President Udall wikibox.
1706069921437.png

I don't think he would have died in office. But he wouldn't have had as long of a post presidency.
It would probably be a bit like the America's Funniest President timeline, where Udall's death basically happens a couple years into his successor's first term.

It would probably be a bit like the America's Funniest President timeline, where Udall's death basically happens a couple years into his successor's first term.
Yeah, thing about Parkinson's disease it's not like a fatal disease where it kills people after a couple years, I don't know what prognosis was like in 1980 but I dont think it was considered a death sentence. Now of course things can speed it up like Presidential stress like in that timeline